Help me out, ladies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The X

Reaction score
The furthest point from the bright center of the u
I've determined that one of the biggest sources of negativity in my life is the flicker of hope I keep under lock and key. Every time things turn out the way I know they're going too anyway, it hurts, but that stupid flame won't go out. So, I ask you to douse me. Without going into too much detail or giving any of the hundred messed up reasons for why I am where I am (example: the state of Michigan doesn't seem to think checking the facts on simple cases such as insanity matters, so instead of putting that nugget of info in the right file they just stuck it in mine since I had the same name as the guy. So I was "legally insane" from 2001 till April of last year when I found out totally by accident that this was the case and took steps to fix it. Its funny, cause I was sooo confused about why I couldn't find a **** job anywhere. One background check and BAM! Michigan says I'm insane and heavily medicated...) Anyway, yeah, thats why we're keepin this direct and facts only. I will rant like a madman and I've got a hundred stories thanks to having the worst luck in the world. Right.. so.. to the point.. I know Im a loser, but I don't know how much of a loser I am or how severely my loserdom affects my standing with the opposite sex. No offense guys, but I could really give a **** about what you think of me. LoL Ok ladies, here's the cold hard facts, minus the sob stories that nobody cares about anyway.

Im thirty one years old. I am employed, finally, and make nine dollars an hour. I have two children that I pay child support for, which takes nearly all of my check and ate up all my savings and then some in the years I was unemployed. I bring home three to four hundred dollars a month on average if we get enough business to keep me on the clock. I live with my parents because.. well.. Im freakin broke. Even if I quit smoking, eat ramen noodles every meal, and ride a bike I could never afford rent and utilities. Ever. A raise is out of the question for now and there aren't any other jobs out there. Besides, I have no work history thanks to Michigan. Oh, and I have a car. Yay.

So, how bad is it? Seriously, be honest. Im NOT into one night stands or bullshit relationships at all so if I've got no shot at a real relationship with a girl who has a brain, then I need to know so I can stop pretending otherwise. Lets assume I've got at least average looks and a decent personality because I just want to deal with the numbers. Numbers have become a very important part of this society, unfortunately.

Well.. yeah. What else is there? Thats what I've got to work with. I could tell you that Im funny and loyal and nice to the point of letting people walk over me to a certain degree, but does that matter? In my experience that only matters long enough for them to figure out the things I've already stated and bail. If you want more info I'll supply it but you've gotta be specific, otherwise Im just going to assume Im looking at a worse case scenario. Ah well, such is the life of The X.

As you may well know women in general seek someone who is financially and emotionally stable. Your financial situation may be changed by applying for financial aid and going to a technical/ vocational school or college. There are numerous careers you can train for and many schools work with working adults. This would probably make you feel better about yourself as well. I know it can be hard not having a significant other who you share things with. Like a lot of us we just hope things will change for the better while we concentrate on bettering ourselves.
The X said:
I've determined that one of the biggest sources of negativity in my life is the flicker of hope I keep under lock and key. Every time things turn out the way I know they're going too anyway, it hurts, but that stupid flame won't go out. So, I ask you to douse me. Without going into too much detail or giving any of the hundred messed up reasons for why I am where I am (example: the state of Michigan doesn't seem to think checking the facts on simple cases such as insanity matters, so instead of putting that nugget of info in the right file they just stuck it in mine since I had the same name as the guy. So I was "legally insane" from 2001 till April of last year when I found out totally by accident that this was the case and took steps to fix it. Its funny, cause I was sooo confused about why I couldn't find a **** job anywhere. One background check and BAM! Michigan says I'm insane and heavily medicated...) Anyway, yeah, thats why we're keepin this direct and facts only. I will rant like a madman and I've got a hundred stories thanks to having the worst luck in the world. Right.. so.. to the point.. I know Im a loser, but I don't know how much of a loser I am or how severely my loserdom affects my standing with the opposite sex. No offense guys, but I could really give a **** about what you think of me. LoL Ok ladies, here's the cold hard facts, minus the sob stories that nobody cares about anyway.

Im thirty one years old. I am employed, finally, and make nine dollars an hour. I have two children that I pay child support for, which takes nearly all of my check and ate up all my savings and then some in the years I was unemployed. I bring home three to four hundred dollars a month on average if we get enough business to keep me on the clock. I live with my parents because.. well.. Im freakin broke. Even if I quit smoking, eat ramen noodles every meal, and ride a bike I could never afford rent and utilities. Ever. A raise is out of the question for now and there aren't any other jobs out there. Besides, I have no work history thanks to Michigan. Oh, and I have a car. Yay.

So, how bad is it? Seriously, be honest. Im NOT into one night stands or bullshit relationships at all so if I've got no shot at a real relationship with a girl who has a brain, then I need to know so I can stop pretending otherwise. Lets assume I've got at least average looks and a decent personality because I just want to deal with the numbers. Numbers have become a very important part of this society, unfortunately.

"So, I ask you to douse me."
You asked for it, so don't expect any sympathy.
Arbitrary loser rating...anything from -100 to 0

No money at the end of the month -10
Hasn't had a job BUT not your fault -0 (Cant hold that against you)
Lives with parents -400
is 31 yrs old +15
takes care of children +100,000 (why can't all men do that?)
works because he has honor +500 (shows depedability)
did save when he could +1000 (shows responsibility)
smoking -500 (health risk)
could never afford rent or utilities
BECAUSE he supports his kids +2000 (doing the right thing)
not into one night stand +500 (possibley loyal)
has a car +200 (doesn't need a ride)

Ok there ya have it. Guess your not the loser you thought you were but, the count isn't all in yet and we don't know enough about WHO you are. You migt be surprised at what people consider to be "loser" qualities. I consider a man who lives in a mansion, looks like Johnny Depp and drives a porsche to be a total loser if he is arrogant, spoiled and mistreats people. Money can come and go. People can be rich today and broke in a year. Seen it plenty of times in the news. For those whose identity and worth is soley based on things and money, god forbid they should lose them because then who would they be? You are not what you have or don't have outside of yourself. I don't care if you have a dollar or 100000 dollars, everyone puts thier pants on the same way and we are all equal. A persons true worth is inside them. It's thier character. It's how they treat others and what they do in this life. No, not everyone thinks that way but......isn't it they who are the true losers?

Naleena said:
everyone puts thier pants on the same way

I like this metaphor. :D

Me pops always said it this way, "Everyone's honeysuckle smells the same."

Haha so I think yours is a better metaphor, Naleena. :p

Badjedidude said:
Naleena said:
everyone puts thier pants on the same way

I like this metaphor. :D

Me pops always said it this way, "Everyone's honeysuckle smells the same."

Haha so I think yours is a better metaphor, Naleena. :p

LOL@ your dads saying :p Thanks, Steve. I like reading your posts, BTW. You have some good advice and are halarious at times :)

i put my pants on both legs at once by jumping into them and simultaneously pulling upward. i am different.

Holy crap...I actually tried that after reading it, JSD...and it's harder than it sounds! :p

Badjedidude said:
Holy crap...I actually tried that after reading it, JSD...and it's harder than it sounds! :p

Like tequila, JSD's posts should be taken with a big ole grain of salt. :p

Latest posts

Back