here's my story..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drake

Reaction score
Well considering I've already bothered half the forum in chat with all this trash and I'm sure there's many other threads exactly like this, this probably won't be a shock to any of you. I'd just appreciate if you could bare with me while I *****...some more.

I find myself constantly yearning for a girlfriend, the last serious relationship I had was 4 years ago. We date for a year then broke up for a month then went out again for 11, so we were basically together for 2 years. It was probably the happiest I've ever been, we were convinced it was love, even though I'm not so sure now, all I know is I've never felt like that before and haven't since. I pissed my chance away with this girl by being selfish, cheating and ignoring her to use drugs, since then I've cleaned up and I like to tell myself that the next relationship will be different. I won't put myself over her, I'll be caring and kind etc. The problem is I just haven't had another chance.

Now, she's coming back for the weekend and we are suppose to hangout on sunday. She has been in a bad relationship, with a guy who was (apparently) even more controlling then I was to her. We've talked on MSN the last few nights and talked about how it was and how much we miss each other. She's even taken it as far as flirting, and me doing the same back. I'm extremely nervous of when she comes down, because I'm afraid of afterwards what will happen. Will she even keep in touch? We most likely won't ever date again, but once she's gone it's like the last hope for me.

I know there's always new people to meet but I just can't seem to find them. Last summer another girl and I had fooled around while she was in town. She went home for a year and is now back for the summer. We've hung out a couple times, going to the movies and walking (working out nothing romantic) and I now realize she doesn't like me as more than a friend anymore..maybe she never did. So there's no hope with her left, she doesn't even call me when she says she will and seems reluctant to hang out when I call.

There was still people who cared about me and wanted to be friends when I sobered up but I seem to have thrown away my chance with them as well. They used to call me all the time saying we should hang out and there would be no drugs but I would decline because I couldn't believe they could have a good time with getting messed up. I've hung out with them once, maybe about 3 months ago or something and it went well but decided I didn't want to the next weekend so they have stopped calling me since. I'm constantly not attending family related events because I feel like such a loser, I'm convinced I can find someone who cares about me outside of my family.

I'm only 22 years old and not even anti-social. I get along well with people in the real world, even made a friend at work that always suggests we should hang out but never gives me her number..I just feel like there's something about me that's simply not good enough, I know I'm caring, most people find me funny and I think I would be able to make a good friend now if given the chance, but for whatever reason it just doesn't work.

I can't even seem to succeed on the internet with making friends. I've been in chat for about a week and already got on peoples bad sides, made someone feel uncomfortable by trying to make the relationship more than friends and still find myself simply not fitting in. I just feel like the only reason these people are nice to me is because they are so caring and don't want to hurt my feelings and if this wasn't a loneliness forums chat, they would all tell me to fresia off.

I called my older cousin to hang out tonight but she was already back home. She lives 20 minutes of of town and was just returning back to work after being injured in a car accident so she declined to go see a movie with me. I called the second girl mentioned in this post to hang out but she's apparently doing homework even though I don't think she would want to hang out anyway. Those were really the only people left I had to call so I figured I could chat with some folks on here...but no, chat is completely empty, one person even joined and left quickly before saying anything to me. I just feel really lonely right now and needed to vent for the 100th time since joining. Thanks for your time.

Hi Drake

Sounds like a quiet night. From what i can see sometimes the chat is pretty empty. I don't know anything about it cuz it is to complicated for me.:)

It does sound like you are kinda working on things and something could come of it. At least you aren't buried in a total wilderness. I hope it all works out for you.

You ***** all you wont dude.

Well firstly you say your not anti-social but if your dishing on the ppl you like to do drugs then I would say that is anti-social. So sorry to have to disagree with you there. Ask your self why you do drugs? You know that you well get nothing good out of life from taking any drugs. The only time drugs are good and that's if you need pain relief.

I would say that you come across from your post there to be a little controlling of what ever girl your with. WHY? I mean you do realise that the moor controlling of a girl you are the moor likely that girl is going to go and get someone else and not wont to be with you.

If your coming accrues to strong then that well scare them off. You need to be moor relaxed about things I would say. You can not just start coming on to a girl with out first getting to know them. That well just make them think your only after the one thing. I mean its obvious to me from your post that your not just after the one thing and that your after a relationship but it takes time to get to that point you know. You can not just start acting all bring it on babe in tell you have a closer nuff relationship with a girl so she knows your personality and knows when your joking. As for the constant yearning for a GF. That's normal. But you don't wont to come to full on with any girl you know. There are ways to make it obvious without coming to full on. I would say you need to learn that and you well get a lot further. Also when in a relationship you do not wont to be to controlling. Any self respecting girl would not allow that and qwikly say BYE BYE Am off. Know what I mean.

Hi Drake,

Try to not get too hung up about chat, sometimes it takes a while to fit in, I've really noticed on this forum that it usually takes a connection with other members before things really start to get going.
Lucky that you got a chance to talk to everybody, I can not figure out the time zones and have no idea when everyone else is in there talking. The only thing I don't like about chat rooms is that it's hard to have a real indepth coversation regarding your own circumstances so I guess it's easier to post in the forum instead.

I know how it feels trying to get back with your ex ........ I'm the one who split up with mine after ten years then moved to another country it wasn't till I sobered up that I realised that I missed seeing the really good side of my ex partner ........ I tried to convince him to take me back, it was working for a while then fell flat on it's face, so now we're just good friends.

Minus said:
Hi Drake

Sounds like a quiet night. From what i can see sometimes the chat is pretty empty. I don't know anything about it cuz it is to complicated for me.:)

It does sound like you are kinda working on things and something could come of it. At least you aren't buried in a total wilderness. I hope it all works out for you.

yeah, it was just a bad feeling at the time..thinking someone would be there and finding no one. I appreciate the kind words man.

Bluey said:
You ***** all you wont dude.

Well firstly you say your not anti-social but if your dishing on the ppl you like to do drugs then I would say that is anti-social. So sorry to have to disagree with you there. Ask your self why you do drugs? You know that you well get nothing good out of life from taking any drugs. The only time drugs are good and that's if you need pain relief.

I would say that you come across from your post there to be a little controlling of what ever girl your with. WHY? I mean you do realise that the moor controlling of a girl you are the moor likely that girl is going to go and get someone else and not wont to be with you.

If your coming accrues to strong then that well scare them off. You need to be moor relaxed about things I would say. You can not just start coming on to a girl with out first getting to know them. That well just make them think your only after the one thing. I mean its obvious to me from your post that your not just after the one thing and that your after a relationship but it takes time to get to that point you know. You can not just start acting all bring it on babe in tell you have a closer nuff relationship with a girl so she knows your personality and knows when your joking. As for the constant yearning for a GF. That's normal. But you don't wont to come to full on with any girl you know. There are ways to make it obvious without coming to full on. I would say you need to learn that and you well get a lot further. Also when in a relationship you do not wont to be to controlling. Any self respecting girl would not allow that and qwikly say BYE BYE Am off. Know what I mean.

Yeah I was ditching them because I wanted to stay away from drugs. I've been clean for 2 years now, I aplogize I didn't make that clearer. Maybe you're right though, there was many times I turned down offers from them to hang out in denial that they have changed.

I do realize that man, I just can't seem to find another one so I can try to act differently..I was really only controlling with her.

I completely agree with everything in that last paragraph lol. thanks a lot man.

Hey drake, dont worry too much about the chat room , i think ur fitting in just fine. Dont sweat it

Drake said:
I do realize that man, I just can't seem to find another one so I can try to act differently..I was really only controlling with her.

Give it some time and keep making the small talk with the girls and hopefully you and one of them might fall for each other.

Every one deserves a second chance. We learn by making mistakes :)

I would say that the chat room here would be a good place to learn :)
After all if your to intimidating in there your going to fined out fast as one of the mods well be boned to have a word in ye ear ;)

Learning can be a bumpy ride. I think by what you post here might make other ppl moor understanding of you.

Personally I think your just a lad that needs a girl and well you get like a look of guys get and that's a need for girls company. You just have to approach that in the right way. Know what I mean me old mucker ;)

I think you are probably the sort of guy that would have no problems in going up to any girl in a club and start talking tho. That would make a lot of guys here envies of you.

Bottom line is that your a nice guy you just need that to show fro.

The way you describe yourself from your past means that it may take a while for people to trust you. It may take a while for this girl to see who you are to realise that you have changed...you have grown into a person that she wants to be with...but unfortunately you need to prove to everyone that this is the case. There are always going to be those people who will criticise and accuse...they are the ones you distance yourself from...which you have. The problem is you can never make up someones mind for them.

Occasionally you have to let the ones you love go. If it is meant to be then they will come back.

She is coming back on Sunday. Tell her how you feel and explain how you've changed...then let her make her own mind up. You have a chance here and I think you know it.

I agree with Bluey about the chatroom...being someone who finds it fairly intimidating at times you just have to approach it calmly and consider the needs of others...they will do the same for you.

Hope Sunday goes well for you

Latest posts

Back