How Picky Are You?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funkymonkey said:
Tiger lily said:
I've tryed getting to know someone more and I just feel so bad on the person for not liking them enough, I cant lead a guy on who I don't admire , that is unfair on the man.

Well that's fair enough.

I'm just thinking you read of so many people who look for a wife/husband and say he must have £1,000,000 look like a film star, drive a ferrari...or she must look like a model, be a perfect 10, able to have constant sex and cook dinner at the same time and all that etc...:D joking but true.. you know what I mean?

And all the while they are just getting older and lonelier themselves

No, No this is not me at all. I am not looking for stuff like this in someone at all, Im a girl btw. I'm not interetsed in money or status, I am interested in someone with similiar interests to me, same out look in life and also a happy outlook on life (I never meet people on these counts) Ive been asked out by successful men, or good looking men, Ive not been interested in either, the last person I liked had none of these but I found him to be very special just for being him. So I guese I am picky but in a none materialistic way, I truely wish I wasn't like this because I am very lonely.

Tiger lily said:
No, No this is not me at all. I am not looking for stuff like this in someone at all, Im a girl btw. I'm not interetsed in money or status, I am interested in someone with similiar interests to me, same out look in life and also a happy outlook on life (I never meet people on these counts) Ive been asked out by successful men, or good looking men, Ive not been interested in either, the last person I liked had none of these but I found him to be very special just for being him. So I guese I am picky but in a none materialistic way, I truely wish I wasn't like this because I am very lonely.

You sound much like me actually, I'm not that bothered about money or stuff, as its all quite ephemeral. I have to like the person themselves not what they show off!

My last gf, when I met her I thought she was of a similar mindset to my own and so she seemed to be, but as it turned out she was just a very self obsessed person. :(

I personally think that.. You are what you are and that is how you are meant to be.

I hope you can meet someone, to quote a famous Vampire..
"The absence of love is the most abject pain"

funkymonkey said:
Tiger lily said:

You sound much like me actually, I'm not that bothered about money or stuff, as its all quite ephemeral. I have to like the person themselves not what they show off!

My last gf, when I met her I thought she was of a similar mindset to my own and so she seemed to be, but as it turned out she was just a very self obsessed person. :(

I personally think that.. You are what you are and that is how you are meant to be.

I hope you can meet someone, to quote a famous Vampire..
"The absence of love is the most abject pain"

Hm I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the next girl you meet will be nicer. I'm sure my mindset will be when I find that special person that they will have been worth the long wait.

Hm I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the next girl you meet will be nicer. I'm sure my mindset will be when I find that special person that they will have been worth the long wait.
[/quote]

Yeah I hope so too..:) You have to keep on moving or you stay in the same place don't you!

There are Billions of people on this planet, one of them is perfect for you and one of them is perfect for me also..
And in the meanwhile the ones who are not perfect can be good enough too ;)

funkymonkey said:

Yeah I hope so too..:) You have to keep on moving or you stay in the same place don't you!

There are Billions of people on this planet, one of them is perfect for you and one of them is perfect for me also..
And in the meanwhile the ones who are not perfect can be good enough too ;)

[/quote]

yea think I have to learn to start take risks at some point. Its just when I am aware or think I am aware the relationship will not work, to follow through then end up breaking up I'd feel quite guilty for, as if I knew all along.

Interesting conversation to say the least. Now back to the topic...how picky am I?
I'm very picky. Over everything. People. Life in general. That's most likely one of the reasons why I'm lonely. Of course it would be rather easy to develop a meaningless friendship with someone only that seems worse than being alone. The only thing I want in a relationship is intimacy, a feeling of connection, contrary to it being the thing that scares me, it's what I want. Afterall the search for happiness and love is the pain. BTW I'm a shemale, how twisted is that?? Actually scratch that pretend you never cyber heard a word. True blessings to you all! I did it again...
Darn. Everyone uses sarcasm as a shield. Pity me. Anyone have a pity/party hat?

Latest posts

Back