I am a man and a loner, do I have any hope?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need height, good looks or friends to attract girls. If you think you can't attract girls without those things, you're just making excuses. You said most guys meet girls through mutual friends or at bars. Just go to bars by yourself. I've done it before, most girls don't even care if you're there by yourself.

What does it achieve asking questions like this anyway? If we all said you do have to be tall and have lots of friends to attract girls (which you don't), what would you do then? Just give up and be lonely the rest of your life?

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I've learnt enough about this to know that kind mindset isn't going to help you at all. There's no reason why you or any other guy on here can't attract girls, you just need to have the right mindset and get some experience.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I do agree that a lot of girls tend to judge you on how many friends you have. If you don't have a lot, you are creepy.

Uh.. I don't know how many is "a lot of girls" but I sure don't think guys who don't have many friends are creepy at all. How can you judge someone like that? Maybe some girls do think like this... but a lot? I don't know.

EveWasFramed said:
I have to say....it has NEVER crossed my mind, even ONCE to question how many friends a guy has as some sort of criteria.
Id be curious to see what some of the other females here on the site have to say on the subject.

Never once crossed my mind either.

bender22 said:
You don't need height, good looks or friends to attract girls. If you think you can't attract girls without those things, you're just making excuses. You said most guys meet girls through mutual friends or at bars. Just go to bars by yourself. I've done it before, most girls don't even care if you're there by yourself.

What does it achieve asking questions like this anyway? If we all said you do have to be tall and have lots of friends to attract girls (which you don't), what would you do then? Just give up and be lonely the rest of your life?

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I've learnt enough about this to know that kind mindset isn't going to help you at all. There's no reason why you or any other guy on here can't attract girls, you just need to have the right mindset and get some experience.

+1

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I do agree that a lot of girls tend to judge you on how many friends you have. If you don't have a lot, you are creepy.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Well, they expect that a guy has to have a social life, other than her.

I must say it is refreshing seeing an honest woman. Women don't lie about these things with purpose, I think they are fooling themselves too. I personally think women like LMS (Looks, Money, Status). Looks does not mean Brad Pitt, it means being tall enough and having enough hair on the head and so on. And status does not have to mean being a doctor, but things like enough social status so you're not a complete "loser." Psycopaths, real ones, usually have friends. Loners just have a low social position.

Sometimes I wish I was a girl or a gay man...Then I could get laid when I wanted.

bender22 said:

You're not being harsh, you're just being ignorant.

Maybe being short, ugly and broke isn't the problem. Maybe it's your attitude. Let me give you an example:

Vladimir Putin said:
Sometimes I wish I was a girl or a gay man...Then I could get laid when I wanted.

I'm going to put this as politely as I can: What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you not get how idiotic and offensive that statement is? You say bullshit like that and you wonder why no woman wants you? Grow the hell up.

I'd love to hang out and tell you the many reasons why what you posted is stupid, but I have a date soon that I need to get ready for. I don't have a date because I'm rich, handsome or popular. I am none of those things. I have a date because I don't sit around making lame excuses and offensive statements.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll need it.

Vladimir Putin said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Well, they expect that a guy has to have a social life, other than her.

I must say it is refreshing seeing an honest woman.

LeaningIntoTheMuse is a man. :p

Hit the gym, and everything else will fall into place confidence wise. It's what worked for me at least. Obviously, I'm not completely there yet, but fitness is the key to the lock on the door leading out of the house and into....well, like I said, I'm not there yet.

Pooty-poot is seeing things in a more black-and-white way than even me, possibly.

I used to think in black-and-white too, and sometimes I still do as might be evident from some posts, but I've often heard it is improper and even unhealthy to think that way.

Wow there are some uncalled for statements in this thread. Just a reminder but gender bashing is not allowed. No name calling either.

Hey, I'm not Avril Lavigne. Just for the record.

Although I do play guitar. I'm a bit more hairy, though.

[/quote]

[/quote]
How so?

The only reason a lack of looks, money and status would stop you from getting girls is if you base all your self worth on looks, money and status.

I've seen enough guys without looks, money or status attract very attractive women because they believe they are enough even without those things.

[/quote]
How so?

The only reason a lack of looks, money and status would stop you from getting girls is if you base all your self worth on looks, money and status.

I've seen enough guys without looks, money or status attract very attractive women because they believe they are enough even without those things.
[/quote]
That's my downfall, I honestly think a woman would be settling if she stuck with me.

Latest posts

Back