I can expose an affair. Should I?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wolvesjr said:
You also need to think about the fallout from exposing the affair. Are there any children that would be hurt? What about any spouses of those involved? Would it devastate them or would it make them want to reach out and hurt someone as a result? Did the two involved end things for the right reason or not?

These are things you need to think about before you act.

I don't have to think about jack honeysuckle. In the end one of these affairs doesn't involve me. As for the one that does involve me, payback's a mother.

Jafo said:
wolvesjr said:
You also need to think about the fallout from exposing the affair. Are there any children that would be hurt? What about any spouses of those involved? Would it devastate them or would it make them want to reach out and hurt someone as a result? Did the two involved end things for the right reason or not?

These are things you need to think about before you act.

I don't have to think about jack honeysuckle. In the end one of these affairs doesn't involve me. As for the one that does involve me, payback's a mother.

So when do you plan on carrying your schemes out?

I don't really understand the point of revenge. (yes, I have in the past wanted and "got" revenge) It's pointless, it does nothing. It doesn't make you happy in the end, it doesn't change whatever happened that makes you want revenge. Revenge, IMO is childish.

But, to each their own. You enjoy being judge and jury and hurting other people...

Jafo, you seem to enjoy hostility and your choice of avatar is downright menacing.

If that's really you and not just a tough guy wannabe fantasy, I'd say that it's smart for other people to be a little afraid.

Congratulations.

reynard_muldrake said:
So... what was the outcome of this?

Of course everyone showered him with love and praise and leprechaun gold in amazement and wonder at his selfless deed, and they all lived happily ever after.

The end.

constant stranger said:
Jafo, you seem to enjoy hostility and your choice of avatar is downright menacing.

If that's really you and not just a tough guy wannabe fantasy, I'd say that it's smart for other people to be a little afraid.

Congratulations.

Thanks.

Don't waste any words do you?

So what scenario is at the end of your journey? Gonna take out the ******** with an AK-47? Or just spit poison at them?

I would expose the affair.

Being cheated on sucks, but being lied to for years is quite a different matter.

If people want to be cheated on, yes. Be politically correct and encourage lies and deception.

TropicalStarfish said:
A truth told with the intent to cause harm is equal to or worse than a lie born from malice...

I get this, but at the same time. If you want society to be a place where people are held accountable to their promises, it's IMO your duty to tell.

Of course there will be exceptions, where exposing an affair could have catastrophic consequences. Or if the affair is not at all representative for the relationship otherwise. People make mistakes.

But in 2 of 3 cases or so, I think it'd be just to expose the affair.

Well, I wouldn't be too cocksure about how you think "exposing" someone will play out. Things often don't play out as you think they will. You don't really know how anyone is going to react. And, you could wind up being painted as a bad person or something by divulging gossip. It is never as cut and dry as you think and the cascade of events that you predict may or may not happen.

Better stay away from "exposing" other people affairs, that can't bring you anything good.

smarty24 said:
Better stay away from "exposing" other people affairs, that can't bring you anything good.

Too late for that. And I'm doing just fine.

Jafo said:
I have the means and information to expose several affairs. One I was involved in a few years ago and several my former best friend was involved in. has anyone ever exposed an affair? I must admit having the power to destroy someone emotionally is a rush for me.

Yes, if you know that that person very well( personally)and that person is being cheated on by their partner in that case you can go ahead and expose it. However if it's for your personal satisfaction/happiness and not with an intention to help someone, then it's not a good idea to do it.

Of course its your choice eventually.

That'd be fun. Ftw do it.

It doesn't matter why you do it. The reason doesn't matter. Doing the same thing for different reasons doesn't make it more or less evil.

Latest posts

Back