I made this today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautiful loser

Reaction score
I made this ring out of a U.S. Half Dollar. Took about three hours to make it.

2qsm0r4.jpg

hv44l2.jpg

That looks great. I've got some old US dollar and half dollar coins, I might give it a go myself sometime.

Thank you, everyone.

Wormy, you have to do a lot of hammering. Hold the coin on top of a steel/metal surface and start hammering, all the while you are constantly turning the coin so you don't make a flat side.

Once you get the desired width, drill a hole and then use a dremel with a sanding disc to take out as much of the inside till it fits your finger. Then, add a polishing wheel to the dremel and give it a good shine. The end.

this is beautiful, and also very mysterious to me, as it is not evident how hammering turns a coin into a ring

That's awesome. Makes me want to order a custom ring from you. That's a unique item to have.

Thank you guys...never thought I'd have that many people send such nice comments. Thanks again.

VC - what is your ring size? I have a silver quarter that I started a few weeks ago and got sidetracked...it might be big enough to work.

beautiful loser said:
Thank you guys...never thought I'd have that many people send such nice comments. Thanks again.

VC - what is your ring size? I have a silver quarter that I started a few weeks ago and got sidetracked...it might be big enough to work.

My ring size is just like my shoe size. I don't know it, and it changes every time I check.

Hi DD, I just started making one out of a deutsche mark coin, so will take some pics and post them in a few days. Not really working on this one as urgently as I have too many projects going on at once. But, will get a few pics of this one.

Latest posts

Back