I WILL LOSE WEIGHT

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hearmenow2012

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have been hovering around this forum for a while now checking out different topics and I thought that it was about time that I created a user so that I can post on here as well.

First I thought that I'd like to start a topic about my weight as I have always been a big guy and I don't like what I see in the mirror, however I do not avoid mirrors or having photographs taken because there are times when I think that I look alright. I have always enjoyed food too much and that has enabled my weight to spiral out of of control which is why I have decided to go on a diet before it is too late. I have successfully been on a diet for 5 weeks now :) Last week I also joined my local leisure centre so that I could go swimming and use their gym more which is one of the best things that I've ever done.

If you are like me and unhappy about your weight then I advise you to find some way to exercise and eat sensibly so that you can lose weight like I have been. It also beats hanging round the house not really doing a lot and thinking negatively (It really does clear your head and make you feel better) I am also not the most confident person so I am doing it for myself but I am also hoping at some point that I will attract some positive attention from women. ( I am mostly doing it for myself)

I will keep you all updated on how I do

You owe it to yourself. So far I have lost one stone and a half :) I hope that I have not rambled too much

I've dropped about 100 lbs (7.14 stone) in the past 18 months. I still have a ways to go, but I feel SO much better and haven't been this active since I was in college. I'm hiking/walking at least 15 miles a week and have also started the Couch25k program to prepare for the Color Run in March. I've also been on Weight Watchers and have improved my eating habits tremendously. I nwo substitute a green smoothie for breakfast:

56g Spinach/Kale/Arugula (Alternate the dark greens)
14g Cacao Nibs
14g Goji Berries
14g Flax Seed
1tsp Turmeric
1 cinnamon stick
1 cube frozen wheatgrass extract
1.5c Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1c mixed berries
1c strawberries
1 Banana

One of these every morning has made a noticeable improvement on my energy during the day.

I, too, am doing it for myself. However, I'm not going to turn down any flirts from when when I get down to a more socially acceptable weight.

Good for you! I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this!!

Eggs. Seriously. Eat a few eggs and drink a protein shake in the morning and you will have energy and wont feel hungry until dinner time. It's crazy. At least that's what is working for me =P

That's really the only change I've made. I try to eat healthier meals a few nights a week and don't go overboard on really bad food. Pretty much just like you just said in "eat sensibly". Lost 40 pounds since July by basically just eating that for breakfast.

You are doing a lot more than I am so hopefully you get to where you want a lot faster.

What kind of dieting are you doing?

kamya said:
Eggs. Seriously. Eat a few eggs and drink a protein shake in the morning and you will have energy and wont feel hungry until dinner time. It's crazy. At least that's what is working for me =P

That's really the only change I've made. I try to eat healthier meals a few nights a week and don't go overboard on really bad food. Pretty much just like you just said in "eat sensibly". Lost 40 pounds since July by basically just eating that for breakfast.

You are doing a lot more than I am so hopefully you get to where you want a lot faster.

What kind of dieting are you doing?

I am on a slim fast diet where I'll have breakfast (usually toast using brown bread, Special K or Bran Flakes. I'll then either have a Slim Fast shake or a sensible meal. For my tea it'll be the former or the latter depending on what I've had for dinner. I also eat as much fruit and vegetables as I can and I don't drink alcohol or cola any more. I have also started making smoothies. I've started going to the gym and swimming as often as I can for as long as I can. I will also usually have a treat every other Tuesday after a week of eating well.

Hearmenow2012 said:
Hello Everyone, I have been hovering around this forum for a while now checking out different topics and I thought that it was about time that I created a user so that I can post on here as well.

First I thought that I'd like to start a topic about my weight as I have always been a big guy and I don't like what I see in the mirror, however I do not avoid mirrors or having photographs taken because there are times when I think that I look alright. I have always enjoyed food too much and that has enabled my weight to spiral out of of control which is why I have decided to go on a diet before it is too late. I have successfully been on a diet for 5 weeks now :) Last week I also joined my local leisure centre so that I could go swimming and use their gym more which is one of the best things that I've ever done.

If you are like me and unhappy about your weight then I advise you to find some way to exercise and eat sensibly so that you can lose weight like I have been. It also beats hanging round the house not really doing a lot and thinking negatively (It really does clear your head and make you feel better) I am also not the most confident person so I am doing it for myself but I am also hoping at some point that I will attract some positive attention from women. ( I am mostly doing it for myself)

I will keep you all updated on how I do

You owe it to yourself. So far I have lost one stone and a half :) I hope that I have not rambled too much

Keep it up man. Remember, one day at a time, each day is a victory.

If anyone wants to lose weight, I'm going to say a few things that I've learned about it. About a month ago I finished my weight-loss, I lost 30 percent of body weight and it took 3 years.

* Most people who start to lose weight will not reach their goal weight (only about 1/6th reach it)
* About 80 percent of losing weight is in your head, in other words, you need to reprogram the way you think about food
* That reprogramming takes at least a year in my experience
* You don't need to exercise to lose weight, but if you do it, it can speed things up
* Weight loss is psychologically draining for a multitude of reasons, hence the high failure rate
* Some people won't want you to lose weight, and it's easier to lose weight if you're single

If anyone really wants to put in the effort to succeed, I'd suggest that they start their own weight loss blog, it can help.

40somethingguy said:
If anyone really wants to put in the effort to succeed, I'd suggest that they start their own weight loss blog, it can help.

I thought about doing that, but I'm not exactly a creative writer so it would probably be boring. Plus would anyone really read it? Doubtful.

40somethingguy said:
* About 80 percent of losing weight is in your head, in other words, you need to reprogram the way you think about food

This. I too have lost about 30% of my body mass and this is the absolute key I think.

I was so unhappy being overweight after a while that it kind of drove me to become almost fanatical about working out to get rid of it - and that was why ultimately I was able to just keep at it for over a year.

I cut out junk food (though I still enjoy the occasional big meal or unhealthy snack), slowly stopped eating unneccessarily and made sure any snacks I ate were healthier varieties.

All the exercise I started doing sped up my metabolism and helped to reduce skin stretching through muscle gain (though my lower stomach is still a work in progress even to this day :shy: )

If you have serious dedication, you can do practically anything. You just need to tell yourself: "I want to look/feel good. I want to live longer. I want to really change myself, and I'll work for that every day."

Best of luck to anyone going for weight loss :)

Just so that all of you know I am still going strong with my diet and exercise regime :D
I would also like to bring life back to this topic ;)

Latest posts

Back