Ideal date, yet I feel horrible!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be considered rude, yeah, but some people think it's best not to say anything at all for some reason. We don't know her reasoning.

I don't know how much this applies, but sometimes I take a while to reply back to people that I am interested in continuing to talk to. I worry that I come off as rude, but because I've made so many mistakes in talking to people over the years, it's made me overly cautious. I feel like it's better for me to say nothing than to say something stupid, or to say something and then realize I could have said something better if I waited until I was in a more prepared and talkative mood.

Might have helped if you had seeded future plans at a high point during the date rather than waiting right until the end. Also she may have been disappointed that you had such a good date but you didn't make a move on her physically. Wouldn't have hurt to at least have gone for a kiss. Something to keep in mind for next time.

bender22 said:
Wouldn't have hurt to at least have gone for a kiss. Something to keep in mind for next time.

Ha, this is probably true. I've never had a "proper" romantic kiss, so I literally have no idea when to go for it. Plus the hugs I did go for were oddly rushed. Fail :rolleyes2:

I'm going to hold out (there's no one else in my life right now anyway!) but I imagine it's probably game over. It's all good, though :cool:

If you don't get anywhere with her, take the pride from having a good date and move on to the next person.

Latest posts

Back