Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this thread should be recalled in "I never had a girlfriend in my life. Am i doomed ?"
or maybe "I never had a girlfriend" yup that would be more simple.

Im 20 and never had a GF either....

The first girl i asked(I was 17) said NO, flat out....

the second girl had a bf that I didnt know about, so lonely as I was, I stopped that relationship before it ever started

the third girl said NO flat out.... something about talking to another guy(nineteen by then)

the fourth girl, which I SPENT THE ENTIRE SUMMER 'talking' to, ended up having a boyfriend.....(and twenty.)

With me though, its really stupid, you see, I'm NOT shy. Im not 'unattractive' either, hell, six foot 2 muscular, the whole light colored curly hair deal..... I just never did the right thing. I blame my upbringing. My folks never gave me any idea what to do to have friends, let alone a gf.... AND I live on a farm..... To hell with it, next hot chick I see im asking out to dance, and if she says no, Ill ask the next and the next.... until I gots a gf. then I'll dump her and do it again!!!! BWUAHAHAHAHA:club:

Hey there Lonely Boy,
My Brother was just like you.....he is the most decent guy out there and suffered for years, and so did I. I went to prom by myself, was NEVER asked out all thru High school, thought there was something hideous about me....had a complex over it....took me year to overcome it.
Turns out it was not me it was everyone else.....
It takes time to find someone who is the right fit and the right person for you. First of all quit letting it get you down, because it shows through. Put your confidnce in yourself into yourself and others will see it. Find those things about yourself. My brother found a wonderful girl after years of no girlfriend or the girls that said oh I just wanna be friends, and you know what she is the best girl he could have EVER asked for and she loves him soooo much it was totally worth the wait, he married her last year and they are so happy now that you can see it in every picture I see of them, that i makes me want to cry to know that he has found that person after so much pain and agony. He let go of the feelings of not being worthy and not being good enough and it came to him. Love is hiding in the places you would never look.
I was 19 and never been asked out never had a boyfriend and never even been kissed.....so if there is hope for me there is hope for you! Keep your chin up and smile! :D

I am 25. Never been in any relationship. Being a Geek is really rough. I was trying really hard at some point in life and then gave up. At the moment I am trying to get over it and finally get use to the sheer fact that there is long, sand, painful and lonely life ahead of me. And then I die :) honeysuckle happens, that's life...

Anyway, I believe that you will eventually find somebody who certainly will take care about you. Give yourself some time. Don't despair! It will be all right... you shall see.

KW

I reached 24 or 25 without getting any too. But finally I got lucky. There is still hope, don't give up yet.

24, never had one and I ******* don't care ! I miss my cat so much though.

There are a lot of people who don't have relationships until they're mid twenties.I had my first proper relationship when I was 23.I went out with somebody when I was 18 but never felt comfortable enoguh to sleep with him.So when I finished that relationship and got into my next one,I lost my virginity and started my first proper relationship.I believe the right one will come along.It's not about age.It's just about being happy with who you are.I'm not happy with who I am and that's something I'm finally starting to try and change.You can't ever be truly happy with someone if you really don't like yourself.

ledchick said:
Hey there Lonely Boy,
My Brother was just like you.....he is the most decent guy out there and suffered for years, and so did I. I went to prom by myself, was NEVER asked out all thru High school, thought there was something hideous about me....had a complex over it....took me year to overcome it.
Turns out it was not me it was everyone else.....
It takes time to find someone who is the right fit and the right person for you. First of all quit letting it get you down, because it shows through. Put your confidnce in yourself into yourself and others will see it. Find those things about yourself. My brother found a wonderful girl after years of no girlfriend or the girls that said oh I just wanna be friends, and you know what she is the best girl he could have EVER asked for and she loves him soooo much it was totally worth the wait, he married her last year and they are so happy now that you can see it in every picture I see of them, that i makes me want to cry to know that he has found that person after so much pain and agony. He let go of the feelings of not being worthy and not being good enough and it came to him. Love is hiding in the places you would never look.
I was 19 and never been asked out never had a boyfriend and never even been kissed.....so if there is hope for me there is hope for you! Keep your chin up and smile! :D

Now see, thats just dumb. Not your post, the fact you havnt had a bf... you look like good looking gal. I've NEVER EVER met a girl who hadnt had a bf before. And also, I DONT want to wait to find the perfect one to marry, i wanna experience life. By the way, I did what I said, asked the hottest girl in my psych class to dance, and she said yes, but never even looked in my eyes. what the hell? But it was much better like this than 'getting to know her' first. At least I didnt have to invest any time into whats probably gonna go nowhere.

thanks for the chin up too, but I dont really need it. Ive never seen at as me not being good enough, but as chicks being crazy:p

I'm also twenty and still haven't had a girlfriend. And although its hard not to feel like honeysuckle, i still manage somehow to keep my head up sometimes. Best of luck to all of us out there who have never been in a relationship

Bluey said:
I did have a GF @ 17 for 9 months & then again @ 18 for another 9 months then I had to go into hospital for major surgery and I have never had a GF sens are a job and am now 33 next month. Oh I did have a 3 month fling about two years ago but that was never going to work out as she always had difficulty in not dating other lads, So basically I have been alone all my adult life. Nearly 15 years. And its @ this time of the year when it really dose suck like donkey dick :(

Plies GOD if you are really there this is the time for miracles ,,, Give me one cos I truly do deserve it.... ps a nice one not one of them messed up honeysuckle ones that you dis out.

Every one can dream I Guss,, My dream is I meat a girl and fall in love and we have the best love there ever was. And she stays faithfull :) cos its a problem it seams in to days world. Its like am the only one I know sometimes that has any morals at all.

Your not alone.Or should I say we're not alone.I'm 17 and never had a GF.
Having any morals seems to be akin to a death sentence.

Bluey said:
kelthuzad said:
Bluey, i dare say it turned out to be a positive experience for you in the end.
good thing you had the courage to ask, usually it's the most difficult step. I know for me it is.

It is for me the most difficult step as well. I was 15 at the time and it was not a positive experience as it was one of the first times I have offered to buy a girl a drink. It took a lot of confidence away from me. When I left school at 16 I did work with a lot of girls and got back all my confidence and a hole lot moor. I did have moor then my fair share of luck with girls back then tell I had to leave that job to go into hospital at 18 and Ive not really had a GF since. So at least I had a good two years lol

But asking should not be difficult. The worst thing that can happen is she says no and you make her feel good cos someone liked her. I mean even if a girl asked you out that you did not like in that way you would still be flattered by it no doubt.

I'm sorry about the girl and thanks for shareing the story.I think why it's hard to ask for a lot of us(maybe not you in particular but you get my point)is that we already feel so bad about our selves and maybe our pride is the last crown we wear when we feel we have nothing or little left.Any other guys feel like that?

wow, old thread but i see people are still posting so i'll contribute too...

i'm 24, never had a GF. for me, it's reeeeeeally bad, it's something that tears me apart. (well, not the fact that i never had a GF itself, but the fact that i've always been alone and the girls i loved didn't love me in return)

had one relationship when i was in 9th grade. no sex...was too young. i'll be in the over 20 range for 10 years at which point i will be in the over 30 range.

has anyone made any progress since their posts?

this is a really old thread but since the last post is still relatively new i will contribute
i am 20 and never had a girlfriend. about 2 years ago i met a girl at work who just started at the time. at first i thought nothing of her, she was just another pretty face. however, i started to get to know her and we really had a lot in common. later i concluded that she's the girl i have always dreamed of. however, the time that we met she just started a relationship with this guy and he has been the topic of countless conversations. we were really good friends still, to a point where some of my friends and even her friends thought we were dating. she ended up breaking up with that other guy just recently and i saw this as an opportunity to make a move. just when i was about to do so she started dating another guy. timing seems to be a major issue in my life. i always sit and wonder what would have happened if i made my move just a day earlier...

just to give you guys a bit of hope, I'm 25 and had never had a girlfriend or even any female friends whatsoever. Then 3 months ago, I met a girl, had my first kiss and lost my virginity in the same night and I'm currently really enjoying our relationship and having the time of my life. My point is that, if anyone would have told me a few months ago that this would happen, I wouldn't have believed it for a second.

I know it sounds a bit patronising but, theres always hope. There might be a girl waiting around the corner for amazing guys like us! you just cant see them yet!

JustJones said:
just to give you guys a bit of hope, I'm 25 and had never had a girlfriend or even any female friends whatsoever. Then 3 months ago, I met a girl, had my first kiss and lost my virginity in the same night and I'm currently really enjoying our relationship and having the time of my life. My point is that, if anyone would have told me a few months ago that this would happen, I wouldn't have believed it for a second.

I know it sounds a bit patronising but, theres always hope. There might be a girl waiting around the corner for amazing guys like us! you just cant see them yet!

Wow thanks for sharing JustJones! This does give me a bit of hope. I'm only 22, but I feel like I've already given up. It all just seems to daunting. There's so much I just don't understand, but I am hoping one day I'll meet someone. :)

RoflLoller said:
this is a really old thread but since the last post is still relatively new i will contribute
i am 20 and never had a girlfriend. about 2 years ago i met a girl at work who just started at the time. at first i thought nothing of her, she was just another pretty face. however, i started to get to know her and we really had a lot in common. later i concluded that she's the girl i have always dreamed of. however, the time that we met she just started a relationship with this guy and he has been the topic of countless conversations. we were really good friends still, to a point where some of my friends and even her friends thought we were dating. she ended up breaking up with that other guy just recently and i saw this as an opportunity to make a move. just when i was about to do so she started dating another guy. timing seems to be a major issue in my life. i always sit and wonder what would have happened if i made my move just a day earlier...
Are you sure she doesn't want to be "just friends"? :|

I'm 20 going on 21, never had a bf.
Well there was this one guy I went out on a date with 2 years ago, uh, he gave me a keychain which said something like "I want to be with you forever" and I freaked out. 19-->forever is a long time and we met like a few months ago at college (sat next to each other in the lab) and knew nothing about each other. I avoided him for a few months after that... awkward.

Hi Lonely Boy from OZ ,

Well buddy, Don't hesitate ever in your life as it is not a great deal that you don't have any girl friend. You are smart guy and you will have a beautiful girl in your life . Be passions because god has never left some one empty hands. You will surely enjoy your feelings with a new girl. Without girl friend is better thing because with girl friends we are not free to talk with any one. The security level increases to a new category. God bless you and enjoy your life at extreme points.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back