Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I offered to buy a girl a drink when I was 15 at this club disco thing for the under 18's and she said fresia off am not getting off with no spac. You know I was totally gutted. Luckerly my mate totally ripped into her for me. From then on I did not let ppl like that get to me. There just stupid and the kinder ppl that never do anything with there life. You just got to laugh at them and walk away. Do it in a way that makes them look like a fool. There is a knack to it. The only thing I regret is not throwing my drink of cook all over her. I was to gutted at the time. But hay! They well always be ppl like her in this world. You have to learn to deal with them in a way that makes yourself feel good. And the way would not be to have frown your drink over them but you get me.

Bluey, i dare say it turned out to be a positive experience for you in the end.
good thing you had the courage to ask, usually it's the most difficult step. I know for me it is.

Well...as someone who has been in a relationship, I can tell you that a relationship is not intrinsically good or bad. It's just a situation involving you another a person.

That being said, a lot of relationships are more trouble than they're worth. It's all nice in the beginning when you're one of those cute couples kissing and holding hands but very soon you run into all sorts of problems. And then, even when it's over, if you really felt something for the person, you may be stuck with depression that lasts a long time.

All in all, a relationship is a like having a car. Everybody wants one because it's car. You get in for the first time, freedom in is in the air, and you're speeding down the road in exhiliration. Eventually, the more you drive, bad honeysuckle starts to occur: roadkill. traffic. road rage. fender-benders. then, the car gets old, or you crash it- in either case, it becomes an unusable piece of junk that sits in your driveway and takes up space rusting.

that's how many a relatioshp works- it's all great, then things go awry, and then even when it's over, you're stuck with a whole lot of emotional baggage. y'all should be careful what you wish for.

kelthuzad said:
Bluey, i dare say it turned out to be a positive experience for you in the end.
good thing you had the courage to ask, usually it's the most difficult step. I know for me it is.

It is for me the most difficult step as well. I was 15 at the time and it was not a positive experience as it was one of the first times I have offered to buy a girl a drink. It took a lot of confidence away from me. When I left school at 16 I did work with a lot of girls and got back all my confidence and a hole lot moor. I did have moor then my fair share of luck with girls back then tell I had to leave that job to go into hospital at 18 and Ive not really had a GF since. So at least I had a good two years lol

But asking should not be difficult. The worst thing that can happen is she says no and you make her feel good cos someone liked her. I mean even if a girl asked you out that you did not like in that way you would still be flattered by it no doubt.

I got my first girlfriend at 18, married my 2nd one at 21, been married to her for 22 years and still don't get any (if you know what I mean). You're still young. don't give up yet.

I can understand that feeling. I just graduated this spring, and 90% of everyone I knew moved off to college already while I'm still here.
So I spend my Friday and Saturday nights alone at home. I can't even go see a movie because I don't want to be seen going alone. The last thing I want is a pitty party, especially since no one really cares about me that much.

So with this new development in my life, I myself have wondered 'who would want to go out with a guy who has no friends and no life?'
This is what keeps me awake at night.

nolife4life said:
chris 2, ur just weird LOL.

im 18, no gf, but talking to someone, but...if we do go out...i wonder wat she will think that i dont have friends??

20 and no girlfriend yet. Though, I have some friends who are girls...I should probably be a little more courageous with my wants, especially in this department.

I've had a few girlfriends, but the longest I stayed with one was a little over 3 months.

Thinking about this makes me think that I really never had a true girlfriend in my life. I mean, when things finished, it was like I didn't even exist to them anymore. I don't know how you can like someone and then move on with your life without getting any true closure from someone you spent a lot of time with.

I don't think there is nothing wrong with any of your situations. Just be patient.

Don't EVER act needy, or think she's "the one" right away if you feel so depraved and need a girlfriend BAD. Horrible things happen when you have those type of thoughts in your mind.

You live in a unique situation that should not be looked down upon by anybody.

I'm new to this forum, but I'm also a 21-year-old guy who's never had a girlfriend before. I do think sometimes that it's unhealthy, but sometimes I also think that having no girlfriend isn't so bad. I used to wish for a girlfriend really badly when I was in high school. I still do now, but not as much as I used to. I think I'm really bad at making girls like me. I mean, I can talk to them, but I always end up getting stuck in the "friends zone". There are very few girls who've liked me, but I rejected them all because they "don't meet my standards". I guess I just have really high standards, and that's probably bad.

i also one of poor guy like u
i am 26 still dont have girlfriend even to talk forget about dating
i know frustating
but i am used to such filling

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Well... I didn't want to be into the whole feeling sorry for myself thing again, but maybe I need to express this.

I am 20 yrs old and I have never had a girlfriend. Most women on this planet seem to dislike me :(. I have experienced cruelty from women since grade school and it still happens occasionally... mostly in comes in rude remarks or basic body language.

I'm a shy person, which doesn't help and I have no luck. All my friends, two of which i believe are as shy as I, have had unbelievable luck.. women seemed to come to them. Besides there just doesn't seem to be anybody who is for me out there.

honeysuckle, that ain't nothing. I was 28 before I lost my virginity (unless you count the sexual abuse...) :(

As for girlfriends, it was always "almost". Chased them away by being too needy, looking back. Came close one time as a senior in high school. Probably not approved b/c from wrong side of tracks...

Then there were always those attached to others.

Then the married women stage. No sex, just <smooch> <smooch>.

Finally, a girl 10 years my junior (just 18) rescues me. Now, if I can just keep her mine...

Wow this thread is old, but still going strong. I think I reply on here before, but anyway here my new input.

Never had a gf and never will:(

Chris 2 said:
Wow this thread is old, but still going strong. I think I reply on here before, but anyway here my new input.

Me neither.

Just kidding. Once you are out of high school/College, girls will probably begin to want to settle down with someone mature and serious, i.e. husband material, not the fast food boyfriends who they've been dating throughout College. Hopefully they will realise that jocks cannot support them or their family one day, and they will settle down with men who actually took proper degrees, and who didn't get into College just because they can kick a ******* ball a bit further than anyone else. I used to believe the same thing that you just said, but we are both still young, and there will probably be plenty of opportunities in the future. Probably.

Caesium said:
Chris 2 said:

Me neither.

Just kidding. Once you are out of high school/College, girls will probably begin to want to settle down with someone mature and serious, i.e. husband material, not the fast food boyfriends who they've been dating throughout College. Hopefully they will realise that jocks cannot support them or their family one day, and they will settle down with men who actually took proper degrees, and who didn't get into College just because they can kick a ******* ball a bit further than anyone else. I used to believe the same thing that you just said, but we are both still young, and there will probably be plenty of opportunities in the future. Probably.

Everything in your post there is why I well never have a girl. I well never have a degree and Ive never been able to kick a football around. Am like always in between. Am not physically fit and am not academically intelligent. What do I have to offer anyone let alone a girl that wants a man to support her and even maybe kids in the future? Well I have me. me is good. Tis all I have so it well have to do. But ye you and Chris have a lot moor to offer and the girls out there, they know it.

lonelyistheworld said:
honeysuckle, that ain't nothing. I was 28 before I lost my virginity (unless you count the sexual abuse...) :(

As for girlfriends, it was always "almost". Chased them away by being too needy, looking back. Came close one time as a senior in high school. Probably not approved b/c from wrong side of tracks...

Then there were always those attached to others.

Then the married women stage. No sex, just <smooch> <smooch>.

Finally, a girl 10 years my junior (just 18) rescues me. Now, if I can just keep her mine...

Is she still around?

Caesium said:
... but we are both still young, and there will probably be plenty of opportunities in the future. Probably.

There sure will be.

Caesium said:
Chris 2 said:

Me neither.

Hey but I want to be those guys that those girls date in college. It like once they have all their fun, when they are all used up, they go and settle with me:club::( this is weird, I need a break, some good H20 should cube things up a bit.

Chris 2 said:
Caesium said:
Chris 2 said:

Me neither.

Hey but I want to be those guys that those girls date in college. It like once they have all their fun, when they are all used up, they go and settle with me:club::( this is weird, I need a break, some good H20 should cube things up a bit.

No, fresia those guys. You want to sacrifice intelligence and maturity for ignorance, stupidity, big muscles, and some quick *******? Fine, go ahead :)

Hey I'm kind of in the ssame boat :], I'm very shy and have confidence issues... leads me to avoid talking to most women except in a business-like setting. I'm nineteen and have had two girlfriends in my life, both away from home and for no longer than a week. I find it important to note that I didn't initiate the relationships either, and both of them seemed clingy and I was irresolute, so things didn't work out. But yea, I'm just kind of observing things right now before jumping in, have done that for quite some time.

Old thread I know, but here's bumping from a 21 year old virgin who has never been kissed by a girl.

Latest posts

Back