Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sign too, I'm 20 years old pathetic guy, had a 2 weeks relationship when I was 15 which I absolutely do not considerto be a girlfriend. At least I got a kiss but well, I'm not gonna find anyone EVER and I know it because that's how it is for me in life. I never meet anyone new, even when trying and/or going out. People just don't give a honeysuckle about me, whatever the reason might be and I'm sick of this

I didn't read every reply, so hopefully no one else mentioned this, but if they did .. I'm sorry I'm not trying to steal your thunder or anything.

Have any of you that havent' dated anyone ever tried an online dating service? Thy have them for practically every type group of people out there, including people who have never been on a date, never had sex, ect.

Online dating offers something that IRL situations don't .. a safetly net, so to speak.

You put your picture up, write a couple paragraphs about who you are and what you are looking for and so does everyone else. Everyone is on the same page.

There is still the chance of rejection .. just it's not "real" rejection like face to face. You send a little "IM" that isn't live .. it's like an e-mail. and that person checks you out and decides if they'd like to contact you back.

You can send out 50 contacts .. and out of those 50, you're bound to get someone answer you back, and if you don't .. wait a week (for more people to sign up) and try it again.

It's also a way to make new friends as well sometimes. You just never know :). Here is one to get you started http://shy.singlescrowd.com/

(sorry in advance, I'm a big time link dropper lol .. I spend WAY more time online than I should .. and can probabaly link you to just about **** near anything you need LOL)

Oh, and NO it's not weird or strange to be single for that long. One of my cousins was 26 before his first date, he's 30 now and has a 2 y old. Another one is 25 and, that I know of, has never been on a date. He will when he's ready.

Anything under 40 is normal, after that though .. well you just need to watch The 40 yr old Virgin ;)

Signed! I just recently turned 22 and I've never been in a relationship, only ever hugged someone of the opposit sex. :p

I have been in love several times though, just never had it returned. Personally, this doesn't bother me THAT much, I definately don't feel ashamed of it.

Sure, sometimes I miss not being really close to anybody, but at the same time I feel like "would I even be able to handle being in a relationship at this time in my life?", and the answer is always "no", but I know that hey, sometime I will be.

I understand that it's probably tougher to deal with for others, and I can only say, don't despair. There are other sides to life than having a girlfriend / boyfriend, don't forget about those. :)

this breaks my heart because i've only had 1 boyfriend in my life and long for love. i didn't get this boyfriend until i was 25 years old and it only lasted 8 months. i 'd like to meet somebody of course but having no luck. i sympathize with u.

This ol' thread is still going? (That's not a good thing...)

I'll be 23 this year, and not a girlfriend in sight. Where are you? Don't make me spend the rest of my life alone =(

It feels more like a distant dream than reality to be honest. Ah yes, having someone to love, to kiss, to hug, to laugh with. I'll keep on dreaming

25 :p
And yes I have tried online dating
Got no replys except from a guy (no I didint sign up under the wrong preference)

I'm gonna have to add myself to the 'never had a girlfriend' list here...every time I look back at this thread its a page or two longer, there's a lot of us out there...I don't let it get to me most of the time, but I admit to getting the odd twinge of jealousy from time to time.

Nah, it's not bad. Don't let it get to you so much.

There's a lot of people who are in their 20's and haven't had a girlfriend. I bet there's some girls who browse this and have never had a boyfriend.

I know how you feel, though. Once in awhile I get that twinge of jealousy also........then I realize the girl is a complete brain dead frat-house toy and giggle to myself a bit. Girls like that get major psychotic problems later on in life. My mom is evidence of this fact.

The best we can do is just be ourselves and don't let the lack of relationship bit bother us. Be yourself and maybe someone will notice you :)

I've never had a gf, or hugged or kissed a girl. But there is still time, I am young :)

i am 26 but still doesnt have any girlfriend
even for talk or chat
interesting na but its frustating
still waiting for partner
hope i will get soon or may not

Bluey said:
what about guys in there 30s? Dose having a GF under the age of 18 count?

Just to make myself clear I did mean when I was under 18 I had a GF not that I now have a GF under 18 lol

I'd assume having a gf/bf under the age of 18 counts. Teenagers have feeling too :p

I was 25 when i had my first girlfriend. You have plenty of time my friend. However, having said that, my advice is to not wait for it. I regret not having the nerve to just try to speak to girls. Many opportunities have been waisted because of my lack of confidence. I`m working on it..... i want you to too!

jasmin said:
I'd assume having a gf/bf under the age of 18 counts. Teenagers have feeling too :p

True, just that I don't count them now as adult relationships.
So Ive never had a GF in my adult life. I think that be the best way of putting what I was trying to get over.

Latest posts

Back