Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rawr! said:
Qui said:
Rawr! said:
Qui said:
You never fail to make me laugh.
You. Truly are gods gift to women.
How else could you make such a shitty situation so hilarious?

You gotta make light of the serious things. Otherwise I'd end up like you miserable cretins.

hope that "you" isn't directed at me...
because, I'm not yet 20, nor am I single.
Nor am I whining about it.

Settle down there, hoss. Just playin' around.

gotcha. jeez, I take these things too seriously.

Qui said:
gotcha. jeez, I take these things too seriously.

Hey. Sarcasm (or satire, for that matter) don't really translate over the interweb so hot, so it's all good. Now find another thread. This one's for perpetually single people. Punk.

I am 21 and I have never had a girlfriend. Personally, I don't think it's such a huge problem at the moment. My belief is that life is all about learning, finding yourself and defining who you are. I feel that I'm still just in the beginning of all this, so I'm certain I will find someone someday. :)

Now, the real problem is having no friends whatsoever. That really makes things alot harder to cope with. :(

im 19 and i have many friends who have had either only one or no girlfriends. it's not as weird as you think.

I don't know if I have reply on here but here goes, so I'm almost 20 and never had a gf either, so your not alone mate!

I hear all of this talk about "waiting" and being "patient". This might be fine for those of you who are barely 20. You've got lots of time.

However, "waiting" and being "patient" could take years...many years. There should be a balance between actively looking for someone and being patient. You can sit around all you like and hope but from what I've discovered, hope doesn't do much for putting someone in my arms. I've had a few girlfriends in the past and not a single one of them just dropped out of the sky into my lap. I had to actually make some sort of effort to get them to notice I existed and was worth the trouble. I suppose if you're rich, famous or look like a male model you don't have to go through the effort, but for those of us who don't live on Fantasy Island it requires a bit more work.

And until such time as I find someone again, I plan to ***** and whine about it. That's just what I enjoy doing. Plus it helps to vent.

This kinda deviates from the topic here but is related...do any of you find that you're not dating anyone because your expectations/attraction factor is really high? Like yesterday, some random girl approached me and started talking. I opened up a little, but I still was pretty reserved. I'm glad to have made a friend, but I wasn't attracted to her even though she was objectively cute. I've never been in a real relationship before (just some unhealthy fake relationships and flings), so I was thinking later on that I was really stupid to put her in the friend zone. But honestly, I couldn't consider her as a girlfriend. What I'm trying to say is, I'm really picky and I don't even have the right to, because the pickings are slim anyway.

20years2many said:
...Like yesterday, some random girl approached me and started talking....

Never happened heh.
Regardless, I imagine that my expectations are pretty high, in the sense that I would need to find the person attractive in some way, and i'm very picky in that department.

kel

p.s. first post, hurray

I'm 25 and never had a girl friend so you are not alone mate. When you get near my age then maybe start considering it being a bad thing!

I'm 23 and never had a bf. Had my first kiss when I was 15, nothing since then. Oh wait, there was this guy once in a bar, asked me if I had any plans later in the night... He was totally drunk, so I wasn't really flattered.

It hurts when you see couples holding hands, hugging or kissing. Every time I'm more convinced that there is something wrong with me... Doesn't really help with my already low confidence.

i've never even been kissed. now THAT's bad!

i think its hard for guys who aren't outgoing, because the man is traditionally the one who initiates things and chats up the girl, so if you dont speak to girls, they're generally not going to come looking for you.

OK checks both your agers :D yep your both older nuff to be kissed by me :D just tell me where you all live and all go an a kissing marathon :cool: lol OK I joke of course.

I agree with you Helen and I could of been that drunk guy that asked LilyS. I think there is a fine line between having a drink for a bit of dutch courage and being totally legless. I mean that guy could of been totally sweet and perfect for you. But I if I had been you would not have entertained him in that stat ether. Dose not say a lot about a person if there that drunk.

Your are both quite young still. Give it time and am sure it well happen when it time to happen. I think you both are the sort of girls that when you meat the guy you wont to snog then that well also be the guy that you well wont to spent the rest of your life's with. In other words you are very nice girls and the sort of girls that a guy like me would love to settle down with and take home to meet mum and dad. Someone that i could trust not some slapper. If I got with a girl and she told me that she had never kissed a guy and I was the fist I would be totally flatted. really I would. In fact would probably be singing from the hill tops.

i'm glad you say that bluey. i was always scared that if i told someone that they'd think i was a freak (if they didnt already of course!!). are you sure you're not just saying that to get a kiss? :D

lol :D Am sure, But if your offering then am defiantly not going to say no :shy: *xxx* ;) Now that I think you would have to agree that was pretty smooth :cool: lol

Seriously tho I would not look at you as a freak if a girl told me that. I think if anything it would make me feel a lot moor relax about things.

helen said:

i think its hard for guys who aren't outgoing, because the man is traditionally the one who initiates things and chats up the girl, so if you dont speak to girls, they're generally not going to come looking for you.

for a boy, there is also the matter of being afraid that if you uh...do something inappropriate you may get punched or sued or something..
could be just my weird thoughts though

kelthuzad said:
helen said:

for a boy, there is also the matter of being afraid that if you uh...do something inappropriate you may get punched or sued or something..
could be just my weird thoughts though

lol , Kelthuzad, ur the lich from WC3 right? :p

LilyS said:
Every time I'm more convinced that there is something wrong with me... Doesn't really help with my already low confidence.
I hear ya. While I've been in a few relationships (3 to be exact), the last one was around two years ago, and I do sometimes feel very low in confidence and feel that I am lacking something.

The way I deal with it is through living it out and telling myself that things will change. Well, maybe I just lie to myself. Maybe I'm just in denial.

This thread is popular.

hmm...let see I'm almost 20 and never talk to a girl for longer than a few minute in my life. Now that make me wayyyy worst off then I could ever imagine. *sigh* not to mention girl have made fun of the way I look in the past or tease me far too many time:(

Latest posts

Back