I'm driving myself mad here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumble

Reaction score
I just don't seem to be able to express myself properly. Every Time I try and explain one of my issues or worries or problems it never seems to come out right and I hate everything I post. I've read through a lot of others people's threads and I really envy the way they seem to be able to put their feelings into words.

I don't know if maybe I'm just out of practice...But I'm finding it so hard.

I never seem to have anything to contribute to other peoples threads either. I really wish I could be some help to someone.

I don't know. I think I always have this problem. I'm really not one of those people who fits in even if I'm in a place where people have things in common with me.

:(

I've taken a liking to you if that's any consolation.

Don't worry about being able to express yourself properly, just, do the best you can. It's not a competition. The benefit is for you, not for other people.

*hug*

Aww thank you, thats nice.

I think its probably just me being overly critical as always. I'm hoping I'll find it easier over time.

I just always feel like the outsider. Maybe years of wanting to be different have backfired!

See that might be part of your problem, feeling like an outsider. Maybe if you found ways to feel like you were a part of society and social life, you would get better.

You're probably right, I just find it hard to "join in" I guess.

I have had this feeling all of my life for one reason or another; and in a lot of ways, I will never fit in because of heritage, spiritual beliefs, "esoteric talents," personality traits, ect - I just accept it and try not to worry about things I can not change.

For me, I will always try to remain positive and find the little things that I do well for positive self reinforcement. If I make someone smile, feel better, or simply show someone that a stranger can care for them, I feel I have accomplished my goal(s) for the day.

While the feeling is always in the back of my mind, I simply ignore the feeling, lock it away somewhere, and hope someday that I will completely fit in.

stumble said:
... I don't know. I think I always have this problem. I'm really not one of those people who fits in even if I'm in a place where people have things in common with me ...

Its always good to focus on positives of course. I think my problem is I don't fit in in a very shallow sense sometimes. I worry its because I don't put myself forward or try to get involved. I sit back too much.

I've been, for instance, a member of another forum for 4 years and I've not even made 200 posts and I'm not "one of the gang" despite we the fact we are all there because we like the same thing. I mean of course that doesn't mean we will all get on but we do all have at least one thing in common, a starting point.

Well maybe you need to make more posts to fit in?

I know i don't notice people who have below a few hundred posts sometimes.

Just got to get them used to seeing you around :D

Yeah you're completely right. Generally in life I'm not super vocal with my opinions especially when in a group of people. I think thats why I sit back. I've made more effort to post here. this board seems more active anyway and weirdly with this place being less specific it is easier to post more regularly. I guess its a case of just keeping going! I am unfortunately one of those people who will get discouraged if I answer a lot of posts and don't get a lot back. Not that I get moody, more I worry I'm not contributing anything worth while or positive.

Aw, I feel bad about my post about Elbow and the weenis. I was totally joking and hoping it would make you laugh, though.

stumble said:
Yeah you're completely right. Generally in life I'm not super vocal with my opinions especially when in a group of people. I think thats why I sit back. I've made more effort to post here. this board seems more active anyway and weirdly with this place being less specific it is easier to post more regularly. I guess its a case of just keeping going! I am unfortunately one of those people who will get discouraged if I answer a lot of posts and don't get a lot back. Not that I get moody, more I worry I'm not contributing anything worth while or positive.

Well you're getting responses so obviously you're doing something right here aye? :)

Yeah I guess I must be! Its just a case of letting these things happen in there own time I think. When you are new anywhere it takes a little time too settle in.

nerdygirl said:
Aw, I feel bad about my post about Elbow and the weenis. I was totally joking and hoping it would make you laugh, though.

Ah honestly don't even worry about it! I wasn't 100% sure if it was a joke or just a misunderstanding. I mean I'm not sure how well known there are outside of the UK or where you are from and to be honest its the most annoying band name ever (sorry lads!) Its so hard to search or google there stuff!

Latest posts

Back