Is your life better than it was a year ago?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is your life better than it was at this time last year?

• Much Better

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Somewhat Better

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • About the Same

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Somewhat Worse

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Much Worse

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antihero

Reaction score
So it is that time of year and like the title says, is your life better than it was one year ago?

Please vote, and as always, feel free to explain and go deeper with a reply.

As for myself I feel I am in the exact same place I was at the end of last year, which is not a good thing. However, this time around I do have this cautious optimism I did not have at this time last year.

I'm worse than I was a year ago. I can safely say that 2008 was the worst year of my life. I could go into detail about why but I'd rather not to. I want to start 2009 on a good note and just leave 2008 behind.

I really don't know how to answer this one. In reality it's about the same. I just didn't know how things really were a year ago so my perception of things is worse.

the begging of 07 was quite great, then agust till new years i wanted to kill myself. But spring of 08 was very good i moved on accepted i no longer had anything to lose since i had lost it all. spring of 07 i had friends and a boyfriend, that fall i nothing i hate myself when i think of back then, which i try not to think about it. well i got good grades this fall haven't done a whole lot i got a ps3 i worked on weekends for less than min wage but it was enough to get at least some of the things i wanted, and put about $100 in the bank over the year. Spring i got tons of exercise. I don't really know what i'm doing now, i guess i'm after the hight when you get over an exitensial criss, i'm just waiting till college. I graduate this year. Just do well in college this fall and manage living on my own, meet some new people to provide some company for at least a while hopefully they'll be too drunk to notice i'm a freak.

Same person last year
Same person now

Though I dislike presentation,but it helps me to overcome stage fright and make me able to present to the crowd.

2008 was the year of the twighlightzone for me.
I'll never be the same after that.
I never forget that's for sure. I stood at the turning piont.lol

Yes my life is better today than last year becuase I'm better (as in well)
Has life been much much better than last year and now ? Certainly,
becuase I've been more healthy or lived a healthier life style.
Money in the bank, a beautiful babe, vacations when i wanted,
toys on the driveway...etc I jump out of bed with a zest for life
and a smile on my face. Like standing on top of the world.

The more well i get..everything else follows.
Happiness is an inside job.

I'm not sure if anyone ever heard about the wheel of life concept.
2008 was like a sort of 6 O'clock posistion for me. I hitted a bottom.
It felt like I was stripped naked of everything. Like a sort of death.
Like the cup I held had to be empty before it could refilled again.
(It was the first thread I read on ALL...wierd) I sort of comprehend
the principle behind it. Going through the emptying process was insane and narely..lol
(as in LET GO). My ass fell off and then some.
It drove me out of my freaken mind...(as in my old ways of thinking)
and into my soul...:)
Or i was forced to think out of the box...(as in the box I made for myself)
Or I was forced into a higher conscious
Or I had a brain fart
Or I had rude awakening...(as in a spiritaul awakening...lmao)
Or it was freaken growing pains....
Err...I read a lot of spiritaul or self help books...lol.

It's like a rebirth process or getting re born again..for me.
I'm probably at the 6 O'clock, 1 min, 15 second position...:p

Anyway...I can trace the day the hand of the clock started
the up swing...it was the day I sign up on this site. I started
reaching out.

Life is a trip !!! :p ....(as in a journy)

Well 2008 started off really bad got better then I was in the dumps but to my surprise I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and this year for 2009 can only get better. I have goals and dreams just financially they're not affordable and money isn't everything but when you don't have it, it sucks. 2007 was one of the worse years I've had I pretty much hit rock bottom and I'm glad to say I can see the sunshine now. Don't have a boyfriend or made new friends but I feel happy by myself and I've never felt like this before.

Overall, yes. 2008 was superior to 2007.
And in 2008, my twin sister tried to commit suicide twice and I lost my job. So you can imagine what 2007 was like.

Let's see, last year at this time by comparison....

Mentally, similar enough, little less disgruntled little more mildly disliking and dismissive.

Job wise, at this point I am at a job actually I hope to make a career out of and making more loot than I was at the job I had last year at this point which was dead end and soul draining.

Relationship wise, last year - In a dying relationship. This year - in no relationship.

Socially - Still hunchback status.

Living condition - last year at this point living in a nice place with washer dryer and all the fixings across the street from my job, this year I'm in an meh neighborhood in a simple apartment. Not terrible but definitely bland and barebones.humble living ftw,

Physically, health wise I just started noticing the fact that I've lost weight over this year. Probably has something to do with all the stuff I've given up throughout the year, beef, pork, soda, etc. However I've started chain smoking as of a month or two ago...

SO... I'm gonna go with about the same. My job is about the only thing that's gotten better...

P.S. Your avatar rocks.

I voted "somewhat worse", becouse I can't help to feel that things are slowly going downhill. At the same time I feel like I've learnt alot and progressed with myself as a person, whice is a good thing. :) Many things remain unchanged, though, so I'm kinda split in this matter.

this time last year I was a careless pothead with the odd little worry but with friends and an optimistic view on life

this year I'm a paranoid wreck constantly looking over my shoulder with no one to talk to/care about it apart from people I've never met on a computer screen

so I'd say it's gotten much worse

Two things come to mind.
1. positive difference
Someone who has been dependent on me financially is now close to not being as dependent on me, if not totally independent and able to move out.

2. negative difference
I am more worried about my job due to the state of our economy and so many people (including one close to me) having lost their jobs.

Otherwise, everything has remained constant, which is something to be happy and unhappy about at the same time, I guess.

good question and i don't know

i was very bad at the practical last year, i mean i was HORRIBLE and i've gotten better since last year but around this time last year i was getting brill grades on the level 2 course and i had a gf who i would of kill anyone for her.

i guess alittle worse then lol...

i think its funny how there are so many diffrent answers on this poll.

if you answered "somewhat worse" or "much worse" ..... im sorry, life is what you make it so go out there and make it!
love you all;

I didnt get to vote in that poll, but I would say things are a little bit better for me than they were a year ago. I feel like im a different person than I was a year ago. I feel I could be better than I am now..but eh ill get there eventually.

*shrugs* I think it's improved. I've moved out of home, am in a relationship and I'd say I'm working harder at University.
The only thing that's gone really downhill for me is my self confidence level. I was more confident this time last year. I felt better about myself, which is strange.

i'd say everything is far worse that last year, so far this year has been pretty pants for me i'm honest, but loketron hit the nail on the head, sometimes life is what you make it, so now i need to work my ass off and get my honeysuckle together.

When life gives you lemons, f**k the lemonade, i'm adding them to my margarita :D

Latest posts

Back