It came to an end....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gisse181

Reaction score
So today after a short relationship, i broke up with my boyfriend.

He came into my life just in the right perfect time i would say, when i felt really comfused and lonely. He Made me smile and really happy...probably we did not see each other all the time; however, the times we spent time together were the best .....and will never forget them for sure.

Deep inside i knew that this relationship wasnt going to last for too long because he would do his own thing and i would do mines basically....was something like an open relationship not because i wanted things to be that way but because he was a lay back type of bf, who wouldnt be controlling and posesive. i guess it was very good. but at the same time made me feel he really didnt care as much as i used to care. sigh

I felt like i was falling for him more and more...n he was still the same towards me. so i let him go :(. he didnt really put a fight of course because he said he respects my decision, even though that made me feel even worse...i guess i will let time to heal the pain i feel inside.

For now im not tlking to him....even though i miss our conversations...i hate feeling this way but i believe i did right by letting him go now than letting go later when im more attached to him.:(

Uhh, you know that's what usually what happens in a relationship, right? That's what happens when you fall for someone. Unless he did something wrong or something mean, I don't really understand why one would break up with him.

I'm not really sure I understand why you broke up with him....
But that doesn't really matter, I suppose, you did what you thought was best. Good luck.

You win some you lose some. However, I have to wonder was his lack of attachment all him?. Or was it you not seeing the stuff you want to see?

After all, he was not cheating on you. He obviously gave you plenty of time. In the end you just sort of forced the end to come. It is one thing to be upset that you were dumped. However, when you dump him. . I feel little sympathy for you. Especially since there was no reason to dump him, according to your description.

The reason of why i broke up with him its not because he is not controlling and possessive. I did it because i m not trying to get hurt even more later on. i kno whe did not do nothing bad, but the fact that he would treat me more like i friend than a gf would make me wonder why...and feel that he doesn't really care as much as i would.

How do you know for sure he would have hurt you? Perhaps he was comfortable with you enough that he could be that way with you.

So you broke up with him on a feeling that he was going to somehow hurt you in the future? That's a little rash don't you think?

Well I still do not believe you have any reason to feel sad or hurt. The vast majority of females around the planet would kill to be friends with their boyfriends. You ended a good thing because of fears that will come from any relationship. Every relationship runs the risk of you waking up to a phone call from your mate saying that he is no longer interested in you. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Then again, I guess if you were not in blinding love with him and could see yourself getting hurt he was not the one. After all it is much better to believe that your mate is your world. So that way if the relationship ends it hurts so much more.

From the way you described this relationship. I am sure you will run into another guy who will come into your life at the perfect time. Then again if you are scared of being hurt I would recommend chastizing yourself and being alone for the rest of your life.

To me, it sounds like you ended it because he treated you more like a friend than as a girlfriend... while you found yourself feeling progressively more attached to him, and you didn't want to be the only one in the relationship who was in love. If I understood correctly, I understand. I wouldn't want to be in that position, either.

nerdygirl said:
To me, it sounds like you ended it because he treated you more like a friend than as a girlfriend... while you found yourself feeling progressively more attached to him, and you didn't want to be the only one in the relationship who was in love. If I understood correctly, I understand. I wouldn't want to be in that position, either.

If what nerdy said was true, sort of sounds like what my one and only relationship was like except I was in the boyfriends shoes and also I was the one to end it, not the other way around. She willingly allowed herself to get more and more attached unless she really truly did love me like she said she did but it was quite early in the relationship really just a few months. This is only one piece of the puzzle ofcourse but she was getting very attached and i know this for fact. It was just one of the things that made the relationship too much for me at a young age where you have no experience or proper direction in life yet so i ended it.

Sometimes I do feel regret for the decision I made and I think I may have hurt her quite alot because it was a little sudden... its not like we had any arguments or anything i just thought at the time that it would be best if the relationship ended and we went seperate ways. I think it was out of ignorance, confusion and possibly even being scared at the possibility of it becoming a proper serious relationship.
:club:

What nerdy said it's exactly how i feel, and also my ex bf would be someone with no experience about relationship as shybuthi mention in his case too. my ex would always tell me everytime that he knew something was wrong that he wasnt really good at relationships and he wouls also say sorry....Well i know i didnt really wanted to break up with him but i didnt want to be the only one in love. atleast we still talk because he always hits me up.

thanks alot guys.<3:)

I understand completely. Some people are simply happy to let relationships roll along even if they don't have strong feelings for the person. Some people are also incapable of loving anyone as intensely as some people love everyone they end up with. If a relationship is causing you more misery than happiness, it is time to let go. It hurts very bad right now but you did the right thing. Hopefully in time, you will both meet someone better matched to your relationship needs. Neither of you sound in the wrong, you just sound mismatched.

gisse181 said:
The reason of why i broke up with him its not because he is not controlling and possessive. I did it because i m not trying to get hurt even more later on. i kno whe did not do nothing bad, but the fact that he would treat me more like i friend than a gf would make me wonder why...and feel that he doesn't really care as much as i would.

Heh. It reminds me of a situation I'm in now. I'm not clear about how this woman sees me. I love believing we're on a course towards something special, but I often have moments where I tell myself that I need to prepare myself to accept that she will not choose me and doesn't see us being more than friends. It's a pretty tough spot because for a long time, my shields were up. I wanted them down, but down under the kind of circumstance where I could feel confident that my heart wouldn't be stabbed after allowing someone in. But it's too late now. I'm not going to run away from this, and I will find out. I've never been a gambling man, but wow... I've got my chips on her and even though the game is not over, I feel like I've already lost my mind many times over her.
It's a game of Risk and Reward.
I can risk my heart being wounded and having to recover. I could possibly be rewarded with a caliber of happiness I don't believe I've ever encountered in my existence.
So I look at the reward, and I think it's worht a shot.

Go back to him, miss.

I'll say that if you're not getting what you want out of a relationship, its completely acceptable for you to leave it. It certainly sounds like you weren't; I would mention, though, have you considered talking to him about it first? Communication is a wonderful thing.

Latest posts

Back