Lacking a deep connection with other human beings...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nethic

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I won't delve into the details, but I basically ended up cutting off all contact with a lot of my friends and family over the course of the past few years. Even though I still live with my family, because they have done really horrible things to me in the past, it feels like I'm receding into my own mind.

I only live in my mind. In my mind, and my journals. It's soul-sucking to not be able to share my life, my thoughts, emotions, with anyone. It absolutely sucks to not be able to know someone else in that way as well. I am so unfulfilled in this part of my life.

I literally have no one in my life who truly and fully understands me, and I have no one in my life who I truly and fully understand.

All my actions feel hollow. It feels like nothing I do is being reflected by anyone around me, and that makes me feel like I'm going crazy sometimes.

I guess I have only myself to blame - I've been extremely career oriented for the past 2 years, trying to get myself out of my parents' house (which looks like it is going to come true by the end of 2014).

Wish I had someone to talk to...not about the small talk bullshit that everyone talks about daily, but about the deep stuff. The stuff that makes us tick, so to speak.

I don't know, maybe I'm looking for someone who resonates on my frequency.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.

A lot of people here share the same feeling. It takes some effort to turn the situation around, but you can always get started and take the first baby steps towards getting a more fulfilling life. All it takes is a bit of courage.

Hang in there :)

As Ymir says, many of us on here share the same feelings-I know that I definitely do.
Maybe once you move out at the end of the year you may find you have the time and the space to start looking for people you are more in tune with.

I totally get you. Where I am, I'm living very restrictively where I can't really be myself or live life the way I want because from young, people have had expectations plastered all across my life, what I should, how I should be, where I should be, what I should believe in. If I take the daring step to rebel, someone I truly love and care about will be deeply hurt, my mother. So, I am also planning on moving out, so I can live my life elsewhere, they don't have to know, and my mother won't be heartbroken. It probably means I'm not being truthful to them.. but I don't think I have much of a choice.. with the whole bunch of them where I am from.

None of my friends in real life really get me, except maybe 1. Ever since my dad's passing, I've pushed them all away. So I have been enjoying my own company most of the time and I'm just waiting for the time when I can move. I hope by end of this year too. :(

Anyway Nethic, I hope you stay strong, hang in there. You have to just keep going to get to where you want to be, and you will get there, just don't give up. There's going to be a lot of humps and bumps and fears in the journey but don't let them stop you. Good luck. :)

I'm in my mid-twenties and I've maybe met three people in my whole life who have "resonated on my frequency" (nice expression :)) and none of them are a part of my life anymore.

The sad thing about frequencies is that they are subject to change.

I think some people are just.... like that. A career can do that, for some people it's other things. I know I have always been like this. I'm naturally introverted and don't get close to many people. I prefer few real connections over many more "acquaintance" like friends.

I live with my sister and other than that the only two people I regularly talk with are my best friend who lives in Germany. And someone I had a long distance thing with who is just a friend now that lives in another state. I don't want multiple connections... I just want ONE legitimate and intimate connection/relationship that will last for the rest of our lives. It might sound weird to some people, but when I really think about it this is something that I can remember thinking about it one form or another since I was very young. I remember developing attachments to girls all the time, but always being too shy to let them know. And now that I am older and know what I want with someone, it feels like the type of thing I am looking for is probably very rare and it has me wondering if I will ever find it.

I feel basically the same way but I have learnt with time that there are very, and I mean VERY few people I would like to be connected to. On a personal level, I mean.

To be honest, there isn't a single person I know I would like to be with right now.

That is, I think the lack of "connection" with people is not necessarily a bad thing. Not when you learn to appreciate your own company...and to find things you like to do alone.

Hope this helps.

I know how you feel. I've discovered that the things I'm really apssionate about...music, books, movies, etc...don't seem to provide me with much pleasure anymore, since I don't have anyone with whom to share my thoughts and feelings about such things. It sucks.

MusicMan01 said:
I know how you feel. I've discovered that the things I'm really apssionate about...music, books, movies, etc...don't seem to provide me with much pleasure anymore, since I don't have anyone with whom to share my thoughts and feelings about such things. It sucks.

well it seems we have something in common

feel free to pm me or visit my blog whenever you want if you want to talk about music, books and/or music

and/or movies

hopefully once you are out of your parents house and a bit more settled you will be able to concentrate again on your social life…

I don't get connections because I am strange! Slightly off and very few people "get" me.

Latest posts

Back