Ladyforsaken

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really hard not to write here and If I start writing here like I always do others won't even have a chance to write anything at all. so sad I want to write so much here. Sigh.

Waiting on update Rosebolt.

I check for an update to this thread in the New Posts section everyday but I know that it may be a long time before we hear anything due to the treatment taking a toll on her.

I wish and hope for the best.

I talked to her monday around this time of day. She was drosy and having to take oral kemo, so shes resting and dealing with that. It was hard for her to chat long and i dont expect to hear much from her for at least a few days. Or until she gains some strength and adjusts to the meds.
i felt relieved to talk to her and know what was going on, but at the same time felt the seriousness of her situation.
It wont be easy or something she will get over quickly and be back here helping others next week tho..
But i have faith that she will recover and be her old self evenutally, but it may be many weeks before shes back to surfing online.and months of treatments to follow.
the good part is that where she is, they have good healthcare and high tech facillities.
She is being taken care of.

She has underwent full chemo now, and her oral chemo doses have been upped again. She said that it doesn't seem to do much. The doctors don't tell her much at all.

She said: "They just tell me that my red blood and platelets are very low and my wbc keep increasing so they need to increase my oral chemo to suppress it but it doesn't seem to be working."

Rosebolt said:
She has underwent full chemo now, and her oral chemo doses have been upped again. She said that it doesn't seem to do much. The doctors don't tell her much at all.

She said: "They just tell me that my red blood and platelets are very low and my wbc keep increasing so they need to increase my oral chemo to suppress it but it doesn't seem to be working."

You know, I am confused by how they diagnose cancer over there. They only use blood samples? They don't do imaging? Biopsies?

"With the exception of blood cancers, blood tests generally can't absolutely tell whether you have cancer or some other noncancerous condition, but they can give your doctor clues about what's going on inside your body."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/in-depth/cancer-diagnosis/art-20046459?pg=1

^ She has had a bone marrow biopsy last saturday, i'm fairly certain that's stated somewhere in the thread. However she mentioned not getting the results from that yet.

Rosebolt said:
^ She has had a bone marrow biopsy last saturday, i'm fairly certain that's stated somewhere in the thread. However she mentioned not getting the results from that yet.

You said bone marrow transplantation, not biopsy in your original post. I wasn't sure what that meant.

Glad she did get a biopsy though. :) I want her to be taken care of.

Thinking of her all the time, and checking this thread a LOT of times. All the best for you, ladyforsaken!

SophiaGrace said:
You said bone marrow transplantation, not biopsy in your original post. I wasn't sure what that meant.

Glad she did get a biopsy though. :) I want her to be taken care of.

The confusion is my mistake. I remember her saying transplantation back then, so i copied those words. Recently she refered to it as biopsy. So it was a biopsy.

I haven't been on for a little while. I hope she gets better. :(. She has helped me out through a lot.

Latest posts

Back