Lonely In The Morning Too

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyAtNight

Reaction score
Hi all

my name here is LonelyAtNight, waking up this morning really was aware of loneliness, so really the two times of often greatest loneliness are both upon first waking and at night.

lying in bed this morning really aware that I was lonely and that not very much in the way of compelling purpose in my life right now, the day stretching forth pretty empty....

so what to do??? now I have had times in my life that I did have more purpose, at those times not so lonely in the morning because there is some purpose to the day, so even if lonely, or somewhat lonely, just by getting on with the day though...that loneliness can be kind of left behind.....

so am in a place of a few questions to myself, "what might be fulfilling/compelling for me?", what is stopping me???, what might I have to do to get what I think of...going???....

so that is where I'm at this morning, lonely but starting to open up to some self questions and contemplation.....

what feels good is just writing about this, kinda a little bit less lonely

thanks to any/all who have read this

John H

Oh yes, those lonely mornings when you wake up in an empty bed in an eerily silent house and spend awhile wondering if its worth getting out of bed or not. You sigh, go downstairs, see a tired face looking back at you in the mirror, make something to eat again in silence and watch the news before leaving the house for another day just like the last one.

At the moment I’m living in a hostel so my mornings are a quick get up, wash and get out but generally yeah, a lot of questions racing around my head at that time of day.

4 days a week I get up very early for work. Not much fun !
The other 3, I enjoy them, get up, have a coffee, switch sky sports news, switch my pc on and check facebook and a few other sites (here !) and generally find out whats happening in the world.

Personally, I don't feel it right away in the morning up until lately. Usually I'm getting up and getting ready for work. I turn on the TV, check any emails, hit a few web sites while I do this. But the past month and a half almost since I've been laid off I get that sense of loneliness. I'm at my mom's and my brother is usually gone off to work when I get up and some mornings my mom is gone as well. It is weird being in her house all by myself, it's much bigger than my apartment, heck her basement is bigger than my apartment. Usually I'll turn the TV on shortly after I get up just to have that noise. I find it helps a lot, distracts the mind.

Sci-Fi said:
Personally, I don't feel it right away in the morning up until lately. Usually I'm getting up and getting ready for work. I turn on the TV, check any emails, hit a few web sites while I do this. But the past month and a half almost since I've been laid off I get that sense of loneliness. I'm at my mom's and my brother is usually gone off to work when I get up and some mornings my mom is gone as well. It is weird being in her house all by myself, it's much bigger than my apartment, heck her basement is bigger than my apartment. Usually I'll turn the TV on shortly after I get up just to have that noise. I find it helps a lot, distracts the mind.

Hi Sci-Fi,

Yes not working can and does make morning more empty, lonely, I also have some knee problems, won't be working for some time....

Not working definately has an impact...

JH

I'm loneliest at night. The day is completed. The work is done. The studying is done. The cleaning is done. The chores are done. Everything is done. Then there are a few moments to sit down on my couch and wonder "What am I doing this for?" before I pass out.

Made even worse when you're having a dream and everything just seems to be perfect, and then you wake up and the reality sinks in.

At my most depressed this will happen; I will awake drained and unable to see a reason to get out of bed. The thing that I have noticed is this is a physical malady and not an emotional one, as I have been unconscious and thus not dwelling on anything morose. All I can do is try to recognize it is only my body and not a real emotion, so I need to get the hell up and do what I need to do. If this is a continuous event you may want to see someone for about a chemical imbalance.

Jason,

Depression is very much a physical thing just as much as mental/emotional. In the past, I've suffered depressive episodes where I physically could not muster the strength to drag myself out of bed. The body and the mind are so interconnected that a state in one creates a similar state in the other.

bodafuko said:
Depression is very much a physical thing just as much as mental/emotional. In the past, I've suffered depressive episodes where I physically could not muster the strength to drag myself out of bed. The body and the mind are so interconnected that a state in one creates a similar state in the other.

Not that I disagree completely (or maybe perhaps for everyone) but once I realize I have no valid emotional reason to be depressed, I can sort of 'bootstrap' myself out of the mud and get moving. It's like recognizing the reason behind the problem and dealing with it for what it is.

I'm not really 'here' anyway; I'm just riding out this husk. ;)

JasonM said:
bodafuko said:

Not that I disagree completely (or maybe perhaps for everyone) but once I realize I have no valid emotional reason to be depressed, I can sort of 'bootstrap' myself out of the mud and get moving. It's like recognizing the reason behind the problem and dealing with it for what it is.

I'm not really 'here' anyway; I'm just riding out this husk. ;)

Yes, bootstrap indeed. Exercise is how I drag my body into motion to bring my mind to a healthier state.

Latest posts

Back