My back is against the wall, and i am about to surrender

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelydude

Reaction score
Like many of you i really dont have any real friends, nor do i have a life outside of school. I try to get by what i can, the few ppl i can talk here and there, but some ppl dont want that to happen either. What do the other ppl at school want from me? im not some kinda arrogant stuck up whom ppl would hate, im just somebody whos really normal and who needs somebody to tlak to . But despite all that i was always optimistic , that things would change, but that is all but diminishing soon.

I recently started taking part in some school activiites and though i didnt gain any friends or anything, i still found them fun and refreshing. But again that wasnt acceptable to some ppl. No matter how hard i worked somebody else was there to take the credit. Now there givin out awards at the end of this school year to ppl who have achieved alot in activites (extra curriculars) and eventhough im not the guy w ith the most impressive resume, i am 10 times more deserving for one of those awards than the ppl who are getting them. And how are they getting them? coz the guy who is organizing all this happens to be their friend. So no place for the deserving , every good thing must happen to those who suck up or are well networked. The same thing happened to me when the school headmaster was selecting the school council from each class. I was a shoo win for a spot on that council since i had MUCH MUCH better grades/ ec's that my competitor , but guess what? i didnt get the spot , WHY? i asked the headmaster and he told me flat out that it was coz i didnt have a dad...Now what the fresia was that? he told me that coz i didnt have a father i couldnt do this , that , etc. Its so ******* unbelieivable but believe it ...

Now i stand here, giving my body and my soul to my work , yet ppl who suck up and are much less deserving get all the credit. This was the only thing i had going good in my life and now im getting that snatched away from me too. I mean WHAT THE fresia DO THOSE PPL WANT?

I feel so much like having my back against the wall, being cornered by those **** ppl who are angry coz i live and breathe and im raising my hands and saying I GIVE UP!!!

i have always been optimistic about my life, i really dont know how long i can be now, i dont have any friends to console me , nor do i have a social network to spend my time doing other things..

I just dont know what to do :( ,

Most people are bitches who care only about themselves. I find it very hard to "find the good in people" because when I do I just end up being disappointed. I've always had integrity in everything I do. I've tried to be honest and loyal. But time and time again I've been beaten by those who don't play by the rules and take advantage of others. That's just how this idiotic world works.

It's not ur fault man. I've realized that there's absolutely nothing I can do, I'm just a rotting corpse.

lonelydude said:
Like many of you i really dont have any real friends, nor do i have a life outside of school. I try to get by what i can, the few ppl i can talk here and there, but some ppl dont want that to happen either. What do the other ppl at school want from me? im not some kinda arrogant stuck up whom ppl would hate, im just somebody whos really normal and who needs somebody to tlak to . But despite all that i was always optimistic , that things would change, but that is all but diminishing soon.

I recently started taking part in some school activiites and though i didnt gain any friends or anything, i still found them fun and refreshing. But again that wasnt acceptable to some ppl. No matter how hard i worked somebody else was there to take the credit. Now there givin out awards at the end of this school year to ppl who have achieved alot in activites (extra curriculars) and eventhough im not the guy w ith the most impressive resume, i am 10 times more deserving for one of those awards than the ppl who are getting them. And how are they getting them? coz the guy who is organizing all this happens to be their friend. So no place for the deserving , every good thing must happen to those who suck up or are well networked. The same thing happened to me when the school headmaster was selecting the school council from each class. I was a shoo win for a spot on that council since i had MUCH MUCH better grades/ ec's that my competitor , but guess what? i didnt get the spot , WHY? i asked the headmaster and he told me flat out that it was coz i didnt have a dad...Now what the fresia was that? he told me that coz i didnt have a father i couldnt do this , that , etc. Its so ******* unbelieivable but believe it ...

Now i stand here, giving my body and my soul to my work , yet ppl who suck up and are much less deserving get all the credit. This was the only thing i had going good in my life and now im getting that snatched away from me too. I mean WHAT THE fresia DO THOSE PPL WANT?

I feel so much like having my back against the wall, being cornered by those **** ppl who are angry coz i live and breathe and im raising my hands and saying I GIVE UP!!!

i have always been optimistic about my life, i really dont know how long i can be now, i dont have any friends to console me , nor do i have a social network to spend my time doing other things..

I just dont know what to do :( ,

How do you know that you deserve more than them, and vice versa? I take it that your not in college yet? You shouldn't let that get to you, saying your "10X" more likely then them just make you look like a arrogant jerk. It best to just stay calm, because well as a uni student, High school mean JACK. As long as you do well in high school, you will get into a good college or university. But I feel that if you do deserve it more, than it is unfair. All I have to say is just hang in there. I had no friend in high school, and I still only have 1 friend in college, but the thing is people actually want to be my friend here in college.

Another thing is that college student are a lot more mature than high school or below student. It like they went through another puberty again, but this time it maturely.

Hope that help!

Most people are bitches who care only about themselves. I find it very hard to "find the good in people" because when I do I just end up being disappointed. I've always had integrity in everything I do. I've tried to be honest and loyal. But time and time again I've been beaten by those who don't play by the rules and take advantage of others. That's just how this idiotic world works.

It's not ur fault man. I've realized that there's absolutely nothing I can do, I'm just a rotting corpse.

i know man i hate those people can just pay others to do their homework i was suprised that people really did do that even in highschool, people can cheat and get test answers.

But I've been thinking why should i care about them, thy don't care about me. i've been trying a lot less to care, I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not, of course in the profesinal world it's best to at least be decent to your cowworkers i think i can do that.

@ evanescencefan91: Don't worry. All those people paying others to do their homework are going to absolutely FAIL once they get into college. Many colleges have a no tolerance rule when it comes to cheating -- get caught once and they're out.

@lonelydude: I'm sorry about your situation. I do have to agree with Chris2, though: how do you know you are more deserving than the other people? The way we perceive ourselves is not necessarily how others perceive us. If you're absolutely sure that you worked harder than everyone else, then you might have been passed over simply because people weren't made aware of your efforts. Are you quiet and keep to yourself? If you do, then this is an easy mistake for others to make. People only know what you show them.

I hate to break it to you, but your experience is a taste of what's to come in the real world. There are a lot of people who try to steal other's credit or who are better acknowledged for their efforts, because of who they know. It's not fair, but that's life. The ability to network is extremely important if you want to get ahead. There's nothing wrong with being a hard worker, but it's hard to notice you if you keep to yourself and hang in the background all the time.

blak000 said:
@ evanescencefan91: Don't worry. All those people paying others to do their homework are going to absolutely FAIL once they get into college. Many colleges have a no tolerance rule when it comes to cheating -- get caught once and they're out.

my old next door neighbor paid his way through college in pakistan. paid someone to take his entrance exams into njit and then flunked out cause he kept skipping class to smoke crack and do speedballs. he smoked me up with leak when i was 16. the bastid. one of the worst experiences of my life.

lol.. serious? Man, that guy must have had a lot of money. I could never imagine paying people to take my classes for 4 years. Still, I think those people eventually get weeded out. Sometimes, they can slip through the cracks, but I feel it's very rare. Even if a person managed to pay his way through business school, his lack of skills and knowledge would soon become apparent once he got a job.

I am sure cheating ones way through colleges the world over is pretty common.

thanks for ur repliels every1. But i dont think im arrogant, u see I act very kindly towards every1, even if there ppl i dont really like or have done something bad to me ( maybe this is my mistake). I say im better coz ive really excelled at what ive done, while those ppl who are getting the awards havnt really achieved any sort of honor or recognition, theyve only pparticipated in certain things and have blown that out of proportion. I really hate ppl without substance who just suck up to get on top, but ive learned the hard way that that is the only way up, otherwise ur gonna get stepped all over and messed over like i have been. *sigh* . Well thank you for ur support every1, I really thought my last year of HS would be great, but alas its been the worst one of my life...

Don't be discouraged, lonelydude. Things like this will happen from time to time. The important thing is to stick in there and keep fighting. Life won't be unfair like that all the time, and someday you will be recognized for your talents.

thx dude, things are getting better.. i really hope nothing like this happens to anyone, its just so ******* disheartening . U know what , im gonna stand up against this. Now i dont really care, all i care anout is getting what i deserve, nothing more nothing less. That doiesnt mean im gonna change who i am, ill just change my attitude to being more aggressive when this kinda honeysuckle happens.

Now theyre making fun of me in the school newspaper, saying things that ARNT true about me . NOW THATS LOW, but alas theres very little i can do about this. Oh well, i hope all those mother******s rot in hell

lonelydude said:
thx dude, things are getting better.. i really hope nothing like this happens to anyone, its just so ******* disheartening . U know what , im gonna stand up against this. Now i dont really care, all i care anout is getting what i deserve, nothing more nothing less. That doiesnt mean im gonna change who i am, ill just change my attitude to being more aggressive when this kinda honeysuckle happens.

Now theyre making fun of me in the school newspaper, saying things that ARNT true about me . NOW THATS LOW, but alas theres very little i can do about this. Oh well, i hope all those mother******s rot in hell

WHAT?!?!

What are they saying?

Heck, I was so "totally" invisible in highschool. I think even bad publicity would have been good. No one even knew I was there. I had so many problems with things at home that when I was in highschool that in 4 years time I had 0 conversations. I am not exagerating either. Zero. Nada. None. I didn't talk at all other then to answer teachers questions here and there. I was one of those kids that got pretty good grades to. Was always answering the teacher. Only it got embarassing. Mostly I wasn't even picked on except by a couple people at one point. I was to invisible to even be picked on.

What's even more pathetic is I have always walked pretty quietly. So like there were two sets of 4 stairs. One set on the inside that were the corners of the library in the middle and one set on the outside. So much of the time people didn't use the outside stairs much, but sometimes they could be faster to get to the lower level. So I would go that way and sometimes scare the honeysuckle out of people because I was fast and would walk behind them or past them and they would jump. So I had to start intentionally walking heavy just so I didn't feel bad from scaring people.

blak000 said:

blak000 said:
lol.. serious? Man, that guy must have had a lot of money. I could never imagine paying people to take my classes for 4 years. Still, I think those people eventually get weeded out. Sometimes, they can slip through the cracks, but I feel it's very rare. Even if a person managed to pay his way through business school, his lack of skills and knowledge would soon become apparent once he got a job.

I'm going to have to say that I can't agree with you on this one. As a matter of fact, I'll go as far as to say that these people are the ones that get more rewarding, high-paying jobs.

Why you ask?... simply because that's how life works: the better you can cheat, lie, steal, and screw other people over (in general), the better you're off. Take politicians, CEO's, president and what not on boards of big companies, etc... more than half of these people aren't qualified for their positions. The only way they get in is through connections, and managing to glue together a "fake" diploma/degree.
They get the good smart people to work for them, for half the salary if even that. And I'm not even going to start on politicians.

As for the cheating in collages... right, there is a strict non tolerance rule, but I'll just say this, cheating is VERY simple, you just have to be smart about it.

As for what you said lonelydude, don't worry about high-school too much, get your grades, join whetever sports/clubs make you happy, and know that all these "rewards" that others get mean absolutely nothing to collages or the outside world for that matter.
I got some back in high school, and I can tell you they did nothing for me... well besides the fact that they served as some comfortable toilet paper ;) ...
I know it sucks to be not recognised for your achievements but hey, that'll only happen a lot more in the "working" world. At least you get some prep on how to ignore this.

As far as advice goes, (and I'm assuming that you are going to collage) is that everytihng has great potential to change, you just need to start this new beginning the right way... don't hang out/around any of these "friend"/ acquaintances from high school because they'll only hold you back & you'll end up in a similar (a bit better) situation than you're in now... at least that happened to me.

I guess i'm getting too far ahead of myself here cuz you're still in high school... but yeah get as much as you need out of hs for your future, and screw the rest.

lonelydude said:

You know what he needs reporting for that. Amongst other things if you did have a dad and you told him that he had said that to you he would of probably gone down there and gave that wanker a complete doing over. Have you got an uncle are anything cos ppl like that I have found comply better with other men, If you get what am saying. In other words he is probably a weasel. Honestly ppl like him do my head in. I got a good mined to get on a plane and go down to the school myself. Well it makes me feel like doing that but I don't think I am going to do that as I don't know you personally. But you could do with someone that would do that.

Now firstly you must not let noob sacks like that little twat get to you. The world is unfortunately full of them. He should be reported for saying that tho. That is amongst other things discriminating against you cos you don't have a dad. Plus a teacher should inspire and give confidence not mentally kick you in the balls.

If you go about all this the wrong way it well be you coming of weirs. You have to keep doing your work as you have said your doing and just not let ppl like that get you down. He well be showed for what he is one day. Where you are obviously a person that's going to prove him wrong. I just hope as an adult one day you see that slime and knock him the fresia out. You should have a good job and be on your feet as it where fist so you have nothing to loss by doing that. But that is not good advice from me. But I understand your frustration. Just keep going and doing what your doing. Keep ye head down and bide ye time. When you leave that place you need it to be with some qualifications. Don't let him give you a reason not to do that.

Guest said:
I'm going to have to say that I can't agree with you on this one. As a matter of fact, I'll go as far as to say that these people are the ones that get more rewarding, high-paying jobs.

Why you ask?... simply because that's how life works: the better you can cheat, lie, steal, and screw other people over (in general), the better you're off. Take politicians, CEO's, president and what not on boards of big companies, etc... more than half of these people aren't qualified for their positions. The only way they get in is through connections, and managing to glue together a "fake" diploma/degree.
They get the good smart people to work for them, for half the salary if even that. And I'm not even going to start on politicians.

As for the cheating in collages... right, there is a strict non tolerance rule, but I'll just say this, cheating is VERY simple, you just have to be smart about it.

Ya, I sort of started explaining that, but darn it. I hate the fact that the world is this way. Not all well to do are evil, but many are. Many are freaking monsters who cut every corner they can and get away with every bit of it. Couldn't agree more with what you said.

Bluey said:
lonelydude said:

You know what he needs reporting for that. Amongst other things if you did have a dad and you told him that he had said that to you he would of probably gone down there and gave that wanker a complete doing over. Have you got an uncle are anything cos ppl like that I have found comply better with other men, If you get what am saying. In other words he is probably a weasel. Honestly ppl like him do my head in. I got a good mined to get on a plane and go down to the school myself. Well it makes me feel like doing that but I don't think I am going to do that as I don't know you personally. But you could do with someone that would do that.

Now firstly you must not let noob sacks like that little twat get to you. The world is unfortunately full of them. He should be reported for saying that tho. That is amongst other things discriminating against you cos you don't have a dad. Plus a teacher should inspire and give confidence not mentally kick you in the balls.

If you go about all this the wrong way it well be you coming of weirs. You have to keep doing your work as you have said your doing and just not let ppl like that get you down. He well be showed for what he is one day. Where you are obviously a person that's going to prove him wrong. I just hope as an adult one day you see that slime and knock him the fresia out. You should have a good job and be on your feet as it where fist so you have nothing to loss by doing that. But that is not good advice from me. But I understand your frustration. Just keep going and doing what your doing. Keep ye head down and bide ye time. When you leave that place you need it to be with some qualifications. Don't let him give you a reason not to do that.

You europeans are SCARY!!! :)

Thank you very much for ur advice every1. Yea i should report him Bluey, in fact i am going to now, evennthough hes the principal of my school. My senior year has been terrible, every1 is not only getting ahead by sucking up , every1 seems to have alot of friends and gf's to hang out outside of school with . Eventhough this year i have lost everything and have nothing, im still hopeful that itll get better in college, and eventhough i got no1 to d o anything with ,i still try to enjoy by myself.

And like many of u said, ive realized these awards and honeysuckle arnt really gonna help me now. When i was a freshman in high shool, i thought of em as really prestigious and what not, but now every1 in my batch knows that the only way to get one is to become a slave/suck up for the teacher and the guy whos handling the awards.

I never reallly realized how unfavourable and cruel High School can get.

OH yes and as for the fun theyre making of me Skorian. Well theyre printing false stories about me and calling me "weird" coz the guy whos the editor just happens to have some kind of an inferiority complex or something . I dunnpo what it is but hes printed honeysuckle like that before and he, along with his other pals are doing it again. I was expecting they would write about me being lonely and honeysuckle , and in fact they are also wrting about that as well .

Oh well , the sooner its over ,the better...

Latest posts

Back