my cheesy intro .

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unfortunate

Reaction score
Well I'm 18 years old and a freshman in college (second semester).
I absolutely love music and I don't think I could survive without it. I guess it's sort of an escape for me. Beyond that I am incredibly boring because I hate putting myself out there for fear of rejection. I also have terrible social anxiety that gets so bad that I skip meals because I can't bear the fact of having to sit alone in the cafeteria. Ever since my junior year in high school I've been battling depression and losing. My favorite part of the day would have to be going to sleep where I dream of being surrounded by a group of friends or someone who loves me only to wake up to another miserable day of being by myself.

But anyway some random facts about me :

I straighten my hair every morning, yes I'm a guy
I am super obsessed with how I look and if I don't look perfect I won't go out in public.
I love video games because they help me get my mind off of things and they let you be anyone you want to be.
I am socially retarded. There is no way in hell I'd have this conversation with you in real life. :|

So yeah nice to meet you all .

Nice to meet you, too. Eh, when I was in high school I was afraid to go in the cafeteria alone. I think you should get an mp3 and just plug it because you're listening to your tunes and you should be pre-occupied. Try not to sing along, though. I've tried that once and I forgot I was listening to my Ipod and just belted this song. And nobody- NOBODY- is perfect. Don't psych yourself out by thinking you HAVE to look great to go to the store or the park. Welcome to the site and good luck to you. :)

hey unfortunate welcome to the forum

*hugs*

wwhat are you studying?

I'm currently a sophmore at uni :)

I've been depressed for a long time too, i take anti depressants but they don't really make me happy a nice bike ride or a nap will usually do the trick though

have you tried consoling or anything?

many people have similar social issues, sometimes you have to ease yourself in or just jump into a conversation,

ask strangers what time it is,

this may be a stretch but have you been tested for aspergers?

people with aspergers often habe trouble understanding social situations

what kinds of things do you like?

at uni they often have game nights or something sometimes here they'll have a rock band tornamnet or a video game night at one of the dorms

are you into anime or star trek,
they've got an anime club here

I'm sure you can find something on campus that you'd be interested in

and due i know it's hard but you should put yourself out there it can't hurt to try

I mean what's the worst that could happen, you accidently ask out a straight girl

she had a plaid jacket and a crew cut

970839-cat_facepalm_icon.jpg

I MEAN COME ON!

I love music too, and I can't function without it. In about 7th or 8th grade I found out that I actually learn better with soft music in my ear. But I also have a taste for the Avant Garde... So, my awkward social situations are accompanied by really weird silly honeysuckle going on in my ears. Somehow, it levels out my anger and frustration with people and life, and gives me a silly little skip in my step. Maybe listening to music while in public situations will help you relax and enjoy some simple interaction.

hello unfortunate, welcome to the forum. There are lots of guys here with straight, shiny, hairs. I think you will blend in just fine :D

Hey unfortunate!
I love music too! I cant live without it. U should start trying to talk to ppl in college, eventually u'll find somebody with ur same interests and become friends :)
Welcome and good luck!

hey unfortunate :D

i don't like cafeteria either, when i was at school, i just hang out at library or study room. i just secretly eat my food in there even i am not suppose to eat in there.
i am going to college next year, even i might be alone, i am going to give cafeteria a try to see if anyone would sit with me. who knows that they might.

i think you have been rejected alot in the past because now you are building up the fear that the history repeats itself then you gave up on people, right?
don't give up because there is someone out there who wants to be your friend.

I'm in college too. From your description, you and I are nearly identical. I'm pretty **** lonely too.

Welcome to the site
cheese_smiley.gif

Hi fellow newbie,if it's a consulation you're braver than me when i was at school i wouldn't go at all,i used to hide in a local park untill i would see the school buses arrive at the end of the day then walk home.

We have something in common (no not the having hair sadly lol) but i too tend to seek refuge in video games.

Latest posts

Back