My comfort-level drops significantly when other people are in the house

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheenix

Reaction score
Even though I have my own room a story above the main part of the apartment, I feel markedly less comfortable when someone else enters the apartment. I am 18 years old, and the other people entering the apartment are: my mother (daily) and my sister (once in a while.) I don't have overt social phobia of any kind, and am not generally unsettled by being near other people. When someone else enters the apartment, I feel as though it impedes on my freedom, and I feel a tad more... apathetic? I have no history of abuse by my family.

Can anyone recognize this or does anyone have any comments? I suspect these feelings are fairly normal, but I can imagine they are slightly more dramatic in my case.

I had that too. Being alone is absolute bliss - every additional person is someone to comment on our weirdness :p

I felt the same way when i was around that age. Then, i started working at a new job that gave me the possiblity to live by my own. I moved out, and i live alone since then. But let me tell you something, in the first couple of months living alone, i felt the house was way to calm and lonely... I'ts hard. But you get used to it (if you're strong enough).

Most important: go with ease, don't rush those kind of decisions.

Cheers!

It's you basic survival instink kicking in. It's a very natural feeling to have.
It's your territory.

Nothing wrong with ya.

If someone is to break into your car or try to moo your GF.
Those same feelings will get trigger.

At the sametime...if you have be isolating yourself.
Spending less and less time around people. Your mind and body
had adjusted even if it's unhealthy.
Boarder line going stair crazy.

I basically did that...I wasnt always like that...but after isolating myself,
My mind and body simply adjust to the condition that surrounds me so it can function,
even if it wasnt so healthy or productive for me.
If you reserch on how our consiouse mind works..it might help you.
It's kind of like trying to maintain balance as we walk.

There's actaully TwO blinde spots in the conner of our eyes.
Our brain actaully create images illusions to cover up those blinde spots.
If our brain didnt do that we would walk into objects all the time.

Our brain also dose this on a pyschologically level.
Phantom fears sort of speak.

Maybe try going outside more or be around people more. Face to face enteractions.
In time you're mind and body will adjust to being expose to people again.
Bascailly you're becoming too sensitive to people that's invading your comfortzone or space.lol
Being around more people will desentitized you.

Dont over think it or morbidly think there's sometime wrong with you
or you have issues.lol

Latest posts

Back