Out of college and lonely as ever

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost Boy

Reaction score
I meant to make this thread for a while but I never go to it. Maybe because I'm lazy. Well anyway I've been out of college for quite a while, about 6 months I would say and I've had the realization that I have no social life. I've been in this area for mostly all my life and although I've made quite a few friends here during that time, I can't say they're real friends or friends I can talk to. I only knew them elementary/middle school, but haven't known them afterwards. I've made some good friends at the college but none of them really live in my area. The closest friend from college, I would have to take two buses to get there. I don't really go out as much. The only times I do go out is for errands with my mom, appointments and for work(which is every two weeks or so). Other than that, it's pretty dull here. It's so boring that I actually miss going to school.

Anyway, just felt like sharing.

Make the effort to keep your friends, even if it takes 2 buses. Show you care. Committ.

*hugs* Get out more. ;)

I know how you feel, I am recently out of college as well. It makes it hard to keep up with friends, and hard to make new ones. Especially when you are stuck in the same area as you always have been!

But yeah, try and keep up with your friends, and good luck in making new ones. :)

Changes is not easy for everyone.
Everyone adjust differently and at different pace.

I guess get a job that you educated yourself for. It takes money to go out
and meet people.

Theres things you can do to not isolate...but whatever road you take...You must get out to meet people.

It can be a pain in the ass sometime..
once we had gotten into rut.

Baby steps....Thats what I did.
Its not a magical pill...but I make progress.

I moved to a new city...
Forcing myself to meet people cuase I know isolations gets me to a lonely and depressing state. Im not going ro put myself throjugh that again.

Latest posts

Back