Pursuing others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unwanted94

Reaction score
There's a guy at work that I'm kind of curious about. I think he's gay or bi going by his mannerisms and the way he speaks... I can't really tell though. I don't like to be bias, but I think he is.
I'd like to get to know him better, but these kind of things are a bit rough for me sometimes. I did offer him a water bottle, and I made him laugh because I was speaking in a accent, and then he asked for my name, and then i asked for his. This really isn't enough evidence, but I'm still really curious...

What do you do if you find yourself interested in someone?

Do you have any mutual friends/aquaintainces you could ask re. his sexuality? Or maybe, if there are some gay events coming up near where you live, you could mention that you are thinking of going to them. Or you could raise the topic of gay marriage as a general discussion theme, with its being so much in the news at present, and see what he says. If you find he is gay or bi, I wish you all the best in getting to know him better.

Tiina63 said:
Do you have any mutual friends/aquaintainces you could ask re. his sexuality? Or maybe, if there are some gay events coming up near where you live, you could mention that you are thinking of going to them. Or you could raise the topic of gay marriage as a general discussion theme, with its being so much in the news at present, and see what he says. If you find he is gay or bi, I wish you all the best in getting to know him better.

+1 dropping small hints could work well but be careful

Well in terms of finding out whether someone is gay or bi, like Tiina says, asking mutual friends or acquaintances sounds like a good way to go. Bringing up the gay marriage topic could also work, but depending on his answer you still might not quite be able to tell. I'm just worried about homophobia. Ultimately of course the surest way would be to just ask him. I'm going to the LGBT meeting on Thursday so I might ask some of the guys there if they have any particular advice. Some of them will undoubtedly have been in this situation before.

Thanks for the suggestions. Stirring up a conversation shouldn't be too hard to do. I can usually hold a conversation quite well, it all depends on who it is, but I think he's friendly, so maybe I will speak to him tomorrow, if he's there.

I honestly do nothing most of the time lol. I wait and see if fate or a scenario will bring us together. See if you can get yourself to work alone with him on something specific if you don't already, so you have a reason to talk, other then wanting to get to know him. Then it could fall into a conversation~

Latest posts

Back