Relationship with God

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VanillaCreme said:
It's hard to say that faith is unwilling to change. Because faith should be from person to person, not religion to religion. While some religions have stayed concrete for centuries, people can change how they view things.

reminds me of this haha ideas > belief

[video=youtube]

VanillaCreme said:
It's hard to say that faith is unwilling to change. Because faith should be from person to person, not religion to religion. While some religions have stayed concrete for centuries, people can change how they view things.

True enough. This is why I always say "almost" exclusively unwilling to change. Over the course of human history god has been the answer for whatever we didn't understand at any given time. We used to think weather and natural disasters were god, but now those are processes we can explain on our own. We used to think disease and illness was god, but then we discovered that we share this world with a multitude of microorganisms which are the reason for that. This says that god is actually constantly changing. Evolving to match how much we understand about our world. This does also imply though, that god does get smaller and smaller with every new thing we learn about it.

God has moved from the clouds, to the stars, to beyond the stars. I wonder where "he" will go when/if WE ever manage to go beyond the stars. If there even is an end to them in the first place.

This is part of why I have a hard time adhering to the term atheist. A religion is choosing a conclusion. That being that there is a god, or that we have a creator in some form. Atheism is also choosing a conclusion. That being that we don't have one. I won't deny the possibility that we could have a creator. I just think that if we do any rational thought process when applied to such a thing says that it is just as flawed as we are. And like I previously said, it's as simple as asking where this creator then came from. Which is a never ending line of questioning.

zibafu said:
reminds me of this haha ideas > belief
[video=youtube]

Love that movie and love that part. This is why for me belief seems like something that one settles for. Personally, I don't want to settle for belief. I would rather strive to know. And I LOVE imagining what our world would be like right now if as a species we fully used that idea/mentality to its potential instead of the majority of us seeming to settle for belief. I guess you could say that that is my favorite "idea", in reference to the above clip.

This has become an atheism vs faith debate.
That was not the topic at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back