Resorting to alcohol (and other things)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If alcohol depresses you, then why the HELL does it work a lot better at relieving your depression than any antidepressant drug on the market? At least the dangers of alcohol are known and can usually be prevented with responsible drinking. Antidepressants, on the other hand... are worthless products of the pharmaceutical corporations that does nothing but damage your body and mind over a long period of time!

I think alcohol isn't actually bad at all, IF you do it right. It's the irresponsible and reckless binge drinkers that makes alcohol look bad, just like everything else. Too much of a good thing is always a bad thing.

Wow...okay, I'm gonna leave this thread to the alcoholics now since there seems to be a lot of them and people who have no problem becoming them in here.....

My youngest step duaghter Kelsie called me today to let me know that shes ok N tells me she loves me. She was in car accident. I love her with all my heart as if shes my own. Shes 21 . She needs me now more than ever to be there for her.Im grateful she had came back into my life after all these years. Im gratdful I got to hold her in my arms and tell her how I love her.

Jordan my biological duaghter that I havnt seen or heard from for over 20 yrs had been writting to me. She wants to have or build a relationship with me. She told me that she had always love me...I needed to know this..I needed to know Jordan loves me. Losing her torned me apart.

I tried to kill myself 21 yrs ago. When I was brought back to life..I hated everyone for taking Jordan away from me. I then tried drinking, druggin! Partying myself to death..the great escape.
I assure you drinking and using didnt solved any of my living problems.

Jenni died 3 yrs ago today...i didnt have to drink over that.

Im clean N sober today.

Lonesome Crow said:
My youngest step duaghter Kelsie called me today to let me know that shes ok N tells me she loves me. She was in car accident. I love her with all my heart as if shes my own. Shes 21 . She needs me now more than ever to be there for her.Im grateful she had came back into my life after all these years. Im gratdful I got to hold her in my arms and tell her how I love her.

Jordan my biological duaghter that I havnt seen or heard from for over 20 yrs had been writting to me. She wants to have or build a relationship with me. She told me that she had always love me...I needed to know this..I needed to know Jordan loves me. Losing her torned me apart.

I tried to kill myself 21 yrs ago. When I was brought back to life..I hated everyone for taking Jordan away from me. I then tried drinking, druggin! Partying myself to death..the great escape.
I assure you drinking and using didnt solved any of my living problems.

Jenni died 3 yrs ago today...i didnt have to drink over that.

Im clean N sober today.

*hugs* I'm so sorry

Congratulations on your sobriety

You shouldn't resort to alcohol. Alcohol is a disgusting, nasty drug, and can make a disgusting, nasty person. This only applies to roughly half of alchies. If you become a cool alchy, good karma to ya mon. If you're going to resort to drugs, I would advise cannabis or opioids. The latter, of course.. can lead to some problems.. Right now my back is killing me and my stomach feels terrible because I haven't sniffed my morning roxycodone yet..

So yeah, orally consumed cannabis is certainly more safe than any other psychoactive drug I can think of. Smoking it is not as safe, because you're still inhaling frickin' smoke made from the combustion of plant matter, but I do it anyway...but it's still probably safer than (again) any other psychoactive I can think of, because cannabis smoke also (surprise, surprise) contains anti-tumor properties, but you can still get bronchitis and honeysuckle from inhaling any kind of plant matter, and that's of course NOT good vibes.

I've found alcohol to basically be my social life in a bottle. Without it at parties I'm useless, just sitting there being ignored wishing I was anywhere but, get a half a bottle of jack (used to be a whole one and more, but thats another story) into me and I'm **** near the life of the party. I don't neccasarily want it to be this way, but it seems to knock down all my social inhibitions and allow me to actually talk with people and hold their interest. As for other substances, I've tried a lot of them. The chemical based stuff seems to do me no good (except LSD). I've pretty much been a full blown pot head for the last 8 years, which I'm not in any way proud of. It's not that I don't enjoy a smoke, it's just basically consumed my life, made me lazy (or lazier), cost me untold thousands, and got me nowhere. I'm working on cutting back, but when you are surrounded by it every day it's not easy. Magic mushrooms however have been incredibly good to me, not to mention the fun I have while on them, for a week or so after having them, they leave me feeling somewhat better about and more content with myself, though I only have them a few times a year. They're also free and in plentiful supply, if you know where and when to look.

ohsoalone said:
I've found alcohol to basically be my social life in a bottle. Without it at parties I'm useless, just sitting there being ignored wishing I was anywhere but, get a half a bottle of jack (used to be a whole one and more, but thats another story) into me and I'm **** near the life of the party. I don't neccasarily want it to be this way, but it seems to knock down all my social inhibitions and allow me to actually talk with people and hold their interest. As for other substances, I've tried a lot of them. The chemical based stuff seems to do me no good (except LSD). I've pretty much been a full blown pot head for the last 8 years, which I'm not in any way proud of. It's not that I don't enjoy a smoke, it's just basically consumed my life, made me lazy (or lazier), cost me untold thousands, and got me nowhere. I'm working on cutting back, but when you are surrounded by it every day it's not easy. Magic mushrooms however have been incredibly good to me, not to mention the fun I have while on them, for a week or so after having them, they leave me feeling somewhat better about and more content with myself, though I only have them a few times a year. They're also free and in plentiful supply, if you know where and when to look.

Add to all this cocaine then I'll understand what you're going through, my life is nothing but at the moment an addictive chemical. If no one will love me cocaine will...I know what will happen, I've kicked the habit before. I just don't give a flipping fresia anymore, alcohol is quite tame compared to the pandoara's box I've reopened.

Just like when you make a substance your main goal, nothing matters, not sadness or depression. I am content knowing my life is over, judge all you want and hurl critisms, I've known I'll never add up to anything and fresia the world, there's nothing I or you can about it.

Everybody has a differnt bottom I suppose. The part of the brain regulate consumtoons Without going into morals and values..

My bottom was...I never drank alone..
drugs N alcohol was just a part of the partyt hardy life style...

Ultimate theres has to be sometype
of a motivator..

Honeslty...I did it all for the Nookie...
weahter I partyied my ass off or stopped drinking...TYheres a pattern....everytime I get shitted faced..I get laid too. Itll get me into compulsion .lmao

Theres a price for everything..its whatt im willing to pay for the rewards. If the reqwards anrt worth a fresia..Im not going to change my life either way...

Love is my preferred drug, so it all boils down to coping mechanisms? Substitution via stimulation, of course substances can and do ruin lives....what happens if we have nothing else?

Latest posts

Back