Revelation!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treehere

Reaction score
So the last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind of anger towards me for certain things. Different things, parents, lack of time, too much to do, haters will hate really.

And just now, I had a revelation. After a friend decided she didn't like that I was offering her a space to sell stuff; decided to yell at me, I realised.

I realised then, yes realised, that whatever happens, or what is said of me, life will continue. Yup the sun will rise tomorrow and you better just get on with life.

More things started coming to me at that point. I realised how stressed and uptight I was about appearances. About getting people to like me. I want with the flow. And the last few months have been about this 'flow' of life and how much easier it is to me.

I also realised people are honeysuckle lol and I had too high expectations for friends which went down like a lead ballon when said friends were honeysuckle. Everyone is going to have things that are wrong with them that reflect in friendships. People can be douches though, so I also realised there was tons of friends that were just using me. They will not be talked to again. =D

There is something to look forward to though.

I am me; nothing can be changed about that. But I have changed as me. I've gone from a super awkward teenage gamer, to an awkward, meek adult, finally arriving where I am now, posting on a random board to strangers but far stronger all because I took all these hits over the years.

You may not think it's amazing, but I do. I've grown so much, and I'm sure you all have too.

Thoughts?

You're actully more well than me.
It's freeing. I'm almost there.
I still get residue from old stuff but I don't dwell on it as much as I used to.
It's getting cleaer and clearer as i go though.

Treehere--
I think it's wonderful when someone realizes they're just as important as the folks surrounding them. Self awareness is vital in going in healthier, happier and more productive directions. I'm just getting with this program myself. Congrats on the growth. You'll be far better for it. :)

I'm trying to tell my mom this. Since she's been sick, more than a few people who smiled in her face have stabbed her in the back. And me and my brother are left to pick up the pieces in which she continues to drop. A lot of things have happened to us in the past few years. I'm not ashamed of it, however, I don't want to keep living in the shadow of it.

I refuse to. I refuse to live in the crumbling world which a lot of people think I belong in. I might not have a lot, or have what I used to have, but honestly, it's made me a better person in the end. I appreciate things a lot more now, and I see the bigger picture in a different light. And with or without the help of those my mom helped, my life goes on. I don't owe any of them, so I'm not to pay for anything. My life will go on whether they exist or not.

I agree, my life is surrounded by people who have anger issues and people that simply hate for the sake of hating and I agree that there will always be people who are going to get angry or hate but you just gotta love yourself, take care and comfort yourself when they hurt you and not be afraid to cut them off of your life if they continue to hurt you even if you still consider them friends, if they keep hurting you then they shouldn't be in your life or something.
The only friends I've had always hurt me, I sometimes get weak and I try to be their friends again and then they treat me like honeysuckle and then I cut them off and then I come back to them again! Ugh, I hate it when I do that...but I agree if friends treat you like honeysuckle then you don't deserve that treatment and you need to cut them off your life and keep them off.

I'm glad to hear you feel some clarity, I hope you continue to feel that way! Go with the flow! Take care and love yourself and even more if you're upset, don't dwell on the negative things that hurt you for too long, the sun will shine and it will be a new day! And you might still meet people who will get angry at you or hate you for unjustified reasons but yes, reminding yourself to go with the flow of life and be kind to yourself through the toughest parts, it will make you feel better.

Lonesome Crow said:
You're actully more well than me.
It's freeing. I'm almost there.
I still get residue from old stuff but I don't dwell on it as much as I used to.
It's getting cleaer and clearer as i go though.

Good luck! It's a fantastic feeling just to let go!

Nina said:
Treehere--
I think it's wonderful when someone realizes they're just as important as the folks surrounding them. Self awareness is vital in going in healthier, happier and more productive directions. I'm just getting with this program myself. Congrats on the growth. You'll be far better for it. :)

Definitely, to like the world, you have to first like yourself. Good luck with your program and remember whatever happens, you are yourself with wonderful qualities. :3

VanillaCreme said:
I'm trying to tell my mom this. Since she's been sick, more than a few people who smiled in her face have stabbed her in the back. And me and my brother are left to pick up the pieces in which she continues to drop. A lot of things have happened to us in the past few years. I'm not ashamed of it, however, I don't want to keep living in the shadow of it.

I refuse to. I refuse to live in the crumbling world which a lot of people think I belong in. I might not have a lot, or have what I used to have, but honestly, it's made me a better person in the end. I appreciate things a lot more now, and I see the bigger picture in a different light. And with or without the help of those my mom helped, my life goes on. I don't owe any of them, so I'm not to pay for anything. My life will go on whether they exist or not.

"It's not the journey, it's the stop signs you see on the way" Honestly if we all lived in a perfect little world without issues or troubles then I think we'd be a lot unhappier. The last two years have had me experiencing friends backstabbing me, friends leaving and generally being bitchy and a healthy dose of reality when my dad cheated. It's upsetting no doubt, but if you take the mentality "Suck it up" it does harden your heart quite a bit. I'm now able to take things like that far more easily and without getting quite as upset as I used to. And the next day, after it's done, life does go on, as you were saying.

echo said:
I agree, my life is surrounded by people who have anger issues and people that simply hate for the sake of hating and I agree that there will always be people who are going to get angry or hate but you just gotta love yourself, take care and comfort yourself when they hurt you and not be afraid to cut them off of your life if they continue to hurt you even if you still consider them friends, if they keep hurting you then they shouldn't be in your life or something.
The only friends I've had always hurt me, I sometimes get weak and I try to be their friends again and then they treat me like honeysuckle and then I cut them off and then I come back to them again! Ugh, I hate it when I do that...but I agree if friends treat you like honeysuckle then you don't deserve that treatment and you need to cut them off your life and keep them off.

Some friends are very honeysuckle like that. I had one who repeatadly did just hurt me and other close friends. In the end, I had enough and broke ties with her, so ******* glad I did too because now I don't have any more fecking drama in my life.

I know from experience too that most friends will end up hurting you, they're only human after and they will do stupid things, unless they're a saint or something. I think I have only one friend who has never upset me before purely because we mainly talk over phone.

You'll get stronger eventually trust me. I was like that about a year ago, doing that constantly over and over again to people who were clearly going to treat me like crap. I finally said no to a couple of people and it's been far easier ever since.

Treehere, keep believing that it is a revelation for yourself. I caught the same revelation as well at one point in my life. I don't really care how people think of me because 'this is who I am'. I always like to think about it like I was my own party. A one-man party. Everyone who wants to join me is more then welcome and I respect everyone who doesn't want to join me. Their opinion stays their opinion but I just don't care.

Keep it up!

Latest posts

Back