Seriously confused about modern society females

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poueff said:
Mary Mary said:
Poueff said:
Mary Mary said:
Poueff's the man. He's got all sorts of pretty girls after him.

No,I don't. Why would you presume that?
:) Weren't you the one who was asking what to do about the girls that kept hanging around you? Whatever happened to that?

I have two girls that like me,but their personality is the plastic model I mentioned,so even though they're pretty,they don't have a bit. (that was my quesion in the other thread,if I'd date one of them just for the hell of it or stay alone)

Btw,nghtrain,how old are you? If this is your first romantic contact with someone,then try to "gain some experience" with it.

16. I suppose it's a good age to start wouldn't you think?

.I like womens boobays...I appriciate them. Its something I dont have..something different :p
I still dont understand Y I like titays so..so..so. Much. Ive never figure that honeysuckle out about me....so wtf??
If I cant completly figure my honeysuckle out then how In the fresia am i going to figure out other people that cant figure out themsleves completly either :p

Lonesome Crow said:
.I like womens boobays...I appriciate them. Its something I dont have..something different :p
I still dont understand Y I like titays so..so..so. Much. Ive never figure that honeysuckle out about me....so wtf??
If I cant completly figure my honeysuckle out then how In the fresia am i going to figure out other people that cant figure out themsleves completly either :p

You're advice would probably be better than mine. I know nothing of women, at least you half-way understand. I don't quite focus much upon physical appearance, whereas you do. Therefore you might have better advice to offer.

Nghtrain36 said:
Poueff said:
Mary Mary said:
Poueff said:
Mary Mary said:
Poueff's the man. He's got all sorts of pretty girls after him.

:) Weren't you the one who was asking what to do about the girls that kept hanging around you? Whatever happened to that?

I have two girls that like me,but their personality is the plastic model I mentioned,so even though they're pretty,they don't have a bit. (that was my quesion in the other thread,if I'd date one of them just for the hell of it or stay alone)

Btw,nghtrain,how old are you? If this is your first romantic contact with someone,then try to "gain some experience" with it.

I started way earlier,but it wasn't exacly what it should be,cause every one was so young,naive and confuse that everything was such a big clusterfuck. And it still is,I'm 14 for god sakes,and most women around me are either the plastic model I mentioned or ugly as hell,so yeah,I bet 16 is a way better age to start dating.

Lonesome Crow said:

I love your posts xD Titays ftw xD

Poueff said:
Nghtrain36 said:
Poueff said:
Mary Mary said:
Poueff said:

I started way earlier,but it wasn't exacly what it should be,cause every one was so young,naive and confuse that everything was such a big clusterfuck. And it still is,I'm 14 for god sakes,and most women around me are either the plastic model I mentioned or ugly as hell,so yeah,I bet 16 is a way better age to start dating.

Well after watching my friend date for like 2 years now he's constantly wrapped up in drama because of the younger girls. It seems to me that the younger they get the more prone they are to start causing mayhem. Do I have that right or does it depend on the girls? He's 15 btw and dates girls of 14 or 15. I've always noticed that he ends up caught in some sort of mess 24/7...

davyjones said:
you don't "understand" women.

they are beyond understanding because they operate on emotion. you, as a man, do not. you operate on logic.

Ahaha - I have two ovaries and some tits. Try presenting the above to the guy I've been *ahem* seeing. He'd tell you that you haven't met enough women.

To the OP, I haven't hear you mention anything about chemistry. I think if you don't feel that initial spark with someone, there's not much to go on. I consider myself a modern woman but when it comes to men - well if a guy isn't pursuing me, I'm not going to chase him either, in my experience, things work much better when the guy makes the first move.
Whatever happens, I hope things work out for you.

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
davyjones said:

they are beyond understanding because they operate on emotion. you, as a man, do not. you operate on logic.

Ahaha - I have two ovaries and some tits. Try presenting the above to the guy I've been *ahem* seeing. He'd tell you that you haven't met enough women.

To the OP, I haven't hear you mention anything about chemistry. I think if you don't feel that initial spark with someone, there's not much to go on. I consider myself a modern woman but when it comes to men - well if a guy isn't pursuing me, I'm not going to chase him either, in my experience, things work much better when the guy makes the first move.
Whatever happens, I hope things work out for you.

Teresa

Well thanks! I hope things work out as well. Truthfully I could NEVER see myself asking a girl out, I'm much too shy for it. I agree with you on basically everything, so at least I'm not the only one who thinks of dating that way.

Ah, never say never, nghtrain ;)
One day you'll meet a girl who rocks your world and you'll find a way to ask her out :)

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Ah, never say never, nghtrain ;)
One day you'll meet a girl who rocks your world and you'll find a way to ask her out :)

Teresa

Perhaps, I can only hope that she finds me soon.

Nghtrain36 said:
Poueff said:
Nghtrain36 said:
Poueff said:
Mary Mary said:

Well after watching my friend date for like 2 years now he's constantly wrapped up in drama because of the younger girls. It seems to me that the younger they get the more prone they are to start causing mayhem. Do I have that right or does it depend on the girls? He's 15 btw and dates girls of 14 or 15. I've always noticed that he ends up caught in some sort of mess 24/7...

I wouldn't say necessarily drama,but pure stupidity sometimes.

[/quote]

I wouldn't say necessarily drama,but pure stupidity sometimes.
[/quote]

Well I guess that's another way to look at it. I'd have to agree with you there...

Mary Mary said:
davyjones said:

two different worlds.

you can never understand women. you can either deal with them or not.

which is why i am sitting alone, eating cereal, on a friday night.

Liar! Men do not. You are more linear in how you operate but not necessarily more logical.

You can actually understand women, but the reality very politically incorrect; so it's not discussed much.

The reason why I'm passionate about getting nice guys to listen to what I'm saying is because I'm just telling you the secrets that players know and use.

People tend to tell nice guys just to be themselves. Why?! That puts all the powers of seduction in the hands of the players. I would think giving the nice guys knowledge to level the playing field for themselves will only make us more accessible to you. That's a win-win for the both of us! It's only a disadvantage for the players, but who cares about them?
So what's a good way to put the powers of seduction into the hands of the 'nice guys' without themselves turning into players?

Serious question; I ask because becoming a player is the last thing I want to do.

Kataphractos said:
Mary Mary said:
davyjones said:

two different worlds.

you can never understand women. you can either deal with them or not.

which is why i am sitting alone, eating cereal, on a friday night.

Liar! Men do not. You are more linear in how you operate but not necessarily more logical.

You can actually understand women, but the reality very politically incorrect; so it's not discussed much.

The reason why I'm passionate about getting nice guys to listen to what I'm saying is because I'm just telling you the secrets that players know and use.

People tend to tell nice guys just to be themselves. Why?! That puts all the powers of seduction in the hands of the players. I would think giving the nice guys knowledge to level the playing field for themselves will only make us more accessible to you. That's a win-win for the both of us! It's only a disadvantage for the players, but who cares about them?
So what's a good way to put the powers of seduction into the hands of the 'nice guys' without themselves turning into players?

Serious question; I ask because becoming a player is the last thing I want to do.

You don't understand what players do. Everything thing they do is not unethical. What's unethical about being more confident, dressing better, and getting into shape? What's unethical about learning to approach us in a way that's pleasing to us?

You don't understand what players do. Everything thing they do is not unethical. What's unethical about being more confident, dressing better, and getting into shape? What's unethical about learning to approach us in a way that's pleasing to us?
Nothing at all, and I'm already set with the first and third things, but I've always been a jeans-and-t-shirt guy, that'll probably never change.

But that wasn't exactly what I was asking about. I guess it was more along the lines of your second question. The above three things (and other minor things) factored in, what exactly constitutes a "pleasing" way to approach women? Personality-wise, I'm screwed in most cases, because I have a rather surreal outlook on life and the world. That and I despise the 'social games' and wish people would speak plainly more often.

Kataphractos said:
Nothing at all, and I'm already set with the first and third things, but I've always been a jeans-and-t-shirt guy, that'll probably never change.

But that wasn't exactly what I was asking about. I guess it was more along the lines of your second question. The above three things (and other minor things) factored in, what exactly constitutes a "pleasing" way to approach women? Personality-wise, I'm screwed in most cases, because I have a rather surreal outlook on life and the world. That and I despise the 'social games' and wish people would speak plainly more often.

You're right. Being social is all about having to play games; however, especially in dating, we're driven by biology to play them. You have a choice. You can either play those games and expand your opportunities to socialize and date or not play them and accept limited opportunities. One is no better than the other. It's your personal choice. For your perusal on the disconnect between what women say they want and what they actually find sexually arousing:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5197531&page=1
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/25/magazine/25desire-t.html

As a woman, I have a choice. I can shun all superficiality and not tend to my looks, but I'm going to have less success with men. However, if I want to expand my dating pool, I might want to pay a little more attention to how I look. Disgusting? Yes, but it's biology.

If you're not going to make an effort to be what women involuntarily find attractive, you will have less opportunities. It is what it is.

To answer you question about approaching us in a pleasing way, these are traits that women find attractive: confidence, being tall, having social status, having money, dressing well (doesn't have to be conformist but your clothes must have a certain appeal), being in shape, being sexual

She shows "little emotion to you", and yet she's clingy and desperate and wants you to call her every hour of the day, and told you that she loves you? This doesn't add up.

SullenGirl said:
She shows "little emotion to you", and yet she's clingy and desperate and wants you to call her every hour of the day, and told you that she loves you? This doesn't add up.

I don't get it either. She wants attention basically but yet she doesn't really even talk. Doesn't matter though cause she broke up with me (even though we weren't really dating.)

Nightrain--
My son is now 19 but back a few years ago he had a gf who started in with the same "empty" talk and time wasting stuff like calling him and handing the phone to one of her girlfriends. He finally told her straight out to "stop the nonsense." If she had something she wanted to say fine, but to cut out the pointless stuff. She went into a total hissy, I got all this info because she came to the door hysterical shortly after they had that talk and told me the whole story. It was a simple case of her being a lot more immature than him. They broke up and he went on to find a sweetheart of a girl who he is still seeing. Sometimes you have to go through a few to find a "Keeper" You have to be honest with yourself and her. Try to dig deeper and really try to get to know who she is under the nonsense but be sure to make your boundries clear on just how much you're willing to tolerate.... Good luck with whatever you decide...:)

Nina said:
Nightrain--
My son is now 19 but back a few years ago he had a gf who started in with the same "empty" talk and time wasting stuff like calling him and handing the phone to one of her girlfriends. He finally told her straight out to "stop the nonsense." If she had something she wanted to say fine, but to cut out the pointless stuff. She went into a total hissy, I got all this info because she came to the door hysterical shortly after they had that talk and told me the whole story. It was a simple case of her being a lot more immature than him. They broke up and he went on to find a sweetheart of a girl who he is still seeing. Sometimes you have to go through a few to find a "Keeper" You have to be honest with yourself and her. Try to dig deeper and really try to get to know who she is under the nonsense but be sure to make your boundries clear on just how much you're willing to tolerate.... Good luck with whatever you decide...:)

It's good to see that I'm not the only one that's had this situation and understands so well. My friend tells me to just keep looking for a "keeper" and that I'll go through quite a few girls before I find her. I agree with your advice completely, but as of right now her and I are no more. I'm guessing that she just gave up on trying to date. I think I might've been too mature in the relationship, or she was too immature. But either way, I can finally move on to a (hopefully!) better relationship. Thank you for the story and advice, it's nice to see other people that understand this rather unique situation.

Latest posts

Back