Seriously confused about modern society females

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is ONLY my opinion, Nghtrain36. I think that this woman is very immature. One big example is having her 5-year old Sister involved in your "relationship." Another example is that she told you she loves you right away. No offense intended, but how can she love you when she doesn't even know you yet? And, sorry to say, but you made a big mistake by feeling obligated to say you love her too if you don't feel that way.

It does seem that both of you are "in love" with the idea of a relationship. (SOME OF WHAT I AM WRITING WAS SAID BEFORE ON OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS!)

If you want to try and make a relationship out of it, why not try to get to know each other...ask her to ask you questions about yourself and ask her questions about her. That will get conversation started anyway. And, I think it's a good idea to just come out and tell her that she is your girlfriend, not her little Sister, so you don't want to spend a lot of time talking to the 5-year old...I am sure you can find a way to say it nicely. After you talk awhile and begin to know each other is when you (or she) can decide if your are right for each other.

Lastly, don't call yourself a "nerd!" Where did you get that idea anyway? It sounds like your self-esteem is not good. You have to "love" or at least like yourself before you can love someone else is what I've always heard. I am sure there are some very good qualities that you possess, and if she said you are "sexy," then your looks is one of those good qualities.

Good luck to you. If this doesn't work out, you know there are many, many other women out there. Don't pressure yourself to date someone just for the sake of dating someone. You will meet someone that is right for you and vice versa.

I hope this made some sort of sense.

WishingWell said:
This is ONLY my opinion, Nghtrain36. I think that this woman is very immature. One big example is having her 5-year old Sister involved in your "relationship." Another example is that she told you she loves you right away. No offense intended, but how can she love you when she doesn't even know you yet? And, sorry to say, but you made a big mistake by feeling obligated to say you love her too if you don't feel that way.

It does seem that both of you are "in love" with the idea of a relationship. (SOME OF WHAT I AM WRITING WAS SAID BEFORE ON OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS!)

If you want to try and make a relationship out of it, why not try to get to know each other...ask her to ask you questions about yourself and ask her questions about her. That will get conversation started anyway. And, I think it's a good idea to just come out and tell her that she is your girlfriend, not her little Sister, so you don't want to spend a lot of time talking to the 5-year old...I am sure you can find a way to say it nicely. After you talk awhile and begin to know each other is when you (or she) can decide if your are right for each other.

Lastly, don't call yourself a "nerd!" Where did you get that idea anyway? It sounds like your self-esteem is not good. You have to "love" or at least like yourself before you can love someone else is what I've always heard. I am sure there are some very good qualities that you possess, and if she said you are "sexy," then your looks is one of those good qualities.

Good luck to you. If this doesn't work out, you know there are many, many other women out there. Don't pressure yourself to date someone just for the sake of dating someone. You will meet someone that is right for you and vice versa.

I hope this made some sort of sense.

You know, alot of what you said was running through my head when I was dating her. How can she love me if she knows nothing about me? I thought about that so many times, and the sad part about it is that if she can take 10 minutes to look through my photo album on Facebook then why the hell can't she take ten seconds to at least read my bio? It kinda aggravated me that she only cared about what I looked like. Rather immature as you've said.

And I tried asking her a few questions like what movies she liked and such trivial things but she replied rather bluntly as if she didn't want to tell me or didn't care.

Also, like alot of other people, you considered the term "nerd" as a negative stereotype. Trust me, being a nerd is the only easy way to describe me! It's just a bit of a turn-off for most average females. Besides, I look at being a nerd a positive status symbol! Though you are definitely right about the low self-esteem, years of bullying has done much to my poor self-esteem.

And around here, if a girl calls you sexy and knows nothing about you during the most of the relationship then they probably just want sex. Unfortunately that's how it is 'round here and I'm lucky that I can catch it before any moves are made.

Thanks for the advice though, I really appreciate it. Her and I are done now so I'm free to continue my search though I'm still pressured to find a girl as it gets very lonely around my home. I'll find a keeper eventually though, just gotta keep looking. Thanks again!

P.S "You will meet someone that's right for you and vice versa"
Hence my signature! Trust me, I know ALL about that!

Nghtrain36 said:
Also, like a lot of other people, you considered the term "nerd" as a negative stereotype. Trust me, being a nerd is the only easy way to describe me! It's just a bit of a turn-off for most average females. Besides, I look at being a nerd a positive status symbol!

You're wise beyond your years, my friend :)
I only just recently embraced my nerdiness and ya know what, I love my life; life is beautiful. My brothers and parents are the same way and they have good lives too. So keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine :)

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Nghtrain36 said:
Also, like a lot of other people, you considered the term "nerd" as a negative stereotype. Trust me, being a nerd is the only easy way to describe me! It's just a bit of a turn-off for most average females. Besides, I look at being a nerd a positive status symbol!

You're wise beyond your years, my friend :)
I only just recently embraced my nerdiness and ya know what, I love my life; life is beautiful. My brothers and parents are the same way and they have good lives too. So keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine :)

Teresa

Well thank you for the kind words! It's not all that bad being a little different right? I enjoy living life as a nerd, it's rewarding and entertaining. I hope to one day meet a girl that's the same way; I just gotta keep living on! Good life to ya!

AFrozenSoul said:
Sounds like said female does not like the title of single. No offense friend you did not list one reason you want to be with her... so why bother?

Very true, we did not find one bit of common ground in the whole week that we "dated" Quite the bit of wasted time...

OP, you're dating a 16 year old girl.

When they get older, and become women, that's when they become less confusing.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
OP, you're dating a 16 year old girl.

When they get older, and become women, that's when they become less confusing.

Does "differently" equal "less"? :p

Latest posts

Back