So what is everyone looking for in terms of a relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I'm looking for in a relationship is a good man...he doesn't have to be perfect, just not an *******...who can be a role model to my kids and also handle their issues.
Oh, and it would also be a plus if he handles jealous exes well. lol

Something that I have come to the conclusion is very rare. I am beginning to feel like people like me often go most of it not there whole life without finding anyone that lasts.

Some one who can stand me. Someone who can stand by me. Someone who will never stand me up (purposely), or hurt me deliberately. Someone who thinks I am the cat's pajamas. An interesting person, whom I can respect.
aaahh, dream on…

One in which my partner will be beside me both in the light, and in the darkness

A relationship where the guy does not expect me to have sex with him. Honestly I don't have the time to always want to sleep with someone. I have goals in my life, I have to work to make a living for myself. I can't drop my responsibilities to satisfy him. It would nice to have some understanding and know that for a long while I can't, not until I reach my goals and have time to sleep, which I won't see for a good 10 years.

I just need someone to kill the spiders that get into the house, pick up the kid from school once in awhile and be a really good kisser. In that order.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
I just need someone to kill the spiders that get into the house, pick up the kid from school once in awhile and be a really good kisser. In that order.

-Teresa

lol, T! :p

SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

Is that what I did wrong? I wouldn't let them off the spiders, I always insisted on catch and release. :D

WildernessWildChild said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

Is that what I did wrong? I wouldn't let them off the spiders, I always insisted on catch and release. :D

I used to get into arguments with an ex about spiders... I wanted to leave them so they could catch flies (I dislike flies... they make annoying buzzing noises and spread disease. The key thing that signs their death warrant is definitely the annoying noise.) Perhaps I should add something spider related to my future "needs"?

hmmmm, SWM seeks female with GSOH for neverending love story. Must appreciate spiders and enjoy the carnage of mass murdering flies.

*sigh* even that woman doesn't exist, does she? XD

Nightwing said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

I used to get into arguments with an ex about spiders... I wanted to leave them so they could catch flies (I dislike flies... they make annoying buzzing noises and spread disease. The key thing that signs their death warrant is definitely the annoying noise.) Perhaps I should add something spider related to my future "needs"?

hmmmm, SWM seeks female with GSOH for neverending love story. Must appreciate spiders and enjoy the carnage of mass murdering flies.

*sigh* even that woman doesn't exist, does she? XD

I don't mind spiders, I do agree, let them kill the pest!

I just need someone to open jars...

Frankly my sweeties, once you start getting towards my age, still breathing and have their own teeth seems pretty good...

2whr238.jpg

SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

lol! Catch & release is fine but personally, my method involves donning gloves, smushing with lots of paper towels, then flushing down the toilet. All done Special-ops style in like 30 seconds. Catch & release takes way too long and I might have to - ugh- touch it :O

-Teresa

neuromai said:
A relationship where the guy does not expect me to have sex with him. Honestly I don't have the time to always want to sleep with someone. I have goals in my life, I have to work to make a living for myself. I can't drop my responsibilities to satisfy him. It would nice to have some understanding and know that for a long while I can't, not until I reach my goals and have time to sleep, which I won't see for a good 10 years.

If you literally have no time for sex then how can you have time to talk, go out or have any kind of meaningful interaction?

jaguarundi said:
Frankly my sweeties, once you start getting towards my age, still breathing and have their own teeth seems pretty good...

2whr238.jpg

I think us oldies need to become cougars if that's all we have to look forward to in later life :D:D

Tulip23 said:
jaguarundi said:

2whr238.jpg

I think us oldies need to become cougars if that's all we have to look forward to in later life :D:D

Snigger .... Well, Jaguarundis are actually related to the cougar family of cats, rather than the jaguar family (confusing? ask a naturalist).....

And as far as the spiders are concerned, frankly my dear if I can catch and release I do so - if not I suck 'em up the hoover. Whose boss in my house, me or some hairy legged beast? (Actually my girl cat, so I suppose a hairy legged beastie after all) :D

Mike510 said:
For me I am looking for acceptance. I want to find someone who accepts me for being myself and accept the faults I have. I feel like when ever I meet someone they eventually disappear or no longer want to speak with me after some time. I end up feeling hurt because I feel like I trust people to easily. It hurts me because I lost my fiancée last year when she moved she ended up finding some other guy and didn't tell me until I moved to be with her. Now I always feel like someone will stop talking to me or no longer care about me at anytime and I can always be replicable.

Any advice?

And what are you looking for in terms of a relationship weather it be friendship or a partner?

I'm looking for a woman who can accept and love someone who does their own thing and who would accept and love her for her quirks in return. I'm very much not-status-quo, and most people won't befriend someone so independent, never mind dating them.

jaguarundi said:

2whr238.jpg

Typically I'd say something suave and catchy like "How youuuu doin...." and shoot you a wink but 1). You've already seen through me, and 2). You scare the hell out of me :p

Typically I'd say something suave and catchy like "How youuuu doin...." and shoot you a wink but 1). You've already seen through me, and 2). You scare the hell out of me :p

IKR?? She's even more formidable than me! lol, I love her! :)

EveWasFramed said:

IKR?? She's even more formidable than me! lol, I love her! :)

More formidable Darling Eve....THATS debatable. Let's see, Jag is surgically precise with cutting comments BUT you do wield a club that inflicts blunt force trauma! Hmmmm, at the end of the day the results are similar....

Latest posts

Back