So what is everyone looking for in terms of a relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not looking for anything other than the company of the person I want the company of. Yeah there are other factors that would make them more or less compatible, but it seems oddly detached to reduce a person to a set of characteristics they 'bring to the table', what they do for you, what they add to your life etc.

ardour said:
I'm not looking for anything other than the company of the person I want the company of. Yeah there are other factors that would make them more or less compatible, but it seems oddly detached to reduce a person to a set of characteristics they 'bring to the table', what they do for you, what they add to your life etc.

It really does, doesn't it?

I'm really sorry about your past relationships. I believe that (no matter what we've done) we all deserve a second chance. In a relationship, I just want respect, trust, and love. It hasnt worked out for me in the past but i believe that it is essential to have these. I'm not giving up on my "dream relationship" because i know that (if its meant to be) it will happen and with the right person. :D

WildernessWildChild said:
Typically I'd say something suave and catchy like "How youuuu doin...." and shoot you a wink but 1). You've already seen through me, and 2). You scare the hell out of me :p

Aw, shucks !! (shuffles feet)... You say the sweetest things!

EvewasFramed IKR?? She's even more formidable than me! lol, I love her! :)

WWC replies : More formidable Darling Eve....THATS debatable. Let's see, Jag is surgically precise with cutting comments BUT you do wield a club that inflicts blunt force trauma! Hmmmm, at the end of the day the results are similar....

No, not really similar at all - when Eve has finished with you your balls are mashed to a pulp resembling liquified cat food....when I have finished with you your balls are removed, pickled in venom and adorning my mantelpiece in a nice glass jar....

jaguarundi said:
No, not really similar at all - when Eve has finished with you your balls are mashed to a pulp resembling liquified cat food....when I have finished with you your balls are removed, pickled in venom and adorning my mantelpiece in a nice glass jar....

This was your daily reminder that being single isn't always a bad thing... Thank you and goodnight XD

Ouch.

Nightwing said:
jaguarundi said:

This was your daily reminder that being single isn't always a bad thing... Thank you and goodnight XD

Haha !!

jaguarundi said:
WWC replies : More formidable Darling Eve....THATS debatable. Let's see, Jag is surgically precise with cutting comments BUT you do wield a club that inflicts blunt force trauma! Hmmmm, at the end of the day the results are similar....

EveWasFramed said:
I sometimes wonder if all it takes is two people willing to give in equal measure....

I saw something that said "A marriage (relationship) isn't 50/50, a divorce is 50/50. A marriage is 100/100, where each side gives their all."

The way I have always thought about a proper relationship is this - I am fully capable of making my own dinner, She is fully capable of doing the same for herself.. but what good would that do? How about I do everything for her, and she does everything for me? Everything that needs to be done still gets done just the same nothing more nothing less, but somehow there is more meaning when you're doing it for someone else, and when someone else is doing it for you.

I don't believe the "you still have to think about yourself." No you don't. If working properly, what you need for yourself will be taken care of. Thinking about yourself is usually why relationships don't work.

EveWasFramed said:
jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:
Poor H. We will destroy him. :p

He will be toast...

*passes the butter*

You two are in for a world of hurt...

Regumika said:
EveWasFramed said:
I sometimes wonder if all it takes is two people willing to give in equal measure....

I saw something that said "A marriage (relationship) isn't 50/50, a divorce is 50/50. A marriage is 100/100, where each side gives their all."

The way I have always thought about a proper relationship is this - I am fully capable of making my own dinner, She is fully capable of doing the same for herself.. but what good would that do? How about I do everything for her, and she does everything for me? Everything that needs to be done still gets done just the same nothing more nothing less, but somehow there is more meaning when you're doing it for someone else, and when someone else is doing it for you.

I don't believe the "you still have to think about yourself." No you don't. If working properly, what you need for yourself will be taken care of. Thinking about yourself is usually why relationships don't work.

I call bullshit...

EveWasFramed said:
jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:
Poor H. We will destroy him. :p

He will be toast...

*passes the butter*

Regumika said:
EveWasFramed said:

I call bullshit...

:club: Now, now...no calling bullshit - everyone has opinions, H!

As for us two (Jag and I) being in for a "world of hurt"....

That threat, coming from a slice of buttered toast? :p You couldn't be any LESS intimidating if you tried. LOL!

The Childe wrote:

And Eve replied:
As for us two (Jag and I) being in for a "world of hurt"....

That threat, coming from a slice of buttered toast? You couldn't be any LESS intimidating if you tried. LOL!

*Slaps Eve's palm* - great tag-teaming D baby'. :D

Soooooooooo Monsieur H, we are in for a world of hurt eh??? By now the butter has soaked into your toast and you is lookin' pretty soggy mon ami! Cold and soggy, with your confiture d'orange congealing in a sorry little lump on the side of the plate... heh heh heh heh heh :p

(Oh yeah, and thanks for the 'formidable' comment... I was going for 'intimidating' and 'relentless'... which is what some used to say about me in my career - - *creepy sibilant whisper* .. you have been warned...)

Regumika said:
EveWasFramed said:

I call bullshit...

Sounds like someone hates me.

But really? Tell me what a relationship should be then? Logically, why are you in a relationship if all you're doing is thinking about yourself? You can think about yourself just fine on your own. If you don't think about her(or him), why are you with her? Using her for comfort? Using her only when you need her? That's the reason why people are hurt and are reluctant to trust the next person because they fear to be used.

Latest posts

Back