Some of the worst things about feeling so damned alone....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the knowledge that no one would find your corpse for a while if you died because no one is around enough in your life.

Is that even when you're not technically alone, you're always still completely alone inside no matter where you go or what you're doing

Is that the times you would really love someone to offer a shoulder to cry on or a sympathetic ear so you can vent, you realize that you have to do it all your own **** self.

Life is hard enough, but when you have to be your own rock, it can really wear you down after a while.

tangerinedream said:
Is that the times you would really love someone to offer a shoulder to cry on or a sympathetic ear so you can vent, you realize that you have to do it all your own **** self.

Life is hard enough, but when you have to be your own rock, it can really wear you down after a while.

This I can relate to.

I'm surprised that there are responses to this- initially I'd made a post that described how lousy and alone I felt yesterday- I decided to delete it but that wasn't working so I edited out the text. I never thought there would be a response but the one by T.D. really summed up my original post.

I'm happy to say that I'm back on my game today.

Lonely in BC said:
tangerinedream said:

This I can relate to.

I'm surprised that there are responses to this- initially I'd made a post that described how lousy and alone I felt yesterday- I decided to delete it but that wasn't working so I edited out the text. I never thought there would be a response but the one by T.D. really summed up my original post.

regardless of why you originally posted this thread or what you may have said in the original post before you edited it, it's still a good thread :)

Lonely in BC said:
tangerinedream said:

This I can relate to.

I'm sorry that you can relate to what I wrote, but I'm glad to hear that today you're feeling better. :)

Callie said:
regardless of why you originally posted this thread or what you may have said in the original post before you edited it, it's still a good thread :)

^^Agreed.

when something funny happens, not having someone to tell that to - thank god for Facebook! and when I am sad, knowing that I could die now and no-one except my blood relatives will come at the funeral.

Getting overly desperate and thinking every person that says "hi" to you could be your new best friend.....and then getting disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Visiting beutiful places and wishing you had someone to share it with. All your photos are of beutiful places you have visited . places that would look even more beutiful if they were a backdrop to a group/couple photo

Jack Tripper said:
Getting overly desperate and thinking every person that says "hi" to you could be your new best friend.....and then getting disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Yeah, this one sounds all too familiar... back in freshman year of college when I was lacking in friendship (this applies with the opposite sex as well), it was like every interaction was put under the scope and magnified: a good conversation would put me in a good mood for the rest of the week, while an awkward moment put me in a moody and depressed funk.

The old saying goes that most people (that is, people who have their social lives in order) are rather lazy in meeting new people outside of the realms of smalltalk at work and school. This would mean that the other party has to make the bulk of the effort.

Prior experience however would suggest that its easier to just 'coast' on a good conversation, rather than having to 'up the ante' and initiate an invite. At this stage of isolation, if subtle smalltalk has the power to affect your mood to such a degree, then having your invitation turned down (even politely) is the equivalent of a nuclear attack on the ego.

Latest posts

Back