Stress

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samba101

Reaction score
I'm in a difficult situation at the moment which is really stressting me out, I'm currently studying for a certificate for Business Administration and I have one month to finish school.

The difficult part is that I'm financially in debt and really need a job to ease the burden, I didn't apply for a job that came my way and now I have another opportunity to apply for another job that is close to home.

Currently I'm caught between the desire to earn money as soon as I can so I don't go to the creditors for the debt that I have accumulated, or stay to obtain my certificate.

I really need your guys advice as previously to coming to school I was out of work for 8 months and couldn't find a job.

I'm scared if I get a job and leave it in the future that I wouldn't have anything to fall back on meaning no certificate to say that I have studied and I'm more scared that if I don't find a job soon that I will be going to the creditors and listed as a person with bad debts.

The reason why I'm scared is because no matter what I tried before I couldn't find a full time job and I'm limited in the things I can do. I have foot and back problems which prevent me from standing for long periods of time hence why I went to school to study for an office job.

I currently have a part time job as a cleaner for peoples homes but I hate it and dread going each week I'd love to find another part time job but that's not possible, every week I look in the paper for vacancy's but there are no jobs to be found. And I don't make that much money from it as it's only on weekdays and I'm at school most of the time.

I'd be grateful for any advice, what should I do?

Cold canvass! There are more jobs not advertised than advertised. So I think drop your resume in to everyone, especially places you can work on a wkend.

How much are you in debt?

Oh theres plenty of administration jobs available I don't need to do cold canvassing, I'm just scared shitless about the interviews, I don't come across very well and can hardly remember anything to say, without meaning to I say the minimum because my mind is a blank. I'm a very quiet person and I just don't have the vocabulary to come across as if I sound intelligent, it's easy writing on the computer because you're not pressed to give answers. Abd that's what's eating me really the fear I will not do well in the interviews, 2 years ago I went for one and passed the computer tests and had a pre interview and was scheduled for another, I froze as there were questions I could not answer that I was told that would be in the next interview, I had nothing to say. To be honest I freeze, it's like paralysis. I cancelled my appointment will a lame excuse and broke down and cried for a long time. I really wanted the job but new I just didn't have what it would take to overcome what I couldn't do, and now time is looming for me to be in that position again.

As for the debt I'm not going to say how much but my part time job covers the payments from month to month but it's getting a bit bigger and I haven't been working much because one of my clients is having renovations on the house and the other client went on holiday, we're coming up to the christmas period and since they both have kids they might not be having a service over those 6 weeks, basically I'm messed if I don't work. And things have been tight for cash as it is.

I'm feeling alot better, but have found that for 3 years it's been stress after stress, I get rid of one thing then another thing comes up, haven't had much luck lately.

I would finish school. A month won't matter if you're in debt. It doesn't wait anyway. So if collectors are going to come, they are going to come anyway. But don't be so stressed out over them. Tell them they'll get their money when they get it. I would think if you don't finish your last month of school, and go get a job that you'll just be stuck in that same cycle. And you'll owe creditors anyway.

I would suggest finishing school. Because that carries along with you more than a job you might have. And you would have something to fall back on career wise, and job wise.

Thanks Vanilla that's what I was thinking too, without my certificate I have nothing to fall back on and if I was let go from a job I'd be in a worse position. I've come to the conclusion that if I go to the creditors I'll be stressed but it will be a weight off my mind, it's waiting for that time that's doing me in at the moment. I hate my job some weeks it's okay and other weeks it's not, I'm trying to get a job to get away from it and the sooner the better, but as a friend told me he hates his job too and does it for the money, the only difference is he earns big money.

You have to look at the bigger picture, and which one will eventually benefit you the most. Jobs come and go. All the time. Next time this year, you'll find a job you could apply to. It's all the same. But to be able to finish schooling and to be able to get to a higher level is the bigger picture.

Finish up your last month. It will go by fast. And you're a good one, because I can't stand school enough to even apply for it to begin with.

I was going to say what Nilla said. In the long term, you can repair your credit history. My dad had to file for bankruptcy at one point, but he has nearly perfect credit now when he needs it. Good choice.

Latest posts

Back