Surviving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitch1983

Reaction score
Feeling down today.

Ever had that feeling where you've just been getting on with life surviving you almost forget your sad lonely guy.

Then bang life chucks something at you and reminds you how much or a loser you are, before you get too big for your boots and feel nothing but suicidal.

Has anyone ever escaped this?

I've felt that way many times.

My philosophy on suicidal thoughts though are, if in your lifetime you only experience one more moment of happiness its worth living. Find something you love, and don't let anything get in the way of your happiness. :)

Hope it works out for you man.

Yeah hitch1983, I've been there and I'm still here. When it gets bad enough I lower my ambition level to just getting through the day alive. Like a recovering drunk, I just take one day at a time and don't let the adversities win....tomorrow will be better.

I can definitely relate, Hitch. I have felt that way numerous times.

Yeah, sometimes you kind of get into the swing of life, and things are not going too bad, and all of a sudden, wham! You get a bit of bad news, and you are really really down, and you think, oh man, I am really on the ground floor of life. Some people, they get a good job, get promotion, get married, have kids, and they are on the fourth or fifth floor. Maybe their life isn't perfect, but they have a few things going for them. Me, I have always worked hard, but I have never even been with a woman, let alone been married, and I am nearly 58. I have a good brain, but my job is boring and low-paid. I have the potential to earn a lot of money, due to my skill level, but my income is low, and I live in a very small rented place, not much bigger than a shoe box really.

I do NOT like seeing other people going through bad times, but I guess, when you know that other people are going through exactly the same thing, I guess it is a consolation.

Anyway best wishes, and I hope things will get better and that you feel better soon.

William.

Treelooney said:
Yeah, sometimes you kind of get into the swing of life, and things are not going too bad, and all of a sudden, wham! You get a bit of bad news, and you are really really down, and you think, oh man, I am really on the ground floor of life.

I dread that feeling so much, I've recently imagined horrible scenarios just to acclimate my self to any future calamity.

When I was a child, I did the same thing with fear.

"Hope for the best. Expect the worst."
Mel Brooks

When one feels numb and life feels pointless one always asks do I even have a purpose in this world? I even wondered who will remember me when I'm gone?

As stranger said you really have to try to think of at least one thing just one small thing that keeps you going. It can be something as small as a song you love that makes you feel good or even that one moment in your life where you said to yourself I'm happy right at this very moment. No matter what find your inner happiness even if it was long ago. Life is so unfair and this roller coaster ride has no warning or track to go by. You can be high at one point and down the next not knowing if you ever will climb back up. Not the best answer but live with a little hope. It will get better and one day you will climb back up. Just remember it so much easier to give up and stop fighting then it is to fight and stand up. We can all quit and give up but I refuse to think that our purpose in life was this to be. Surely we are meant to do something else in life and that something has not come yet. So keep fighting my friend for you and your purpose in life.

I do it all the time, have a bad day when I'm just down. I don't feel like posting, don't feel much like leaving the house. Luckily, I have good days too.

I have a lot on my plate, lost my mother earlier this year. My daughter moved out, she's 23 and got her own place in a town 45 minutes from me. I've just had a lot of loses this year.

I just keep in mind that things will get better.

WrongDecision said:
When one feels numb and life feels pointless one always asks do I even have a purpose in this world? I even wondered who will remember me when I'm gone?

Our purpose is to reproduce. My inherited purpose is to save the world. I don't care if anyone remembers me after I'm dead. I don't care if anyone remembers me while I'm a alive. I just want the world to change.

Mick Travis said:
WrongDecision said:

Our purpose is to reproduce. My inherited purpose is to save the world. I don't care if anyone remembers me after I'm dead. I don't care if anyone remembers me while I'm a alive. I just want the world to change.

Well said, i myself have the same mind set.
Do you do anything to change the world?
(Sorry if it sounds pretendious, im just asking)

If you wish to change the world then you shall have a purpose and goal in life. If you somehow do change the world or something for the better you will be remembered. Perhaps not by millions but by a the few you helped change. In any case you will be remembered.

Nicholas said:

I steer conversations into positive directions. I am limited in what I can do, so I try to guide people who have power, influence, and cohorts.

Mick Travis Wrote:

(Yesterday, 05:16 AM)WrongDecision Wrote:

Well said, i myself have the same mind set.
(Sorry if it sounds pretendious, im just asking)

Hello everybody ,

Our purpose is more than just to reproduce , we have the ability to reproduce that is another thing.If our only purpose was to reproduce life would of been settled a long time ago for every human being isn't it so ?Now there is a longing in each human being to become more than he already is.The huge difference is that we have the ability to do it conciously.

This can however become the greatest curse if parts of life happens unconciously which makes humans suffer today.Leave Every physical aspect out and see what is able to make one suffer , external situations (people saying/not saying something , doing /not doing something) can make one suffer immensly.

Now i see you are talking about "changing" the world , which as an intention is good but please see , what is the world , it is an accumulation of individuals isn't it so?For the world to change you must not want to change people.If every individual is changing , turning himself in a restful human being that is in total conciousness about what he does feel and think , then you will have a true change in the world that is gonna happen.

If you ask anyone if they had the choice to make them feel happy or miserable , most definetly people will say happy , but yet that is not happening for everybody (again leave physical aspects out of it as it is another context, im talking about internal aspects here) , so that means there are things happening unconciously or compulsively and that is what has to be handled.

Sorry for my grammar as it is most likely not perfect but english is not my mother language :)

Wish you all the best !

I view the world's problems as how we Homines sapientes have been trained. The current methods of design, production, and distribution are enforced by a few to benefit a few. They are inefficient and destructive. This cannot be fixed by everyone taking a chill pill. I am in the wrong forum subsection to discuss this, as it is controversial.

Latest posts

Back