Telling the rents.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toshy.

Reaction score
so, heres the situation. I've been dating this boy for seven months now we met online awhile ago then started dating, we skype all the time and send each other letters. He lives in England and I live in Australia. We have recently been talking about him coming too Australia and he has been saving up his money for awhile. I just dont know how too break it too my parents? Tell them the truth and ask if he could stay at mine for a week, we would've been dating for a year and five months by the time he comes, if he comes. I have a feeling they'll obviously take it the wrong way say I cant love someone I've never met etc..

How should I tell them? Make them understand how I feel?
:(

Just sit them down and tell them that you're really good friends with someone you know online and you'd like it if they could come see you for a bit. I don't know your parents, but if you make it sound more like he's a close buddy you'd love to see, they shouldn't be too freaked out about it. But totally go for it. At least try. Because it can happen and it can work. I met my dude online, and we've been together for about a year and a half or so - the half a year being in person. Best thing I've ever done for myself was to just go for it and meet him. I wish you luck.

VanillaCreme said:
Just sit them down and tell them that you're really good friends with someone you know online and you'd like it if they could come see you for a bit. I don't know your parents, but if you make it sound more like he's a close buddy you'd love to see, they shouldn't be too freaked out about it. But totally go for it. At least try. Because it can happen and it can work. I met my dude online, and we've been together for about a year and a half or so - the half a year being in person. Best thing I've ever done for myself was to just go for it and meet him. I wish you luck.

Alright, yeah seems like a good idea. Although I used too have a boyfriend from my school and my parents would'nt even let us sit in my bedroom for awhile. Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back