Terrible life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Try n Fail

Reaction score
Geez, where do I start? I'll be 19 in June. Ever since I graduated from High School last year, I have done almost nothing with my life. In June I tried to learn how to drive. I finished my lessons in November or December, and my mom even bought me a little car. Since then I've been trying to get my lisence, but I've failed twice. I think I'm doing pretty good, but appearantly the women at the DMV think otherwise. I'm about to take it again on the 15th, but I know I'll fail again. I want to go to cooking school, but I can't do that without six months experience working at a restaurant, and I can't do that without first being able to drive, because our town has no public transportation service, and there's really no place around that I can walk to. I still live with my mother, and have no girlfriend, or any friends that I see very often. I also have asthma, so I can't join the military. I keep telling myself that there is no way that it can possibly get any worse, but that's a lie. Things get worse all the time. My motto is, enjoy today, because tomorrow can only be worse.

I also wanted to say that if I could only get my license, things would really start moving, but I just can't get past the DMV.

Whoa there..let me tell you few things that can cheer you up.

I also failed my driver license the first time in both the driving and test. I barly got,my driver license with 6 failing aswers..today its only allowed to have 5 wrong answers so if i loose the card then im lost :D
But you are not the first or only or last man on earth to fail this license.

Living home with your mother is no shame..you get food onthe table each day..properly good home made cooked rather then me eating what is left over from the floor..if you catch my point here.

I feel sorry for your asthma but should we not try and see above that problem rather than making it a dark tomorrow ?

Hmm isent there a Library near you were you can loan a driver license dvd guide/test ?
cuz that could help you alot, and also you need to change that mood in order to help passing..try to think on a good day in your life and trust youself when you take the test with that "witch" or try emagine her in a silly situaton in order to make you self above her.

Regarding the military, then i have had my nightmares because i dident want to be in the military, so to the final testing day, then i pulled the golden ticket and i was spared due to the high number i had. I was like WAHOO ! Im alive again ! no more military nightmares :D ( I finaly beated Freddy kruger ) hahaaha

So enlight your days and pass that licence test !

Hmm,
Forgive me for being insensitive, but this really isn't that terrible.

Just continue practicing a lot . . and you'll eventually pass.
Positive thinking also goes a long way,
Believe you can do it :D.

With that said >_<,
I know how you feel . .
I'm 19 this July . . I failed my driving test also . . . Eventually I gotta go back and do a multiple choice test . . then reschedule another driving test.
Huge pain in the ass . . .
The way I see it, (here is where you and I differ) is that there's not much point . . since I never go out :p.

Sometimes the driving instructor is just a *****. I had the same one twice, she failed me the first time because she felt I didn't check my mirrors enough but never once and looked at me to know if I wasn't (my brother had just taken his test before me, never do that). The second time the same...lady...failed me again because I refused to do a 3 point turn on a through street that had cars parked along one side. Which you are in your full right to do, if you don't feel comfortable doing something then the instructor has to find another place you will. Third time I tried and got the SAME ONE again she passed me, that was right after lunch though, so she was just fed and in a good mood.

Sci-Fi said:
Sometimes the driving instructor is just a *****. I had the same one twice, she failed me the first time because she felt I didn't check my mirrors enough but never once and looked at me to know if I wasn't (my brother had just taken his test before me, never do that). The second time the same...lady...failed me again because I refused to do a 3 point turn on a through street that had cars parked along one side. Which you are in your full right to do, if you don't feel comfortable doing something then the instructor has to find another place you will. Third time I tried and got the SAME ONE again she passed me, that was right after lunch though, so she was just fed and in a good mood.

Maybe they fail people so much because they hate themselves for working such a stupid job, and want to take it out on others.

Nah, I made mistakes because I was very nervous. I've never been a confident driver.

LOL yeah true, none of them ever seem happy. Has to be the grumpiest bunch of people. I had one good instructor when I had to take my test after getting stuck on the graduated licensing crap, which I was told I wouldn't and then they said it couldn't be changed. The lady I had though, man she was great, nice, told me that if there was anything I wasn't comfortable doing we'd go somewhere else where I was comfortable, and just chatted during the test.

Is there any way you can get a job that your mom could drive you to? That's what I did with my dad when I didn't have a license. We would drive to work together, come home together. My boss was willing to work my schedule around my dad's (which, he has a 7-3 or 8-4 job).

Also, if your town isn't too big, you could ride your bike to work. My dad has a friend that started riding his bike to work, and it was about an hour ride each way, but he got fit from doing it. So not only did he have a job, but he got in shape from riding his bike to and from that job.

No shame in living with your parents (theoretically). I still live with my parents, and I'm 21. It's a whole lot cheaper than moving into an apartment and having to pay rent/insurance/internet/food/etc. Plenty of college-age adults live with their parents. It's a fiscally wise move to make, especially if you intend to attend college.

I passed my car test 1st time...because I'd spent the ten years before riding a motorcycle and watching out for the crazies driving cars.!

A quote for you:

Practice and all is coming.
Sri K. Pattabhi Jois (1915—2009

Stop lamenting the fact that you still live with your parents and be glad that you've still got parents to live with!

Latest posts

Back