That's the effect I have on people...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectacles

Reaction score
Disinterest, specially on guys :(
It always happens that whenever I start talking to someone, after a while they became disinterested in getting to know me. Even when I get to talk to guys, lets say in a bar, they would never ask my number, or they wouldnt give any sign that they want to get to know me further. I blamed my looks for a long time, but then I realised its also my personality. I dont have problems socializing (I mean I dont find it hard to talk or even iniciate a conversation) but i do have problems to get a guy like me more than friends. Theres nothing I can do about it, u cant make others like u. U know those kind of boring people? Im one of them, people realize about it even if i try to hide it.
Sometimes I wonder, with all the people in the world, with the overpopulation we face nowadays, I havent been able to find only one single guy who would be interested in me. I know thinking about this idea doesnt help me at all, but i cant help thinking about it...
I try to be optimistic, but when connections with guys simply dont happen (and Im 28), its very frustating.
I just really hope something good happens in my life soon, coz sometimes Im finding it very hard to cope :(
Dont really need any advise, I would only like to know if anyone understand??

I'm sure you're not that boring. I mean, very few people ever actually think they are interesting, other than really boring people, which is kinda sad. Well, them and Me. I'm freaking awesome, and I know it.

How soon into a relationship do you conclude that a guy is not interested in you beyond the friendship you've established (or are working towards establishing)? And when you do, what's your response? Do you break off or lessen communication sessions?

I'm not sure what to say, except that I don't find you boring at all. I enjoy talking to you and I think you're a really cool person :)

So don't you dare to say your personality sucks ;)

i know how you feel. i always feel like i am boring as well. i havent ever gotten bored talking to you though, just so you know.

To be completely honest.... if you never step up and make a direct effort to BE noticed or be seen, then you have no real right to complain about not being noticed or appreciated. If you're the type of person that flies under the radar or doesn't get out a whole lot... then it's only natural that you'll be overlooked to some degree.

*shrug*

Something to think about.

Thank u ALL for taking the time to reply to my thread, I appreciate it.

nerdygirl said:
I'm sure you're not that boring. I mean, very few people ever actually think they are interesting, other than really boring people, which is kinda sad. Well, them and Me. I'm freaking awesome, and I know it.

Glad to hear u are awesome, Im sure u are :)

jjam said:
How soon into a relationship do you conclude that a guy is not interested in you beyond the friendship you've established (or are working towards establishing)? And when you do, what's your response? Do you break off or lessen communication sessions?

Well, Ive never been in a relationship and dont have straight male friends IRL, but when I start talking to guys, they soon show signs that they are not interested in me, like they would stop talking to me, idk, u just realize when someone is not interested in u. I lessen communications I guess, I dont want to bother ppl when they clearly show they dont want to make any contact with me.
I know this would be really hard to understand for ppl who does find connections with ppl they find attractive. Its just me, Im a weirdo. Thats why I was asking if at least someone understood the situation. For some this might be temporary but for me its permanent.

Peter Lorre said:
I'm not sure what to say, except that I don't find you boring at all. I enjoy talking to you and I think you're a really cool person :)

So don't you dare to say your personality sucks ;)

Thanks Werner! U are such a nice person :)

edgecrusher said:
i know how you feel. i always feel like i am boring as well. i havent ever gotten bored talking to you though, just so you know.

U are not boring at all! just the opposite. Thank u anyway.

Badjedidude said:
To be completely honest.... if you never step up and make a direct effort to BE noticed or be seen, then you have no real right to complain about not being noticed or appreciated. If you're the type of person that flies under the radar or doesn't get out a whole lot... then it's only natural that you'll be overlooked to some degree.

*shrug*

Something to think about.

Thank u for ur comment. Thou I dont think that is my problem. I go out a lot, I do make the effort to get out there, well thats actually not an effort I need to go out. My problem is guys dont seem interested in me, something that i cant force, its not in my hands to change that. When ppl dont like u, u cant do anything about it. Im not complaining (sorry if the thread sounded like a complaint) Im just really sad about it :(

Latest posts

Back