The feeling of Groundhog Day (not the movie)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omgawesome

Reaction score
There is a movie called Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray who wakes up every day stuck in the same day over and over and over again. That day happens to be Groundhog Day.

I have this, perhaps unhealthy, obsession with the idea that my life IS Groundhog Day. I certainly don't wake up every day in the exact same day over and over and over again. What I believe, is that I end up in the same situations over and over.

I fall in love with my best friend but I can't seem to tell him and I don't really know how he feels about me. I find myself stuck in a job that I'm great at but I hate. I find myself doing the same things over and over in situations and for that, I find that I live in Groundhog day and I don't know what to do to wake up and it be February 3rd... you know, a new day.

Anyone with me here? Understand what I mean or feel the same way even if you didn't realize it was Groundhog Day?

I love that film, Bill Murray is really funnu in a miserable sort of way, but anyway... yes totally know what you mean. Ive recently tried to change things by finding out about evening classes and exercise classea so there's something different going on in my life other than work and sleep, but its still same shyte different day in the end!

omgawesome said:
There is a movie called Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray who wakes up every day stuck in the same day over and over and over again. That day happens to be Groundhog Day.

I have this, perhaps unhealthy, obsession with the idea that my life IS Groundhog Day. I certainly don't wake up every day in the exact same day over and over and over again. What I believe, is that I end up in the same situations over and over.

I fall in love with my best friend but I can't seem to tell him and I don't really know how he feels about me. I find myself stuck in a job that I'm great at but I hate. I find myself doing the same things over and over in situations and for that, I find that I live in Groundhog day and I don't know what to do to wake up and it be February 3rd... you know, a new day.

Anyone with me here? Understand what I mean or feel the same way even if you didn't realize it was Groundhog Day?

If every day feels like the same day then it would appear to me that the color has run out of your life.

That's what is crazy. It's not the days, it's the situations. I've gone to school, have degrees and diplomas... changed jobs, moved across the country and yet still get caught in the same situations. I think it's just in my head, hence the unhealthy obsession :(

Well, then use the film as inspiration, and try to do something slightly different every day, until you get the hang of it. If you're falling in love with someone (though friendship to relationship situations can be risky) make slight movements to hint that you are interested. I just suggest doing this VERY SLOWLY so that you catch on if he's really uninterested before you go and fresia the whole relationship up...
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back