The UK is a hostile place for single over 30's

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shy awkward 35 year olds could go on the meet up site,there are plenty of things going on,I can't attend as the weekends and evenings are usually when I have other commitments, but when I am able to that's where I would be headed and I am a shy 35 year old myself.

cumulus.james said:
You tell me on place where a shy awkward 35 year old white atheist could go in London and make a friend?

I mention atheist because churches are not my thing. I mention my age because there are things for very old people, and for very young ones. I mention that I am white because I am well aware that the minorities have stronger communities than do white people. Round here, they would not spit on you if you were on fire.

Creative writing classes, art classes, table-top gaming, tramping, soccer/rugby/tennis/golf...

All of this counts as "somewhere to go". It's not anyone else's fault if you don't have any interests.

Community-based activities were something the old GLC (Greater London Council) were good at providing. It meant you could meet people of all ages during the day. I used to help out doing admin for various community campaigns. I don't think such things exist now (or maybe nowhere nearly as much), as most of the buildings were sold off. I also did some day classes and evening classes for a year or two, and found them to an expensive and unreliable way of making friends - I didn't make any friends and my time and money was tied in for a year.

What holds you to the fact that you cant move? I mean, if you are getting welfare or disability or whatever income you have, is there no small cheap bachelor unit somewhere else? Whats the difference between paying there or somewhere else? Do you have a building subsidy: is that why you cant move? Is it the moving expenses? Is there no cheaper places in better areas? Thats what I would look into. I speak of experience. I lived in a city about 7 years ago where I was a minority and it was extremely lonely. I finally left and though the time between was a huge struggle, i'm much better off where I am now. I'm sorry that you live in a place where your culture and non religion are not accepted. Humans need to get over this colour honeysuckle, gay honeysuckle, religion honeysuckle.

Latest posts

Back