This day is the lonliest day of my life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blue_Eyed_Symphony

I feel so alone right now. So depressed. I just can't seem to get out of it. People use me because I always give, but now that I have nothing to give, I'm left alone. Dude....

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
I feel so alone right now. So depressed. I just can't seem to get out of it. People use me because I always give, but now that I have nothing to give, I'm left alone. Dude....

I understand that feeling. I'm always wanted when people need something, the minute it comes to actually needing a friend, or someone to talk to...everyone vanishes like a flock of birds taking flight.

As mint said, what you're feeling seems to be all too common actually...

Yep, it sucks.

What I like to do is keep my mind busy. Do anything at all, read a book, listen to music, watch the news, anything. :D

Learn to play an instrument...seriously. It takes your mind off of the nonsense, and makes you focus. If you get good enough, you can learn to write songs to lift you up. I do that a lot...most are terrible, but make me feel better.

UBIK said:
Learn to play an instrument...seriously. It takes your mind off of the nonsense, and makes you focus. If you get good enough, you can learn to write songs to lift you up. I do that a lot...most are terrible, but make me feel better.

Lol I already play guitar and drums and piano. And I'm already a writer. Lol but thank you for trying to give me positive reinforcement

TheSolitaryMan said:
Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:

I understand that feeling. I'm always wanted when people need something, the minute it comes to actually needing a friend, or someone to talk to...everyone vanishes like a flock of birds taking flight.

As mint said, what you're feeling seems to be all too common actually...

On the flip side many of us are pretty good at the giving part but to be able to accept reciprocity is impossible. It's not a control or one-upmanship thing, it's just the way we are......

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:

Welcome to the club
At least now you are not alone being alone :)

kamya said:
I know the feeling well.
[video=youtube]

I tought the same, op's title is almost the same as the one of the song

It's a sucky feeling, but don't stop giving completely. Life is full of people just waiting for someone to show up in their lives, be the person who shows up and you won't be alone.

The fact that you always give is positive, it means you have a good heart ... and good hearted people won't stay alone for the rest of their life ( at least this is what I like to think ) I like to think that someday friends who can appreciate this kind of quality will come.

The waiting can be depressing though, ... many here know how it feels to be lonely so, we can understand that kind of pain.

Have you ever tried to talk about this with your frineds ( can we call them like this ? ) ? I mean do they know that you're feeling used ?
Becuase many aren't even bad, they 're just clueless.

HC22 said:
The fact that you always give is positive, it means you have a good heart ... and good hearted people won't stay alone for the rest of their life ( at least this is what I like to think ) I like to think that someday friends who can appreciate this kind of quality will come.

The waiting can be depressing though, ... many here know how it feels to be lonely so, we can understand that kind of pain.

Have you ever tried to talk about this with your frineds ( can we call them like this ? ) ? I mean do they know that you're feeling used ?
Becuase many aren't even bad, they 're just clueless.
I know for a fact that being good hearted will give you deeper friendships and relations. It might not lead to more of them, but the ones you have are better. Just don't let yourself be abused or overwhelm people with helpfulness.

Even if your friends don't have the energy to return the same amount of "good", they will appreciate it and you will feel happy about yourself.

If you feel like you are giving and it's becoming too much, then it might mean that you need to focus on your happiness a bit more. It's not self centered to do something nice for yourself when things are looking down.

Latest posts

Back