to me, art is... beauty = truth.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apathy

Reaction score
I've always felt that art is more than the aesthetically pleasing paintings that you see in museums or those really expensive stuff in auction houses.
To me, art is beauty. And not just in the physical aspect, but what's inside us (the good and the bad). One of my favorite quotes from the tv show, 'Six Feet Under' is this:
"In the beginning, if you hate something, it's good, because you don't recognize the beauty of your own truth."

To me, art is truth. A way for expressing or/and connecting what's *inside* (thoughts, emotions, desires and fears) of myself, to myself (e.g: sometimes i'm not even aware of my feelings) and to others. Maybe 'art' means different things to different people *shrugs*. But there's this quote somewhere that goes something along the lines of, "If you live your life the right way, everything you do can be a work of art."

What does it mean to live your life the right way? The 'right' way for me, is different for you and probably for the next guy as well. But to me, it's about being authentic to yourself and others.

... so, that's quite a long bit i've written there. sorry about that... :rolleyes:

So uhm yeah, i guess this is one of those threads where i put up some of my art work. =)

I know it could probably mean nothing much to others but i make art for myself. :p And, i'm trying to step outside of my comfort zone these days, attempting to create stuff that others could relate to also. (Currently, i'm working on that at the moment. xD )

I'm not super duper skilled in art or anything, feel free to tell me what you think of it and constructive criticism is appreciated.
so.. i'll just post one of my drawings for now.

animus2.png

I really love everything about this.

If this is just one of your sketches, I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!
Keep up the great work!

A very nice painting, and some very beautiful thoughts on art. Delighting to read!

Latest posts

Back