Valentines

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senjina

Reaction score
Can't believe it is one week from valentines, but probably like many, I don't expect anything. I haven't had any relationship, I don't count that little experience from middle school. The only thing I get sometimes is a box of chocolates from my mom. I do have friends but mainly online, but I guess I just go along as I've done before, but I guess you never know.

The one consolation is that at least it isn't as bad and as lonely as Christmas because the shops stay open and 'real life' goes on.

I have a Valentine's Day plan: dip fresh raspberries into melted dark chocolate and mouse away a bottle of fizzy into the fridge til those magic moments when I will jump him -

hopefully when my meeces are well gone asleep, that is. ;)

I am doing volunteer work and a meditation workshop on that day. I figure even if you don't feel loved, you can at least show some for other people and yourself!

the last 2 years I have had cards sent to my work place.
Obviously a piss take from one of the staff. None of the customers know my second name. I didn't talk about them to anyone, just threw them away.
I think it's pathetic and rather nasty - Lets send a card to the loser who never has a girlfriend and maybe he might think somebody likes him. Oh how funny !

17 years ago I got a card. No joke it ruined my life for about 10 years. I made the mistake of thinking it was real and somebody actually liked me. What a mistake that was !

My mam sent me one when I was 16 as a joke.

This is probably my least favourite day of the year.

In the office where I worked they would put up decorations and all sorts of stuff to celebrate v-day. I stuck black hearts all around my cubicle, mixed in with "Cupid is stupid" signs

I am not in a relationship, but it doesn't matter. To me, it's just another day. I wish I had a few male friends to make cards for. I like making crafts.

Some poeple deeply in love do not give a poop about holidays or celebrate them in any way. Even valentines day.

TheRealCallie said:
It's just another day to me. Even when I was in a relationship, it was just another day.

Mhm, same with me. I don't expect anything.

I'm going out drinking the night before, i'll drink enough to forget that most of my friends are with their significant other and will be sharing it with them physically and emotionally... I plan to work on a course im doing on the day and then come back and do the usual...make dinner, videogames/movie wallow in the loneliness.

It's weird and a little tragic someone at work recently broke up with a short term boyfriend and claimed this is the first valentine's day she will be having alone in 9 years....christ I've had 2 in that 9 years where I wasn't alone. My response was man up its also known as 14th February to single people.

I was thinking about going to see "50 Shades of Grey". It looks like the perfect cure for Valentine's Day. Read into that what you wish! :)

I'm single so my only Valentine is my kiddo. She loves the day for some reason :D She gets an extra snuggle from Mommy and I buy myself chocolate See's Candy. Other than that, it's just a big commercial racket, as far as I'm concerned.

-Teresa

Wow im surprised to see many responses but i can see were all you come from and Triple Bogey im sorry to hear about the valentine tricks especually with your mom. I guess im lucky this year, im working on valentine so i wont be thinking about it.. The thing im thinking about now however is WHERE IS MY **** DONUTS. My classmate hasnt shown up for the SECOND TIME..... i want my donuts.

Triple Bogey said:
Obviously a piss take from one of the staff. None of the customers know my second name. I didn't talk about them to anyone, just threw them away.
I think it's pathetic and rather nasty - Lets send a card to the loser who never has a girlfriend and maybe he might think somebody likes him. Oh how funny !

17 years ago I got a card. No joke it ruined my life for about 10 years. I made the mistake of thinking it was real and somebody actually liked me. What a mistake that was !

People can be cruel. I don't know why loneliness is sometimes jeered at. Those who perform these sort of nasty tricks have obviously not suffered from deep loneliness for many years/decades.

Tiina63 said:
Triple Bogey said:

People can be cruel. I don't know why loneliness is sometimes jeered at. Those who perform these sort of nasty tricks have obviously not suffered from deep loneliness for many years/decades.

True. Some people have no idea.

It's just a day like any other day and you can choose to let your loneliness make you unhappy or you can choose to make the best of it. I have no idea what I'll be doing, but I can promise you that I won't be sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Latest posts

Back