What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
murmi97 said:
Considering staying up all night and tomorrow to get back to sleeping at the right time, even though I only have done so once successfully once before. Anyone have suggestions?

I've done this before. Just make sure on the days that you're planning to stay up all day and all night, that you don't have to do anything dangerous like driving. Going without sleep has made me feel about equal to having too much to drink, so you're going to want to exercise caution. Also, you might want to hold off on doing anything especially important, for this same reason.

I think what might work better is to just go to bed whenever you feel like it, but set an alarm to wake up at the same time in the morning, 7 days a week (including the weekends, of course) and just go with that until your body adjusts.

johnny196775 said:
I wish i had the power to make everyone happy somehow.

I wish you could too. Or I could. Or everybody could, for themselves. I don't want to go the rest of my life sighing sadly, but I don't see how it can go any other way with all the wrong turns I've taken and wrong ideas about everything and all the wasted time. I look back over these last 14 years I've had, ever since childhood ended, and realized I almost always made the wrong choice. It's like, as soon as toys stopped being my main thing, I stopped knowing what to do with myself.

TheSkaFish said:
murmi97 said:
Considering staying up all night and tomorrow to get back to sleeping at the right time, even though I only have done so once successfully once before. Anyone have suggestions?

I've done this before. Just make sure on the days that you're planning to stay up all day and all night, that you don't have to do anything dangerous like driving. Going without sleep has made me feel about equal to having too much to drink, so you're going to want to exercise caution. Also, you might want to hold off on doing anything especially important, for this same reason.

I think what might work better is to just go to bed whenever you feel like it, but set an alarm to wake up at the same time in the morning, 7 days a week (including the weekends, of course) and just go with that until your body adjusts.

I get used to my alarm and sleep through it frequently and have to change(the time and the sound) it frequently. Unemployed, btw.

murmi97 said:
I get used to my alarm and sleep through it frequently and have to change(the time and the sound) it frequently. Unemployed, btw.

Ah, yea that's happened to me. And I'm unemployed too. But I'm trying to adjust my sleep schedule to the regular working hour schedule ahead of time, so it will make it easier to transition back into working again.

Case said:
I'm getting more stressed out. I have no job, my lease is up in 2 months, and my rent will be going up again, so I've started worrying about finding a cheaper place. The more stress I feel, the worse I feel. It also makes me wish I had a relationship because then I could have that feeling of being "in it together." But I don't, so I have to do this all by myself. *sigh*

I totally understand that feeling, Case. As much as I wanted to get out of my previous job, being unemployed does suck. But for me, better type of stress than being tortured at work. So I guess I had to pick the less of both difficult situations. It is kinda scary, wondering if I'd be jobless for so long that I would have a hard time living - but I always try to have faith that something will come by and that things always work out, somehow, in some way, eventually when it's the right time. So I try not to worry too much about it. :\ (Sometimes this doesn't work or help at all.)

murmi97 said:

I was actually considering that last night.. but then my headache was getting too bad so I had to give in to sleep. :\

Was your plan successful?

johnny196775 said:
I wish i had the power to make everyone happy somehow.

Don't we wish.

ladyforsaken said:
murmi97 said:

I was actually considering that last night.. but then my headache was getting too bad so I had to give in to sleep. :\

Slept from 4-7, but I'm awake now. Hoping the sleepiness won't get too bad as I have a pretty low tolerance for coffee.

If i stop being at all negative in any way then i will not be so depressing to be around.

Today a squirrel and a duck got in front of my bike and made me swerve from hitting them. That never happens.

Remembering a rather awesome moment. I was standing in the street, in front of my home, waiting for mom alone, at around 11pm on christmas. A dog came and went for me, trying to bite me. Then my dog also came and scared the other dog away, protecting me. That dog is exactly my age, he was born three days after me and he is still here, with me. Just awesome, he felt I was in danger and came for me. Now I am here for him, every day and every week I take care of him. When he passes away (he's suffering from a disease 'cause he's very old) I'm sure I will cry, and I don't usually cry, not even when a grandmother of mine passed away, but I will cry for him, for sure. Animal, dogs in particular, can be really amazing

i once saw a dog smash threw a window in order to come to the rescue of another dog. They were not related. Dogs must really feel love.

murmi97 said:
ladyforsaken said:
murmi97 said:

Slept from 4-7, but I'm awake now. Hoping the sleepiness won't get too bad as I have a pretty low tolerance for coffee.

Hopefully your sleep hours get fixed somehow.

As its said that people need to hope, how important hope is etc. , I cant take it anymore.
I´m human (I guess), I have feelings, and I can not stop Hope from entering my realm of possibilities, hope for something better, even in the smallest things, and it makes me do some things again and again hoping, that maybe today, things will be different.
I dont want to hope no more, I hate hoping when every rational thought I have tells me how things really are.

Yea. This is one of the bad days. Last few months I got kinda satisfied with the thought that one of those days will be just too much, it will tip the edge. For all of my morality standing against it, I can´t help myself not to feel okay with that, and to actually hope for that to come soon, and for me not to be strong enough to overcome it.

Stop being dumb and an total idiot would also be helpful.

And if I can add, and please no one use this in your thought process, for me its "I have no problems. I´m the problem."

ladyforsaken said:
murmi97 said:
ladyforsaken said:
murmi97 said:

Hopefully your sleep hours get fixed somehow.

Thanks, you too.

thelonegamer said:
Remembering a rather awesome moment. I was standing in the street, in front of my home, waiting for mom alone, at around 11pm on christmas. A dog came and went for me, trying to bite me. Then my dog also came and scared the other dog away, protecting me. That dog is exactly my age, he was born three days after me and he is still here, with me. Just awesome, he felt I was in danger and came for me. Now I am here for him, every day and every week I take care of him. When he passes away (he's suffering from a disease 'cause he's very old) I'm sure I will cry, and I don't usually cry, not even when a grandmother of mine passed away, but I will cry for him, for sure. Animal, dogs in particular, can be really amazing

I can definitely relate to this. I mean, I never had an incident like yours, but I have felt a closeness to my dog. I just enjoy seeing him around the house, I enjoy his presence, his smile, his wagging tail when I come over to pet him, the way he thrashes his toys, and his kisses. I enjoy just being with him, and I constantly worry about losing him, since my dog is old as well and under uncertain health conditions. He's special, he's mine and I know there will never be another dog like him again.

johnny196775 said:
i once saw a dog smash threw a window in order to come to the rescue of another dog. They were not related. Dogs must really feel love.

That's incredible. Yes, I also believe that dogs feel love. Dogs just have this sense of purity to them.

I was thinking back the other day. I think the biggest reason that I was happier in my childhood than now, was that back then, I didn't have to constantly worry about both money and how am I going to find someone to date, someone that I actually want. I just didn't think about those things at all. At the very worst, my "problems" consisted of writing papers or math homework. And in the summer, all I worried about was how am I going to figure out how to build this LEGO set or successfully transforming a Transformer, or making up a memorable story with them. Money or dating wasn't even on the horizon. And my life was much better for it. Now, all I think about is that it's so impossibly hard to make just okay money, let alone a good salary, especially doing something that truly interests me cause it seems that the only way to make money anymore is in computers and computers for some reason just never turned me on. I'm thankful they exist but it doesn't wow me to find out how they work. And as far as dating goes...eh, aside from those few girls I want to date that are now taken, I don't really want to date right now. But now is the time, just like when it was time to learn how to tie my shoes, ride a bike without training wheels, or learn to swim. All my dream girls are taken. Next all the "just okay" girls will be taken. And all that will be left are those that I can't even pretend to enjoy. So I have to think about it now even though I don't really want to anymore. It sucks. I wish I could just go back to childhood and everything that happened after that was just a bad dream.

Makes you feel odd when you listen to Killing Joke at work and your 40 year old colleague in the room goes like "Isn't that the kind of music your parents listened to?"

Latest posts

Back