What is important to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejoeyjoseph

Reaction score
My hypnotherapist is this totally awesome dude. He asked me this question because he spends a lot of time with zen masters and he knows that you can really learn a lot about yourself through the answer. I would love to ask you all and see what we come up with! It can be short or loooooooooooooong! Let's see what we think is important!

So here goes:

What is important to you?

Time was my answer.

I stress out so much over time that it has become more important to me than anything else I know of. How much time left for this or that.

When I was in the military, time was almost like a currency between us and the government. The government gave us "leave" or "time off". We'd get 2.5 days (60 hours) for every month of service (720 hours). We could put in a request to take the time off or we could trade the time back at some rate of x dollars per day of leave. But whenever I took leave from service, I felt every second of time ticking away and really couldn't enjoy the time off because I knew I had to be back in service as soon as my leave was over. I don't think other people felt the same way about their time off but I really hated my time in service because every day was a fight for survival, if not literally most of the time then financially because they controlled whether or not if you deserved to be paid or have to work without compensation.

Unfortunately after my military service I still feel the same way about time - as if it's only loaned temporarily to me. I've never really felt that before even though in all actuality we are only lent our time on this Earth and it will be taken away at some point no matter what we believe. I still feel the seconds ticking away. I still feel the fear of someone controlling my time. I still can't enjoy the moment completely because I'm worried about the future and the fact that this moment - no matter how enjoyable - is only temporary.

Time is important to me because I fear it, because I have learned that I never was in control of it and because I let it have so much power over my own life.

I own about 20 acres of land in the mountains in North Carolina. I've always wanted to build a log-home on it, but until recently it's just been a daydream. A few months ago, I solidified my plan to make it a reality within the next 5 years. Now all I can think about is finally having a house that I own outright on land that is mine. I realize that living in the mountains isn't exactly going to help much with the "lonely" thing, but hey ...if i'm gonna be alone, i might as well be alone in a 4500 sq ft. zombie-proof fortress, right?

so my answer is "Finally having a 'home'."

The person who is my only friend and partner.. I suppose I mean health and happiness of this person. It is very important to me.

The other important to me is nature. All living things.

Spoon said:
I own about 20 acres of land in the mountains in North Carolina. I've always wanted to build a log-home on it, but until recently it's just been a daydream. A few months ago, I solidified my plan to make it a reality within the next 5 years. Now all I can think about is finally having a house that I own outright on land that is mine. I realize that living in the mountains isn't exactly going to help much with the "lonely" thing, but hey ...if i'm gonna be alone, i might as well be alone in a 4500 sq ft. zombie-proof fortress, right?

so my answer is "Finally having a 'home'."

" ...if i'm gonna be alone, i might as well be alone in a 4500 sq ft. zombie-proof fortress, right?"

YES.

As far as important things go for me...I'd say my sight and the ability to walk. Reasons as follows:

Sight: I adore the stars and observing every little detail in a person's face. And art, without sight I'd have my mind to create things but life's more inspiring with the stuff that's in it.

If I couldn't walk, sure I'd find another way to move, but I love the feeling of using my entire body to go somewhere. It's an instinctual thing, I guess. Just makes me feel alive and powerful.

Latest posts

Back