What shall I do about my brother?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondintherough

Reaction score
He is teasing and tormenting me relentlessly. This has gone on for years and my hatred has buried deep within me. His unacceptable actions towards me have persisted for years. I have screamed for justice from my parents but none has come. My mother has failed to carry through with effective discipline and my father has ignored all incidences. My body aches from closed-fisted blows and he touches me in inappropriate ways .By now, I know that there is no point even mentioning it to my parents anymore. Yesterday I went out with a new friend and invited him because I felt bad for him as he never goes out. He attacked me and my friend even she says it’s out of order.

Call the authorities if he's touching you inappropriately and your parents won't do anything. You need to protect yourself first and foremost. That is disgusting you are his sister. You could also just scream everything in his face, tell him how disgusting he is and how you really feel about him. That might wake him up or someone.

Oh my god. This kind of behavior makes my blood boil.

Rationally this is what I would do:
First understand actually having rights that are guaranteed by LAW and that your brother AND parents can and will pay dearly for mistreating you. Then tell your parents that you will call the domestic abuse hotline if he doesn't cease and desist.
If there is no immediate and lasting radical change, don't hesitate to call the domestic abuse hotline!! Please.

Call the Police or Fight Back. Those are your options. If you don't do anything, he will continue to do what he does until something gives.

It sounds like your parents are heavily in denial. Honestly, if I had a son and he my was abusing my daughter, I could not tolerate it. At the very least I would send us all to therapy (because as his mother, I have to claim some kind of responsibility).

You have to stay away from your brother. I'm sorry, but you have to understand that this is a bad situation. You cannot feel sorry for him. (well, you can't control your feelings but: he is hurting YOU. He is taking advantage of your kind nature and he has to stop that honeysuckle - although it sounds like he has no idea or doesn't care that he is hurting you, and why not, your parents are enabling him and allowing this to happen).

Please don't downplay it either, because these things have a way of escalating. Right now he is demonstrating that he has control over your body, even as you courageously defend yourself, you are alone in the house: your parents are useless in this situation.

I can't imagine how painful it must be living in your household.

Check out the local women's assault centre, or domestic abuse shelter. They will help you to figure out your options and what resources are available - because trust me, they are available. This is not an impossible situation. It's tough, and it sucks, but you can get through this.

Good on you for reaching out.

Latest posts

Back