What was wrong with me…

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in our times when due to science (and not the Bible :giggle: ) women with your financial status are free to be whatever they want to be ... so things are really simple for you

in our times when due to science (and not the Bible :giggle: ) women with your financial status are free to be whatever they want to be ... so things are really simple for you
Well yeah but you know people think money makes you happy and it just dont. Family is most important, family with a man who has money 😅 but family is still a part of the equation everyone leaves out

the ring thing it's simply a silly fetish to me ... also what is REALLY so important about being married by the state (other than the money worries)

I don't know why your post kicks off alarm bells for me, but it does. Maybe my past history with a Christian man? Maybe the title of your post, "What was wrong with me. . ." that insinuates that there IS something wrong with you (you're mistaken) and sets the tone for guilt trips and insidious manipulation.

Just be careful, Ceno. I understand you want change in your life - you want to be a better person, you want to see yourself in a brighter light, you want to feel cherished and nurtured and valued. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind it's very easy to lose yourself, even more so when you're already in a vulnerable place.

the ring thing it's simply a silly fetish to me ... also what is REALLY so important about being married by the state (other than the money worries)
Cherubino!!! I thought you was a man of romance !

Aaaaah, you a swooning acolyte lol
Im sooooo into him should be illegal 😅 but i play it cool when im with him though 😇 as hard to get is a mustt

I don't know why your post kicks off alarm bells for me, but it does. Maybe my past history with a Christian man? Maybe the title of your post, "What was wrong with me. . ." that insinuates that there IS something wrong with you (you're mistaken) and sets the tone for guilt trips and insidious manipulation.

Just be careful, Ceno. I understand you want change in your life - you want to be a better person, you want to see yourself in a brighter light, you want to feel cherished and nurtured and valued. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind it's very easy to lose yourself, even more so when you're already in a vulnerable place.
Awh thanks my bestie texted me a longer not as nice message saying similar, I will be kinder to myself, I just feel so much anger towards my behaviour ✨

My understanding is, according to Hindu scriptures, kama (pleasure) is one of the four goals of life. The other three are dharma (duty or morality), artha (prosperity, wealth and power) and moksha (freedom from cyclical rebirth). The "Kama Sutra" was written as a guide to achieving kama, in particular, physical pleasure.

It is. It's both. Restriction and temperament come first, and then release, i.e. physical pleasure.

Block me if you like but this has all the hallmarks of grooming.

Trying to mold someone into being a submissive housewife with religion. Picked out because of their issues.

Sorry...

Trying to mold someone into being a submissive housewife with religion. Picked out because of their issues.

Sorry...
Or maybe it's just looking for someone who is compatible with your own beliefs and expectations?
I don't think it's grooming at all.
I also don't have any issue whatsoever with age gaps...but I think I have already made that clear in past posts...:sneaky:

Sorry...
I’d never block ya silly man, but its not him that is moulding me, im moulding myself according to the bible 😇✨

Or maybe it's just looking for someone who is compatible with your own beliefs and expectations?
I don't think it's grooming at all.
I also don't have any issue whatsoever with age gaps...but I think I have already made that clear in past posts...:sneaky:
It's not just the age gap, it's the Jezebel-ish pseudo-religious stuff. Smacks of brainwashing and manipulation.

Sorry...
Couldn't you also say the way she used to be is also grooming from the people she grew up around?

And to Ceno....
I'm not okay with brainwashing and manipulation in any form, so I'll just say make sure this is truly what you want. Both the man and the religion. I've seen many people "turn to God" thinking it would solve all their problems. It doesn't and it won't. You will still be doing all the hard work for yourself.
I would sit and figure out exactly what you want. Exactly who you want to be. Exactly how much work you are willing to put into it. And then make a plan to get yourself there. You will take steps back and it's a long road, but if you really want to change, you CAN do it, but do it for yourself, not anyone else.

I just dont want to be disgusted anymore apexie… do you think someone can grow out of perverse ways?
What if you are always tempted to act in ways you shouldn't?

Allow me to counter the pervasive secular responses here CenotaphGirl with a Christian perspective.

Can someone grow and change? Of course - if they want to.

In my life, I've found that an older, wiser, more experienced, emotionally strong guy naturally influences a younger, less experienced, emotionally and spiritually weaker girl. In today's feminist, worldly culture, that's assumed to be negative. But it needn't be if God's roles for men and women are followed.

As a new Christian, if you find a Godly man of good character, you WANT him to influence you. Whether the relationship lasts or not, he may and should impact you in ways that will slowly improve your own character. That's why good Christian fathers are so insistent upon their daughters dating good Christian guys; he recognizes the huge influence a guy has on a girl. Whether that's good or not depends entirely on the guy's character. But if he loves the Lord and has a Biblical world view, the two should both grow favorably in character, love and faith. Don't look for unbelievers here to understand or appreciate that relationship model, but trust the Lord's words on the matter.

As for an 8 year difference between you and your new Sweety, I'd suggest that it matters for teenagers, but afterwards is insignificant. If anything, the emotional maturity is probably equal if you're both out of school and working for a living (considering guys mature emotionally much later than girls). Understand, women in many cultures routinely tie themselves to men 20+ years older than them - and do just fine with it.

Allow me to counter the pervasive secular responses here CenotaphGirl with a Christian perspective.

In my life, I've found that an older, wiser, more experienced, emotionally strong guy naturally influences a younger, less experienced, emotionally and spiritually weaker girl. In today's feminist, worldly culture, that's assumed to be negative. But it needn't be if God's roles for men and women are followed.

As a new Christian, if you find a Godly man of good character, you WANT him to influence you. Whether the relationship lasts or not, he may and should impact you in ways that will slowly improve your own character. That's why good Christian fathers are so insistent upon their daughters dating good Christian guys; he recognizes the huge influence a guy has on a girl. Whether that's good or not depends entirely on the guy's character. But if he loves the Lord and has a Biblical world view, the two should both grow favorably in character, love and faith. Don't look for unbelievers here to understand or appreciate that relationship model, but trust the Lord's words on the matter.

As for an 8 year difference between you and your new Sweety, I'd suggest that it matters for teenagers, but afterwards is insignificant. If anything, the emotional maturity is probably equal if you're both out of school and working for a living (considering guys mature emotionally much later than girls). Understand, women in many cultures routinely tie themselves to men 20+ years older than them - and do just fine with it.
Something creepy and sinister about this.

Thank you, the only thing helping me through my darkness is the lord and the love of my life. I am so broken, I need the lord to save me… people on this site dont often understand me… they just see youth they dont see pain… they dont see how close to the edge I sway… I just need the lord to guide me, I need malicious men to please have mercy on me and stop hurting me, bullying me, attacking me… I am a woman of god but that means little to them. Idk if this site is healthy for me anymore, i’ve suffered too much abuse 😔

who is the love of your life ... and you have the money so you can live among the people of your choice ... think of that

who is the love of your life ... and you have the money so you can live among the people of your choice ... think of that
My Rob and no my issues are not material they are of the flesh I cant pay them away sadly. I wish I could

issues of the flesh like physical illness? ... this is my last question I won't buzz further

Latest posts

Back