Where my life is going?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Hooligan X

Reaction score
On your laptop/computer screen apparently.
Need you halp if you guy's don't mind :3.

about 3 months ago i knew exacty what i wanted to do with my life, finish college, go to uni, live with my GF and have a family and live the rest of my life with her and make my family happy.

month later, our 16 month relationship ended, because i was making ALL sacrifices for the relationship to keep going and she was pretty much being a diva and getting her own way. so i ended it.

2 months on i find myself not wanting to go to uni, and just trying to find as many cool people to be friends with as possible so i drown all thought's of loneliness, tis working...but i just miss hugging(and i think a few of u ppl know...I FECKING LUUUv HUGZ! and ore importantly saying i luv you)

and my question is, what do you think i should do really, i know you can become anything with hard work but, iuno what to do nowadays.
any advice would do rly..

[/writing about my gay feelings lol]

Van Hooligan said:
Need you halp if you guy's don't mind :3.

about 3 months ago i knew exacty what i wanted to do with my life, finish college, go to uni, live with my GF and have a family and live the rest of my life with her and make my family happy.

month later, our 16 month relationship ended, because i was making ALL sacrifices for the relationship to keep going and she was pretty much being a diva and getting her own way. so i ended it.

2 months on i find myself not wanting to go to uni, and just trying to find as many cool people to be friends with as possible so i drown all thought's of loneliness, tis working...but i just miss hugging(and i think a few of u ppl know...I FECKING LUUUv HUGZ! and ore importantly saying i luv you)

and my question is, what do you think i should do really, i know you can become anything with hard work but, iuno what to do nowadays.
any advice would do rly..

[/writing about my gay feelings lol]

I'm sorry that you had to end your relationship, Van. (((hugs)))
Continue your plan to attend uni. There, not only will you get your education, you will have access to a large number of potential friends! What better place to meet more people you own age? I know it sucks not to have a gf right now, but you're a good guy, so I doubt it will take you long to makes lots of new friends, maybe even a special one. :D ((hugs))

Sorry to hear about your relationship :(

That's the hardest part about being single for me as well. I sooo miss the hugs and snuggles and I love you's. You made the right decision I think with your ex, you need someone that's willing to treat you as well as you treat them. My advice... keep doing what you're doing, keep friends close, meet new people, distract yourself best you can from the loneliness. As for your problem with uni, try to focus best you can, force yourself to do what's needed and try to take pride in a job well done. Sometimes it's far from easy, but it's essential I think.

p.s. feelings are never gay :p What's worse in my opinion is denial of feelings, or being out of touch with them or their causes.

I'd continue on with your plan to go to uni. As Eve said, you could make some friends there. You sound like you don't know what to do since you miss being in a relationship. I know how you feel.

If you obtain a degree, you will always have it.

If you get into a relationship there's no garantee it going to work out...as you're experincing.

Wow...3 months...at 3 months after my break up, I couldn't even think straight.
Hang in there Van.

Hey dear :)
I agree with everyone else, Uni is the way to go.
It'll be a great distraction from the sad feelings, and you'll be able to land a good job when you're done.
It's well worth doing, and I hope you really put your heart into it.
And like others said Uni could be your ticket to new friendships as well :)

I know it's hard when a relationship ends, and it's perfectly natural for you to feel the way you feel. It's only been TWO MONTHS!
Hell, I was a train wreck after my ex broke up with me and it messed up my studies.
Please don't let your feelings do that to you, it's not worth it.
You don't wanna end up with no job, half finished studies & no solid career goals like me!
Stay strong, believe in yourself, and love will find it's way to you in due time :)

And I believe in you
smiley-hug002.gif

Errr yeah...after all these years and another relationship break up.
Guess what...? I'm trying to go back to school.
Not having a degree sucks...yes, i held management positions
and worked myself from the bottom. It would had taken me
less time if i had a degree.

mmmm..if i had a degree..I my options would be more open.
Like doing the same job with a different company making 2-3
times as much.

mmmm..yeah. if had a chance to re do my life and push the re set button...I would in a heart beat.
Stay in school with or without a GF.

What I did when I had no idea where I was going was... just keep going. I took a bunch of classes I now know for sure I didn't need, but if I didn't take them I probably wouldn't know I didn't need them. (Yes, what I just said makes sense and I'm not drunk at the slightest.) If you have absolutely no idea and you don't want to be throwing dice like I did, you know you can't go wrong with aiming to be making a lot of money.

You'll be happier in the long run having experienced enhanced success due to completing University. And since you'll be happier, you'll probably have a better time of it finding a new special someone. Plus, university is also a great potential social circle.

Try and throw your self in to your schoolwork and see if you can baja out of your slump. Sometimes my depression is fixable by forcing myself, with great willpower, to just go balls-out at work and try to keep the crew motivated to work longer hours. The paycheck makes everything better :p

Try this http://www.wisebread.com/feeling-stuck-100-ways-to-change-your-life
FTA:
Here is how you can change your life in 20 minutes, step by step:

1. Clear all distractions. Turn off the phone, the tv, the computer. Lock your door, and go to a quiet place.
2. Sit down comfortably at a desk or table, with a blank piece of paper and a pen in front of you.
3. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
4. Go. Write down 100 things you want to do. Or careers you want to have. Or people you would like to meet. The sky is the limit.
5. Don’t be realistic. Dream big. Write down the craziest things you can think of, as well as the things that you don't even think bear mentioning because they are so simple. Write it all down.
6. Work quickly. 20 minutes isn't very long, and you have 100 items to get through, if you can. Don't think about whether or not to write down an idea - just write. Write everything that comes to mind, even if it doesn't make sense. Just keep on writing, and don't stop until that timer goes off.

I have plenty of other websites with help improving, changing, examining, etc. your life.

eh? said:
Try this http://www.wisebread.com/feeling-stuck-100-ways-to-change-your-life
FTA:
Here is how you can change your life in 20 minutes, step by step:

1. Clear all distractions. Turn off the phone, the tv, the computer. Lock your door, and go to a quiet place.
2. Sit down comfortably at a desk or table, with a blank piece of paper and a pen in front of you.
3. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
4. Go. Write down 100 things you want to do. Or careers you want to have. Or people you would like to meet. The sky is the limit.
5. Don’t be realistic. Dream big. Write down the craziest things you can think of, as well as the things that you don't even think bear mentioning because they are so simple. Write it all down.
6. Work quickly. 20 minutes isn't very long, and you have 100 items to get through, if you can. Don't think about whether or not to write down an idea - just write. Write everything that comes to mind, even if it doesn't make sense. Just keep on writing, and don't stop until that timer goes off.

I have plenty of other websites with help improving, changing, examining, etc. your life.

How exactly does that work. Maybe it's just me, but a list like that would just make me more depressed seeing all the things I'll never actually do. :(

LonelyDragon said:
How exactly does that work. Maybe it's just me, but a list like that would just make me more depressed seeing all the things I'll never actually do. :(

That is a good question.
This is one of those things that I have been meaning to do for a long time but never got around to it. I understand what you are saying though.

FTA:
"The point of this exercise is not to create a giant and outlandish "to-do" list that never gets ticked off. Instead, it is simply to open up your mind to the idea that anything is possible, and to give you ideas that will help you to become unstuck in life."

Personally, I think it can help you find out what you would like to do.
Humans usually seem to work in patterns(IMO). You will probably be able to see some sort of pattern and groupings that will help you get the general idea of what you want to do.

P.S. I don't know if I am making any sense. I am pretty much sleep typing this.

eh? said:
P.S. I don't know if I am making any sense. I am pretty much sleep typing this.

LoL I'm doing the same thing. Trying to tire myself out so I can sleep. This will probably be my last post for the night.

I just don't think my mind can do that like they suggest. Sitting down and making a list of all the big dreams I have would just be a downer for me. But I'm sure many people would at least find it fun.

Latest posts

Back