Would anyone ever consider using hypnosis?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
^^^Aaahh, but that begs the question: Are our remb'rances actually as close to reality as we think? Often multiple witnesses will give many different variations of the description of a car wreck, even though they all saw the same thing.

So when we record our memories, they're going through layers of our own perceptions, filters, and judgment processes... so the end product could be something so different from what really occurred that we're basically fooling ourselves into believing what we want...

...but that's getting into philosophy, and we could argue that all day/year/millenium and never get anywhere. lol

Either way, I agree. I would NOT use hypnosis as a psychological tool. I just don't think it's a good idea.

Well, of course our memories are not perfect; and we are bound to have multiple inaccuracies in our memory, but people should be striving to get a clearer image and understanding of reality, not create more fantasies.

Latest posts

Back