24 and never had a relationshop

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger lily

Reaction score
while I was at uni, the few people I like turned out to be either gay or already in a relationship. However ever since Ive left uni 3 years ago now Ive not had chnace to meet any new men. There is nothing wrong with my confidence its just that ive lost all my friends due to them moving away getting boyfriends etc, and the old school friends I have im no longer on the same wave length as them. Ive joined, clubs, groups as everyone suggests but there are always older people, Ive met a few young but then Ive not been interested in them that way.

i feel like my youth is going to waste. Everyone my age is out there enjoying themselves with boyfriends/girfriends, and I don't even know where to find these people my age who are actually interesting to talk to aswell and not just into the usual going out drinking. I have lots of hobbies interests, but doing them alone all the time is getting my really depressed.

Im worried that when I eventually find that special someone they will think Im strange for never having a relationship before. Whereas I know its just down to circumstance and also not meeting the right person, maybe they don't believe me and think I cant be worth dating? I mean I'm even scared to be in a relationship because Im not sure what to expect.

Please can you be honest in your replies. Thankou.

wow. I can absolutely relate to you, tiger lily. except for al the people I was interested in being gay/in a relationship. we can just say they were not interested in one with me lol.

but yeah, I can relate.

you seem like an active and interesting person, so just keep at it. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who wouldn't care two cents that you have never been in a prior relationship. It wouldn't bother me, that's for sure!

I would think that being uncertain and fearful of a relationship is pretty normal too, if you haven't experienced one yet. I feel like that from time to time as well. just try and keep it from consuming/jading you, and you will lileky meet someone interesting, interested and available.

good luck, tiger! ;)

suckaG said:
wow. I can absolutely relate to you, tiger lily. except for al the people I was interested in being gay/in a relationship. we can just say they were not interested in one with me lol.

but yeah, I can relate.

you seem like an active and interesting person, so just keep at it. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who wouldn't care two cents that you have never been in a prior relationship. It wouldn't bother me, that's for sure!

I would think that being uncertain and fearful of a relationship is pretty normal too, if you haven't experienced one yet. I feel like that from time to time as well. just try and keep it from consuming/jading you, and you will lileky meet someone interesting, interested and available.

good luck, tiger! ;)

Hello, Thankyou for your reponse. I'm quite a strong minded person so I intend to carry on keeping up with everything as of so far. I guese you just need that reassurance sometimes when you only have your own thoughts to comfort you. I don't tend to tell people how I feel. Thankyou again :)

I'll be honest in my response and say that if I were to date someone who is 24 and never had a relationship before, it wouldn't be weird and I wouldn't think she isn't worth dating.

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE

Never.

You still have chances at love, it's just up to YOU to get out there and find it. :)

Don't worry about it Tiger. A lot of guys wouldn't care how many relationships you've been in. It's also possible that some guys might find that to be a positive aspect...maybe it makes you less intimidating perhaps. Also, it's entirely possible that there are guys who have never had relationships that are around your age whom you'd have that in common with.

Just a thought...it's seriously nothing to worry about. Give yourself a break. You're probably awesome...just nobody's told you in a while.

Btw...ur awesome! :D

I had my first relationship at 24, so it's not like you're too old or anything. And when you do meet someone, don't be scared, just go with the flow (à la Madonna, lol).

Hey I'm 24 and never been in a real relationship either! It does suck sometimes, currently most of the people I know my own age are starting to look at marriage in the near future and I still feel like I'm working out high school issues. Nice to know others are out there, I do believe that everyone has a soulmate out there I wish you the best of luck in finding someone who is perfect for you!

MrFreeze said:
Hey I'm 24 and never been in a real relationship either! It does suck sometimes, currently most of the people I know my own age are starting to look at marriage in the near future and I still feel like I'm working out high school issues. Nice to know others are out there, I do believe that everyone has a soulmate out there I wish you the best of luck in finding someone who is perfect for you!

Yea Its annoying just because Ive not had any experience I feel like a kid. Whereas really Ive been out in the real world for a few years now with work responsibilities etc , it really affects my confidence. Most people seem to get intimate so quickly these days and by my age everyone seems so confident in relationships.

If you are a man: Bulk and cut for an entire year. PM for workout advice. Tedious but it works. Bodybuilder's diet. Then look in men's magazines for how to dress and how to wear your hair. Get rid of acne if you have any.

If you are a woman: Date your best male friend (the one who you keep on saying, "let's be friends" to) and make him change his behavior and his looks until you are attracted to him. Believe me, he will do it.

SocratesX said:
If you are a man: Bulk and cut for an entire year. PM for workout advice. Tedious but it works. Bodybuilder's diet. Then look in men's magazines for how to dress and how to wear your hair. Get rid of acne if you have any.

If you are a woman: Date your best male friend (the one who you keep on saying, "let's be friends" to) and make him change his behavior and his looks until you are attracted to him. Believe me, he will do it.

I don't want to force any relationship. I want to be with someone because we both genuinly like each other. I was just asking how I am ment to feel confident when I eventually do meet the man I want to be with knowing that Ive had no relationship experience before.

Tiger Lilly did you take the Meyers Briggs?

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=12400

Literally all of us in the thread have found out of the 16 personality types we all have a common thread, we are all introverts. If you're an introvert (which I suspect statistically for this website you are) it's not as easy for you to meet people as it is for other types of people. I think you are smart not to force anything but at the same time, you can't catch a fish if you don't cast the line. One of the mistakes I've made in the past was that subconscious fear that exists in all of us about falling in love was a lot stronger then I was willing to recognize. I wasn't being honest with myself. So I ended up making myself a little to unavailable in hind site which I regret. I'm not saying that's the case with you, I'm just sharing a mistake I made that I learned from.

You know I would date a girl (I'm straight) that was 24 and never had a relationship and not think anything of it. I don't think it's that uncommon and I certainly don't think it's bad or negative. Now if you were 35 and lived with your parents and had never moved out that's a different story. I bet lot's of people have never had a boyfriend or girlfriend at 24.

Can I talk you into checking out the thread if you haven't yet?

Heres the link again:

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=12400

Wow. Really surprised at the amount of 24 y.o's in this thread that have never had a proper relationship or even a date. For most of us, 24 seems to be the age where we start to consider if closing our hearts off for good might just be in our best interest.

SocratesX said:

You mean, I have to turn into.....

guido.jpg

No. I refuse. Infact, I blatantly refuse! It's almost like saying, 'you can be attractive to anyone of the opposite sex. You just have to stop being you first'. However, that's really too bad, because as unnappealing as I might be, I happen to like being me. And if I have to change all of that just to improve my chances with females, then.......

I think you may have helped me make my decision.

I hope SocratesX is joking.

But no, im 24 and never had a relationship either. Not even a kiss, actually. Its okay.

Code S.O.L said:
Wow. Really surprised at the amount of 24 y.o's in this thread that have never had a proper relationship or even a date. For most of us, 24 seems to be the age where we start to consider if closing our hearts off for good might just be in our best interest.

SocratesX said:

You mean, I have to turn into.....

guido.jpg

No. I refuse. Infact, I blatantly refuse! It's almost like saying, 'you can be attractive to anyone of the opposite sex. You just have to stop being you first'. However, that's really too bad, because as unnappealing as I might be, I happen to like being me. And if I have to change all of that just to improve my chances with females, then.......

I think you may have helped me make my decision.

Mock the fist-pumping juicehead, but that female friend who cries on your shoulder makes love to him each night while you go to sleep frustrated and alone.

SocratesX said:
Mock the fist-pumping juicehead, but that female friend who cries on your shoulder makes love to him each night while you go to sleep frustrated and alone.

Lol, assuming there was even anyone to cry on my shoulder in the first place....

Latest posts

Back