Tired of my seemingly perfect life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldplay

Reaction score
Hey!
I'm a 18 year-old student. I've been so successful in my life, but i just don't feel happy anymore. I'm already one of the best mathematicians in my country, i've found my one and only - an extremely smart, perfect personality model who loves me from the bottom of her heart, i'm a very talented artist (origami) and a rising MMA fighter. I've got plenty of friends, a good job and seemingly a lot to live for. However, i just feel so tired of life. Everything i have achieved and done...it just seems like a dream for and average person...i've gotten every woman i've ever wanted, i'm well-known and have got good connections but still...i just feel unhappy and lonely. For example, i was invited to 2 really cool parties tonight, but instead i'm just drinking huge amounts of beer and smoking a huge load of cigarettes alone at home. I can't smile anymore. I'm ruining my life - abondaning and insulting my friends, and i know they would never leave me alone. Nobody knows how i feel, i still look like i'm living a dream life, but it's just an act. I've even considered leaving this place, but it hasn't gotten that far yet. I have no idea what i want, what i need, but just isn't what i've got right now. I don't trust anyone, even my "closest friends" and still feel so lonely, so tired. I just needed to express myself and talk about my feelings somewhere, because i just don't want any of my friends or loved ones to know about them. Thank You for reading and listening. Sorry about my rather bad English, I've just had too much to drink.
:(

If you'd search, there are several threads like this. In short, find a meaning with it all.

Coldplay is on of my favorite bands :)

P.s. you sound pretty cool.

Keep talking, we'll listen. When I read your post it sounded like you might be depressed, have feelins of emptiness. Also do you think the lack of trust you have with your loved ones might be a part of the problem?

The question is: what would make you happy? Can you think of anything?

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Maybe you're afraid they only like you because of your fame/success and what you need is to feel that you have a 'real' friend?

coldplay -- You seem to taking part in something that I do often: self-sabotage.

Try not to burn bridges with the few friends that are there for you, as some of them will eventually get tired. I tend to do it out of self-loathing. Sometimes I do it just to see who cares enough to see through my bullshit and stick around -- but that doesn't make it right nor fair to the people I do it to. I'm certainly not trying to justify it myself. Speaking from experience, you'll regret it when you lose their friendship forever.

Since it seems you don't have much of an issue making friends, why not work on making deeper connections with those that are in your life -- ones that you can feel you can trust among the others? It might surprise you if you open up to them, they may feel like they can start confiding in you as well. Not saying you should spill your life story, but opening up and doing so one step at a time. Eventually you may find you can form genuine friendships with them instead of restraining your emotions and feelings around them.

It's difficult... And something I struggle with myself at times.

Latest posts

Back