Met a friend for the first time yesterday. :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9172

Reaction score
Yay for progress. :)

So I met a friend I've known online for 5 months now for the first time the other day. We've been nearly but not quite meeting for a while now for a number of reasons I wont go in to here, but it finally happened.

It went really well. :D We just went and caught a movie together because we wanted something without much pressure in case it didn't go so well.

So I feel a lot less lonely today. Meeting her again next week too, although that's something that's been arranged for a while now.

We're solid friends already so I am very hopeful that we'll continue that friendship just as strongly in to "real life" too. :p

Congrats Dave. To less loneliness :D

DaveIsLonely said:
Yay for progress. :)

So I met a friend I've known online for 5 months now for the first time the other day. We've been nearly but not quite meeting for a while now for a number of reasons I wont go in to here, but it finally happened.

It went really well. :D We just went and caught a movie together because we wanted something without much pressure in case it didn't go so well.

So I feel a lot less lonely today. Meeting her again next week too, although that's something that's been arranged for a while now.

We're solid friends already so I am very hopeful that we'll continue that friendship just as strongly in to "real life" too. :p

It's so great! and thanks for sharing.

I bet you can't wait another meeting :D wish you best!

Thank you for all the encouragement! :) It's good to share good news with people. :)

Well... I met her again today... Basically, an impromptu meeting turned in to a date; We're also going on a planned date soon that I asked her on afterwards.

Latest posts

Back